IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

just ruined the life of two beginning students whose papers i was reviewing by finding out that they copy-pasted whole paragraphs from various websites and presented them as their own answers. HEIL ACADEMIA !

Guest jasondonervan

Recently found myself in a comfortable enough position to pay off a long-standing loan, and two years early to boot. Token 'admin fee' aside (roughly £50, just for pushing a cheque through the system is such bullshit), it means that I've beaten the interest quite significantly. Going to feel so good not having that particular payment dragged kicking and screaming from me each month.

Edited by jasondonervan

I was nervous as fuck before the show I played lastnight, since I was supporting a rather awesome synthpop band and also the first time I'd included any vocal tracks in a live set. Got up on stage and totally nailed it though. Had people comparing me to Ian Curtis, Robert Smith, The Presets, Joe Satriani and The Shadows.. which is just completely utterly ridiculous. And to add to that I got paid $140 for a 20min set haha!

finally landed a good internship interview, nailed it, and now have a summer intern position. i'm going to assemble and install a focused ion beam for the nanotech center. :mu-ziq:

also one of my instructors asked me to help him put together a plan for a free/open introductory course in our program. FREE SCHOOLING! they've been listening to me! warms my cold dead dino heart. <3

Edited by luke viia

Be warned though, I mainly make abstract/dada-esque noise collage snuff stuff, not to everyone's taste :derp:

I actually love stuff like that

This actually makes me want to hear it even more

Same here. I can send you some cassettes too. Do you like Barbra Streisand?

I was nervous as fuck before the show I played lastnight, since I was supporting a rather awesome synthpop band and also the first time I'd included any vocal tracks in a live set. Got up on stage and totally nailed it though. Had people comparing me to Ian Curtis, Robert Smith, The Presets, Joe Satriani and The Shadows.. which is just completely utterly ridiculous. And to add to that I got paid $140 for a 20min set haha!

Nice job dude! I haven't played an electronic show in like 8 years and the idea still makes me nervous as fuck. Good work. Plstopost vocals trxs.

Be warned though, I mainly make abstract/dada-esque noise collage snuff stuff, not to everyone's taste :derp:

I actually love stuff like that

This actually makes me want to hear it even more

Same here. I can send you some cassettes too. Do you like Barbra Streisand?

Do I!

Do I?

me and a small group of people i work with are getting an award tonight by the city. i'm honored but also incredibly stressed because of how big a deal it is/ how many people. i mean, everyone is wearing name tags and shit. maybe i'll make it on the news. fml

me and a small group of people i work with are getting an award tonight by the city. i'm honored but also incredibly stressed because of how big a deal it is/ how many people. i mean, everyone is wearing name tags and shit. maybe i'll make it on the news. fml

stupid success over and feeling pretty good right now.

stupid success over and feeling pretty good right now.

Success!

:biggrin:

I've been sort of promoted at work and am now on holiday for a fortnight. I've just cleaned up the flat, fed the cat, and am about to sit back with a glass of pretty awesome wine and watch me some Pinocchio. Also, I've just had a shower and will most likely get laid tonight. Win!

Guest Frankie5fingers

Just finished a song I've been working on for months and months and months...

And as a result my confidence is back up.

way to go dude. i had the same experience a little while ago. im feeling much better about my music and i feel like im actually moving forward.

Just finished a song I've been working on for months and months and months...

And as a result my confidence is back up.

way to go dude. i had the same experience a little while ago. im feeling much better about my music and i feel like im actually moving forward.

Feels good don't it?

Being stuck is pretty much the worst feeling in the world. All I want to do with my life is make music and I feel kinda worthless when the notes won't flow.

Just found out that I've graduated with a first and that I actually get a couple of hundred quid from my uni as part of some prize-type thing, which means I can think about getting some new gear in. Really pleased about this!