IGNORED

So which watmmer's still dislike TCH?

beerwolf

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This album isn't very memorable to me yet. It's good but it just doesn't resonate. Nothing's given me goosebumps while listening. Tracks 2 and 13 are my favorites so far. The rest hasn't really left an impression, even after dozens of listens. There's things I'll hear, and dig them at that moment. But once the moment has gone I quickly forget about it. See even with track 13 I can't remember how it goes in my head. I just know that I tend to repeat that track the most on the album. :/

I'm thinking that's because of hype. While I didn't really follow the band as obsessively as Twoism might have. I was still hyped for it. That can always lead to unrealistically high expectations.

• 1 month later...

More than happy to award this album a big fat ten out of ten. I think it will end up in my favorite albums of all time, simply because its brilliant from beginning to end.

BoC still rule in 2013. Hah who would of thought it? Nice work.

Now its Richards turn. If he's up for the job.....

Guest Papillon

More than happy to award this album a big fat ten out of ten. I think it will end up in my favorite albums of all time, simply because its brilliant from beginning to end.

BoC still rule in 2013. Hah who would of thought it? Nice work.

Now its Richards turn. If he's up for the job.....

Agreed with the ten out of ten.

I've listen to this so many times. I really think its one of their best albums. The band mentioned a few times in recent interviews that they were influenced by dystopian film soundtracks, I recall they even mentioned a few soundtrack producers. In that context I think the album is incredibly successful.

As far as I know this album is the only album that the band has spoken about at length in terms of the influences, and context that the album was made. I'm not sure what to make of that but I assumed that they wanted to prepare their fans a bit. I have a vague memory of something the band said in an interview that left me with the impression that they were very sensitive to how fans would recieve their new music.

There are a few tracks on that random 35 track tape that I personally enjoy as much as the tracks on the new album. I don't know what to think about that though since those tracks are thought to be very old.

I hope that BOC will just continue to produce music, and share those old tracks that many fans would love to hear. Also maybe it'd be better if they don't frame the next album in such a specific way, just have faith in their work.

I'm not sure if I actually contributed anything new here but this is just an opinion forum after all

I love it. I can understand it being divisive though. It really narrows in on one particular sound, and if you don't like that aesthetic you're pretty screwed. Luckily for me it gels really well! Bleak cinematic desert music is just my kind of thing.

I listened to this walking to work in the dark morning & cold fall/early winter-winds today and it finally clicked. I think this will work well in the dark winter days ahead. They just released it at the wrong time of the year. It's not a summer album. morons. take your bleached desert pics and stuff em.

I love it. I can understand it being divisive though. It really narrows in on one particular sound, and if you don't like that aesthetic you're pretty screwed.

wise words

I love every single second of this album. Except Telepath, and I couldn't even say why. I skip it nearly every time I listen to the album (On CD at least). It just seems...so...fake? I dunno. It's like BoC mocking their Geogaddi-era selves. But I dunno, might just be me.

Other than that the album is a masterpiece. Nothing is Real could be the best thing they've ever written, honestly.

Still scared to listen to this album. I decided it was a winter album, after having so many mixed feelings about it when it finally came out. Then, last week, I was in my car driving, and the track "Cold Earth" came on in a compilation cd I forgot I made for drives a while back. Sounded incredible that day, but I'm still waiting for two things. 1. I need the effect of that over hyped promotion to wear off my psyche, and 2, I need some Autumn/Winter weather. Hoping to enjoy this album more in a month or so.

Still scared to listen to this album. I decided it was a winter album, after having so many mixed feelings about it when it finally came out. Then, last week, I was in my car driving, and the track "Cold Earth" came on in a compilation cd I forgot I made for drives a while back. Sounded incredible that day, but I'm still waiting for two things. 1. I need the effect of that over hyped promotion to wear off my psyche, and 2, I need some Autumn/Winter weather. Hoping to enjoy this album more in a month or so.

are you joking?

this is watmm and I can never quite tell....

are you joking?

Which part?

are you joking?

Which part?

no matter, forget about it.

its a great album, hope you enjoy...

are you joking?

Which part?

no matter, forget about it.

its a great album, hope you enjoy...

I'm fairly certain I will.

I never really understood assigning seasons to albums. The music I like, I like all year.

Plus sometimes I like to listen to the opposite of what it feels like outside. Like listening to Substrata in blistering summer heat.

it's samey for me.

nothing great, nothing bad, I happen to have different tastes in things now and the boys haven't really hit my audio-zone since Geogaddi.

oh well

edit: just to elaborate, I listened a few more times through since last I posted. There are still some high notes, but the "magic" just doesn't seem like it's there. and I don't wanna hear shit about me jumping on a fashionable Boc hate bandwagon, if that's true then Ive been on that bandwagon for about ten years now.

• 2 weeks later...

winter album. no doubt in my mind.

Yep. It's over. I really wish they had never made this album.

wigger.jpg

I think the album is not as innovative as any of their older stuff, but it has some really nice tunes and I feel like it tells an entirely unique story opposed to most of other albums which seemed to be centered around the same topic... whatever that might be. I hope this makes sense.

I like it a lot better than Campfire Head-phase and even better than Geogaddi (I still don't know why I don't like that album except for 2 tracks)

I really don't understand why anyone would think TH it's bad, maybe not as interesting, but not bad.

I never really understood assigning seasons to albums. The music I like, I like all year.

Plus sometimes I like to listen to the opposite of what it feels like outside. Like listening to Substrata in blistering summer heat.

There are a few exceptions for me, and a night versus daytime dynamic too (like Interpol at night). Lot of it is stepped in memory association. And sometimes there's that escapism aspect (like listening to exotica or surf rock during winter).

Archived