IGNORED

A Civilized Discussion on Gender Issues

Guest A/D

Yes address bias in the articles themselves not me personally

Anyway I don't see why we're assuming that I'm incorrect because of my biases anyway

I can say the same of all you and your feminist biases. Especially since feminists in academia are quite often known to pretend to have not gathered any evidence which contradicts them.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not assuming you're incorrect because of your biases - I looked at four of your articles and found them quite wanting in supporting your assertions.

I'm interested in your motivation for making the original thread.

Yes address bias in the articles themselves not me personally

Anyway I don't see why we're assuming that I'm incorrect because of my biases anyway

I can say the same of all you and your feminist biases. Especially since feminists in academia are quite often known to pretend to have not gathered any evidence which contradicts them.

That sentence doesn't make sense.

But anyway like truthers and reptoid conspiracists your position isn't worth debating. You have plucked a few bits of data that appear to support your claims and ignored the ocean of data that doesn't.

Zeffolia, saying stuff like this:

Posted Today, 09:05 AM

Women tend to be the ones who abuse children

I'm not surprised

In the thread about a mother and her kid, is why people are interested in whether you have personal views on women.

I'm not surprised

In the thread about a mother and her kid, is why people are interested in whether you have personal views on women.

They do

The majority of child abuse cases are woman on child, not man on child

Learn the facts.

I'm not surprised

They do

Learn the facts.

The fact that you said it is ridiculous. Whether it's true is another story.

Who goes around blurting unsolicited gender-related statistics? I'll tell you who: someone who has a problem with women.

Actually it's well known that men are a higher risk to babies when they are very young (shaken baby syndrome etc) because they have more of the aggressive hormones as a gender, nature does try to ease this by decreasing the testosterone levels when a man becomes a father but lack of sleep does screw with hormones so can affect men a lot more than women.

There's a lot of issues with step fathers abusing children, a lot of it boils down to the in built genetic programming that in many species kill the young of an another father's offspring to propagate their own genetics instead.

so what ? bring data that contradicts his or criticize his data instead of of trying to delegitimize him with scary words, it's a cheap way out.

I did before in the previous thread I did again previously however (maybe because I am a female?) he just completely knocks them without reading them or seeing that is its valid.

yeah, im not saying he did good in that department, he did ignore what chen, encey (i think) and i said regarding the "wage gap is a myth" article. just trying to raise the standards of argument a bit..

Actually it's well known that men are a higher risk to babies when they are very young (shaken baby syndrome etc) because they have more of the aggressive hormones as a gender, nature does try to ease this by decreasing the testosterone levels when a man becomes a father but lack of sleep does screw with hormones so can affect men a lot more than women.

There's a lot of issues with step fathers abusing children, a lot of it boils down to the in built genetic programming that in many species kill the young of an another father's offspring to propagate their own genetics instead.

so what ? bring data that contradicts his or criticize his data instead of of trying to delegitimize him with scary words, it's a cheap way out.

I did before in the previous thread I did again previously however (maybe because I am a female?) he just completely knocks them without reading them or seeing that is its valid.

No you didn't

You brought in more invalid statistics that didn't take into account working hours or overtime, or job choices

And whether something is "well known" is completely irrelevant. Many "well known" statistics are blatantly false, like the 70 cents on a dollar statistic and the "1 in 3" women have been raped statistic.

I'm not surprised

They do

Learn the facts.

The fact that you said it is ridiculous. Whether it's true is another story.

Who goes around blurting unsolicited gender-related statistics? I'll tell you who: someone who has a problem with women.

Lol i only said it because I knew you people would read it then come back to this thread and attack me for it I was trying to prove a point. That you don't care about the facts you only care about individual peoples' positions and how to attack them for it rather than the position itself

Yeah you didn't prove any points.

This really just feelings like debating with mother over whether she's psychic or not. I gave up trying because it was obvious neither side would budge.

Well here's some research about SBS:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/478153_3

Males, especially biological fathers, mothers' boyfriends, and stepfathers are the most frequent perpetrators (Fig 6B).[2,4,6] Other perpetrators include biological mothers, live-in boyfriends, babysitters or non-relative caregivers, stepparents, grandparents, and other relatives (Fig 6C).[2,4,6,25,27,30]Although there is no perfect description of potential SBS perpetrators, common personality characteristics have been identified ( Table 2 ).[2,4,6,25,27,30]

Im not saying woman dont abuse children, of course not but the risks are HIGHER for a man to do it.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/95/2/259.short

Male perpetrators outnumbered females 2.2:1, with fathers, step-fathers, and mothers' boyfriends committing over 60% of the crimes. Fathers accounted for 37% of the abusers, followed by boyfriends at 20.5%. Female baby-sitters, at 17.3%, were a large, previously unrecognized group of perpetrators. Mothers were responsible for only 12.6% of our cases.

If more men have been raped than women then surely there would be men in this forum (this is a highly male populated forum) that have had some experience of sexual abuse. I think we should do our own study and call a poll (which we can surely make private?)

I don't think that a poll of WATMM would accurately represent the occurrence of rape perpetrated against males.

True: shut-ins rarely have the opportunity to be raped.

I don't think that a poll of WATMM would accurately represent the occurrence of rape perpetrated against males.

lol.

The issue is, I have had forms of sexual assault so I was trying to see if Zeffolia really was right.

Also, shut-ins who live in first world countries, have average or better economic status, haven't been sentenced to hard time, are autistic, and highly interested to obsessed with electronic music and geeky culture.

I mean the aspie spectrum test alone proved that the rape incidence poll would be more appropriately a polling of sexual abuse among the mentally handicapped.

Also, shut-ins who live in first world countries, have average or better economic status, haven't been sentenced to hard time, are autistic, and highly interested to obsessed with electronic music and geeky culture.

I mean the aspie spectrum test alone proved that the rape incidence poll would be more appropriately a polling of sexual abuse among the mentally handicapped.

FLOL - WATMM - home of the mentally handicapped reclusive music geek.

Well here's some research about SBS:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/478153_3

Males, especially biological fathers, mothers' boyfriends, and stepfathers are the most frequent perpetrators (Fig 6B).[2,4,6] Other perpetrators include biological mothers, live-in boyfriends, babysitters or non-relative caregivers, stepparents, grandparents, and other relatives (Fig 6C).[2,4,6,25,27,30]Although there is no perfect description of potential SBS perpetrators, common personality characteristics have been identified ( Table 2 ).[2,4,6,25,27,30]

Im not saying woman dont abuse children, of course not but the risks are HIGHER for a man to do it.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/95/2/259.short

Male perpetrators outnumbered females 2.2:1, with fathers, step-fathers, and mothers' boyfriends committing over 60% of the crimes. Fathers accounted for 37% of the abusers, followed by boyfriends at 20.5%. Female baby-sitters, at 17.3%, were a large, previously unrecognized group of perpetrators. Mothers were responsible for only 12.6% of our cases.

Caretakers were classified by level of certainty: confession to the crime, legal actions taken, or strong suspicion by the staff. The relationship of abusers to victims was analyzed.

Biased study in favor of males perpetrating - mothers are often given the benefit of the doubt and cases of mothers perpetrating are often not prosecuted or blamed on a male

Archived