oh wow, maybe it's just me, but this doesn't sound good. and i'm one of those people that really enjoyed crazy clown time, but this i'm not excited about. i really miss the stuff he did with john neff like blue bob.

oh, and the movie he's working on is a documentary about the maharishi mahesh yogi. he's been at it for some time too but he said he's taking his time because it's a personal and very important project for him.

There was an alarming article on a Belgian news website about a cult that was trying to infiltrate our education system, going to schools with promises of a "scientific way" to relieve stress among students. But it turns out it's a bunch of bullshit without any real scientific basis. What the stress relieving technique is, will only be explained if you pay €1200 for the course. They are classified here as a dangerous and harmful cult. Apparently, this cult is called the Maharishi Movement, and the technique is called Transcendental Meditation :emotawesomepm9:

I'm starting to resent Lynch's promotion for this shit more and more. Sure, it may have helped him. He even said that he got the idea for Mulholland Drive during a meditation session. Great. Whatever. But I wish he didn't promote it, kept it more for himself. I'm just glad he he has the decency to not allude to it in his movies.

Enough rant, more on topic.

It is known that he has been working on the documentary for a while, but the reason most people assumed it was his new film project was this:

In November 2012, Lynch hinted at plans for a new film while attending Plus Camerimage in Bydgoszcz, Poland. Speaking at the festival, Lynch said "something is coming up. It will happen but I don't know exactly when."[100] At Plus Camerimage, Lynch was also presented with a lifetime achievement award and the key to the city by Bydgoszcz's mayorRafał Bruski.[101] During an interview with the Los Angeles Times in January 2013, frequent Lynch collaborator Laura Dern confirmed she and Lynch are planning a new project,[102][103] and The New York Times later revealed Lynch is working on the script.[104]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_lynch#Internet_work_and_Inland_Empire:_2002.E2.80.93present

I assume that "the script" doesn't refer to a documentary? In one of those source links, the interviewer said he heard from one of Lynch's co-workers that there were ideas for a new film, which took Lynch by surprise as he said "seems someone can't keep his mouth shut". What I'm thinking is this: there's something brewing, but he doesn't want to stir up too much of attention and speculation, so he keeps very low with the info, even going to the point of saying "there's nothing going on", so that he will be left in piece. To work on the movie. And the docmentary is just a thing on the side. And not the new project. Right. Right....?

I copy-pasted text from NY Times interview on page 1. He is working on a script which has no connection to TM or Maharishi.

I missed that... I was typing for a bit on my post.

Sorry

stock-photo-inscription-i-m-sorry-with-g

1844467_stock-photo-sad-eyes-of-a-black-

• 3 weeks later...

I assume that "the script" doesn't refer to a documentary? In one of those source links, the interviewer said he heard from one of Lynch's co-workers that there were ideas for a new film, which took Lynch by surprise as he said "seems someone can't keep his mouth shut". What I'm thinking is this: there's something brewing, but he doesn't want to stir up too much of attention and speculation, so he keeps very low with the info, even going to the point of saying "there's nothing going on", so that he will be left in piece. To work on the movie. And the docmentary is just a thing on the side. And not the new project. Right. Right....?

trust me- i'd love to see another movie from lynch- especially more in the vein of inland empire.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived