IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Got my internship at the Canadian embassy in Myanmar.

6OToh.jpg ~~ YES

lol @ all that time learning japanese and being a legend in korean, only to be sent to burma (don't ever call it that outside of close company, don't want to slip up when you're there, omg why did i even say this, now you are sure to!!). Nwae, you'll make a great diplomat/analyst chen. Congrats.

apparently some of the locals also call it Burma as that was the traditional name and they feel that Myanmar is not representative of their culture.

It's cool cause they're literally opening the embassy in June. So hopefully I can parlay that plus my korean skills into something worthwhile when (if) Canada establishes relations with NK

Anyhow thanks all!!

Guest Frankie5fingers

At a primus concert right now and I just got a signed poster. Les claypool is a huge inspiration to me and to get a signed poster... *starts to cry* lol

holy shit I just realised the maths I learned in school wasn't a waste of time - using formulas to make curves for the envelopes in a sample rolling machine I'm making in Sync Modular

My boiler has been on the blink for a few days meaning I had no hot water. I decided to look up the error online and found the reason (low water pressure) and the solution which I used to fix it.Yay!

Edited by MadameChaos

Moved into new house this week, lot closer to central ATX but with same rent we would of payed if we didn't move. Officially in the oft-mentioned "East Side" now.

Can bike to work or drive there in less than 5 minutes. Wife's commute to downtown is now <10 instead of 30+ minutes. There's a taco place just a block and a half down the street and a BBQ place about 10 minutes away. Like, a really low-key BBQ shack run by an old black guy. We just figured out our yard has a fucking peach tree in it. Immediate neighbor is really friendly and already inviting us to cook outs and offering us surplus vegetables. Way closer to a lot of my friends in town. Pretty stoked overall.

Moved into new house this week, lot closer to central ATX but with same rent we would of payed if we didn't move. Officially in the oft-mentioned "East Side" now.

Can bike to work or drive there in less than 5 minutes. Wife's commute to downtown is now <10 instead of 30+ minutes. There's a taco place just a block and a half down the street and a BBQ place about 10 minutes away. Like, a really low-key BBQ shack run by an old black guy. We just figured out our yard has a fucking peach tree in it. Immediate neighbor is really friendly and already inviting us to cook outs and offering us surplus vegetables. Way closer to a lot of my friends in town. Pretty stoked overall.

sexcellent

I just updated my linkedin and it looks so ballin'. Like I can schmooze my way into the White House on a magic carpet of street cred and good old fashioned American elbow grease with a bottle of 50 year old single malt I can share with Obama over a blunt and some illuminati shop talk.

twelve days without a cigarette. i hope to continue the streak.

If you don't keep it up, just quit again - just keep quitting

just passed my driving test, whoop!

way to go! now you can go for a drive in the countryside!

Guest fiznuthian

I went to a job fair hosted by a commercial hydroponic greenhouse that has strong potential to be my dream job. After standing around for 3 hours (fuck, I was not giving up) while HR was preoccupied with meetings I was able to talk to a couple representatives from the company. They either think i'm absolutely insane or the most eager potential employee on the planet. I was able to establish my functional knowledge of soilless culture systems and I think it might just work out..

Fuck yes!

Also a shock was one of the reps casually bringing up the company's interest in medical marijuana. They're setting up to enter that industry really quickly.