IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest - Live Album Transmission - June 3rd

lawrenke

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you guys like this album more than Music Has the Right to Children and Geogaddi? I really cant wrap my mind around that

Need at least a year to determine that. It's not out of the question though.

That sort of upbeat track with the piano loop and the indistinguishable voices during the second half of the album was a real highlight for me. Cold Earth was awesome too. Overall I think the sound of this album is great but I do agree it has a more digital, kinda VST feel to it which is unlike BOC but whatever, I'm pumped either way

How can you guys like this album more than Music Has the Right to Children and Geogaddi? I really cant wrap my mind around that

Music is subjective, who would have thought that?

It sounds a bit different to their other ones to me, I deffo like the darker feel, I'm someone who didn't even like boc before, so it must be different in some significant way for me to be desperate to hear it again.

my thought's from the twoism thread, in consecutive order:

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEEE

cold earth is mixed so freaking well. so organic sounding, as someone has said

hendrix? i hear a wahwah

wow! transmissiones sounds like a remix of P.C. at the end there

twoism collapsed as a precursor to collapse... perfect!

palace posy is so tasty. that BOOM. they are masters of electronic music. holy shit

memories of the future...

BIRDIES

sundown is like watching a surrealist painting of the universe dying... wow

New Seeds will take to grow on me, it seems...

never mind the second half kicked in.

hey, we know that jingle from Record Store Day...

plucking's all the craze these daze

you should just be able to post the number 9 on these boards, but it says i need to type more....

yeah, the last 3-4 tracks are gonna take some time to grow on me, it seems. i mean, i can perceive the scope of their depth, but haven't yet endeavored deep enough. i feel like i'm standing on the edge of a stormy abyss preparing myself for the dive...

a tense time indeed

Guest Papillon

It sounds a bit different to their other ones to me, I deffo like the darker feel, I'm someone who didn't even like boc before, so it must be different in some significant way for me to be desperate to hear it again.

Yes different for sure.. but it had to be didn't it. I love all of thier records but would have been very disappointed if it was just like the last album. This is much more cinematic to me, like it could be a film score. Nevertheless even on a single listen I can't imagine this not being a record that I'll go back to many many times. It's timeless..

Guest tht tne

That sort of upbeat track with the piano loop and the indistinguishable voices during the second half of the album was a real highlight for me. Cold Earth was awesome too. Overall I think the sound of this album is great but I do agree it has a more digital, kinda VST feel to it which is unlike BOC but whatever, I'm pumped either way

i absolutely hated that aspect, autechre does the same thing and it gets on my tits

Guest Mirezzi

For me, it's pretty easy. I liked *tracks* from MHTRTC and maybe two tracks from Geogaddi. I didn't have a single "meh" moment while listening to Tomorrow's Harvest. Was I just caught off guard? I guess it's possible, but music really isn't like that for me. Geogaddi, no matter how many times people tried to convince me otherwise, failed to grow on me. I was just bored by it.

I got goosebumps, chills, and boners several times listening to Tomorrow's Harvest with you guys. It was pretty damned stunning. I felt like I had watched a great film.

I had my eyes shut tight the whole time.

Ugh, Jesus H Cringe

Nice album and look forward to hearing it again but not quite as awe inspiringly incredible as some of the comments would lead you to believe.. I found Exai more instantaneous

gemini, White Cyclosa, Jacquard Causeway and the thing one/two/three tracks later were stunning, the outro was also great. there was another track with ringmodulated vocals, that was also nice. the flute-like mhtrtc'ish track was also neat. but the rest was soooo pre-setty and randomly shallow.

This is a pretty sad album.

agreed. This is weird but it made me think of the ghouls from fallout; the connection being this emotion of having irreparable damage done but still existing nevertheless. Immensely tragic, vindictive vengeance. Not evil, evil is too easy. Despondent.

Guest Starblazer

i absolutely hated that aspect, autechre does the same thing and it gets on my tits

Um... have you ever listened to any BoC lol.

Ugh, Jesus H Cringe

Whatwhat is there to look at? What is wrong with devoting your whole undivided attention to a cohesive work of art. I like to focus on the pure sound without distraction.

Ya and im trying to understand you're position. There is never a completely factual opinion

I didn`t think it was a particularily dark album, am I the only one?

I was surprised by how it wasn't as bleak as I expected. It was shimmering and colorful at times.

Ugh, Jesus H Cringe

Whatwhat is there to look at? What is wrong with devoting your whole undivided attention to a cohesive work of art. I like to focus on the pure sound without distraction.

But brah music isn't the same without a instragrammed tumblr pic of some half-naked indie chick in 1080p

Ugh, Jesus H Cringe

You were concentrating too hard. Just go about your daily business with light and the music will seep through better. I hate hearing about people listening to music with their eyes shut. It's so false.

Guest tht tne

Um... have you ever listened to any BoC lol.

it was the tone of the voices, which previously had been innocent and childlike in earlier boc, which on th sounds sociopathic

Ugh, Jesus H Cringe

You were concentrating too hard. Just go about your daily business with light and the music will seep through better. I hate hearing about people listening to music with their eyes shut. It's so false.

The internet is proof that people can get mad at even the most trivial things

Archived