IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest - Live Album Transmission - June 3rd

lawrenke

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's a riddle why bleep isn't releasing the digital files. a good (enough) web rip is circulating, those who don't wanna buy the album are probably

satisfied with this.

the hype is over now! release it!

The rip from the japanese cd's online too... I'm guessing the stream was the counter to the early Japan release, but I mean I'm mystified as to why they aren't just putting it out...

Amazing how well it works together as a complete album, huh?

It's gonna be a painful 7 days to wait until the downloads are available...

And just so it's out there, PLEASE do not post any links to download the live stream unless it's a sanctioned link (aka WARP or BOC). Thanks.

Wait, I thought the assumption was that it would be available sometime sooner for those who preordered. Is that not reasonable to expect anymore?

That was my hope too, but the Bleep page clearly states the downloads will be available 06/10, but also available in all three formats (MP3, WAV and FLAC).

Isn't that pretty standard, since that's the official release date? I don't think they would change that text on the site unless/until a special announcement is made. Each time they've announced early downloads, in my experience, it was essentially a surprise, no?

Anyway, really want to be able to download this as I arrived late to the stream so I didn't listen to more than a couple of 2-second snippets. Didn't want to spoil anything without hearing it from the beginning.

Well, prior to the live stream, there were no release dates on the MP3/WAV/FLAC (as far as I know).

And, since nobody apparently reads the announcements at the top of the forum - DO NOT ask for PM info on how to get the album rip or stream rip or whatever - I've already warned plenty of people (and people who know damn better). If you absolutely cannot wait, find out yourself - personally I think you'll be better off waiting for the high quality files from Bleep than some stream, etc. We've waited 8 years - what's a few more days?

We've waited 8 years - what's a few more days?

EXACTLY. As much as I want them to release the digital files, I'm not going to listen to some stream rip in the meantime.

Guest disoriental express

Tomorrow's Harvest blows everything they've done before out of the water. Their potential, it has been reached.

Note taken. But kind of hard to expect people not to want to hear more. I don't know why they wouldn't give us mp3's a few days early.

Tomorrow's Harvest blows everything they've done before out of the water. Their potential, it has been reached.

i can relate to your enthusiasm regarding the new record, it is very special, but better then geogaddi?

i can relate to your enthusiasm regarding the new record, it is very special, but better then geogaddi?

You all are always talking about better , but what if they are equal ?

Its like having a white and a black t shirt, you love both colours but it depends on the day which one you wear.

i agree, however sometimes i can't help but choose favourites or maybe they are chosen for me? it is something that just happens. taste changes tho, favourites are always vulnerable

Guest disoriental express

For me at least, there's no question. I love Geogaddi, but this thing is something else entirely.... The overall feeling and mood of it is so much deeper and resonant for me. Instead of being in happy-go-lucky adventure mode, it's much more serious and focused. The frivolity has been replaced with wisdom. The sun has finally set in their music and i'm fucking psyched about it.

Listening again this morning, this is an entirely different BOC than Geogaddi era. That was dark and in your face while this is subdued, somewhat lo-fi, restrained. The last couple minutes of Jacquard Causeway are sublime. This is like The Campfire Headphase evil twin

Guest Iain C

Its like having a white and a black t shirt, you love both colours but it depends on the day which one you wear.

Um, no. You never wear a black t-shirt, you always wear a white t-shirt. It's that simple.

Edit: just have to point out again how deeply, deeply wrong you are. "black t-shirt". fucking lol.

Listening again this morning, this is an entirely different BOC than Geogaddi era. That was dark and in your face while this is subdued, somewhat lo-fi, restrained. The last couple minutes of Jacquard Causeway are sublime. This is like The Campfire Headphase evil twin

It's a new era for BoC, that's for sure. Fucking love this sound.

I'm not hearing any stream leaks. Bleep must release those mp3's if not today, then the 10th, whatever.

Um, no. You never wear a black t-shirt, you always wear a white t-shirt. It's that simple.

Edit: just have to point out again how deeply, deeply wrong you are. "black t-shirt". fucking lol.

*Nervously untucks black t-shirt from belt, adjusts fedora*

Guest Iain C

Contexts in which it's OK to wear a black t-shirt:

Protest

Heavy metal concert

...and that's it.

For me at least, there's no question. I love Geogaddi, but this thing is something else entirely.... The overall feeling and mood of it is so much deeper and resonant for me. Instead of being in happy-go-lucky adventure mode, it's much more serious and focused. The frivolity has been replaced with wisdom. The sun has finally set in their music and i'm fucking psyched about it.

I was coming the the same conclusion - Geogaddi had very dark moments, but more like quick ventures into esoteric realms or occult sensibilities. But Tomorrow's Harvest has a greater darkness and dread buried in it. It's far more epic, like it's about life and death in general, whereas Geogaddi felt like a shorter but eventful journey. Tomorrow's Harvest is more akin to say, a dystopian or sci-fi film with a unresolved ending but a hopeful exit nonetheless. Geogaddi is more like a quest with a bunch of crazy twists and turns but a definite conclusion at the end. I'm talking out of my ass clearly, comparing LPs to literal narratives, but that's my feeling so whatevs.

I wouldn't say lo-fi, it's anything but actually...I think you're right otherwise. It's a lot more subtle for sure though - it sounds simple and straightforward in a deceiving way, my first impression was that it's actually the most layered and complex album so far.

To me it's them succeeding in evolving their sound, whereas Campfire Headphase backfired. They tried to avoid re-hashing their sound, but with Campfire their unique appeal aesthetically was stripped too much, it became too lo-key and clean: "Dayvan Cowboy" upon first listen sounded like a track off a lounge or downtempo compilation. I feel that's why artists like Tycho and Bibio suddenly seemed like their peers to many casual listeners. Here I think they've returned to their core ethos without simply repeating their exact same sound. Maybe that's why it took so long. It paid off.

listened to a recording of the live transmission. kind of aghast at how many fade outs there are on these tracks. also, a few of the tracks begin to fade out just as they've gotten interesting.

This.

I've started the grieving process, and it's no fun at all. Loved it at the first listen, but I fear that this is the end for me.

I'll keep listening to it because I've got nothing better to do, but I don't think it'll rise to album of the year for me, I'll be eating humble pie if somehow after repeated listens, it suddenly surges to give Exai a run for the money. Not that I take seriously comparing the two, but I was excited at two of the greats "battling it out" this year. So far no contest.

Archived