IGNORED

So which watmmer's still dislike TCH?

beerwolf

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was great to hear a new album when it first came out, but it had a short "shelf life" for me personally. There are only 3 tracks that I find myself listening to much these days. Not a bad album, but far from their best.

• 3 weeks later...

man, listening to Campfire Headphase again just puts the nail in the coffin of TH for me. The difference in depth and replayability is pretty striking imo.

I view this whole thing as like a case study in music journalism, hype, and the internet hive mind. It's real, and it's scary shit man!

I don't get the hate for this album... It was very theatrical and evoked quite a lot of imagery for me.

There are a lot of highlights on here. Unlike previous BoC albums I feel this was fully intended to be listened to as an album, beginning to end. Each of the tracks on their own... well, some are great but without the other tracks for context they don't stand up as well.

All in all I still hold that this is one of their best expositions to date.

Well, there's no shortage of music that sounds very similar to BoC, pays homage to them or has this 80's retro feel, and this album just gives us more of that but it's too plain to stand out of the crowd. Like a rapper being completely outshined by his guest MCs or something.

I dunno I just keep coming up with more ways to say the same thing.

really like the "old tunes" +late 80,s/early 90,s vibe of some of these new tracks,eg: palace posy/new seeds/telepath,also reach for the dead really reminds me of music is math with its pace and build up,and jacquard causeway sounds like a live track,like an improvised mash up of all the little melodic interludes at the end of previous tracks from down the years,similar style to the julie and candy live version

Guest Dogboy73

Loved TH pretty much from the off. Still love it. Their best work for me. But maybe that's because I played the first 2 albums so much I've pretty much worn them out!! I loved TCH as well & that didn't get too much love. I guess for many the dizzying heights of the first album & maybe to a lesser (or greater?!) extent the second will be hard for BoC to reach. But I think that's why I love TH so much. It doesn't sound like they are trying to top their previous work. TH sounds to me like BoC just doing their thing. It's beautifully understated, deceptively simple, subtlety evocative & very moving. It simply is Boards of Canada doing Boards of Canada. I think TCH sounded a little like Boards of Canada trying to do something else. Maybe that's why it failed in the eyes of a lot of fans. Not so with TH though. Not for me at least ;-)

Their best work for me.

Can't understand this.

I like TH, but the notion that people rank it higher than MHTRTC or Geogaddi is just baffling. I could maybe see TH and TCH being ranked close... But still, no idea how anyone could listen to Music Is Math, and somehow think anything on TH is on par

man, listening to Campfire Headphase again just puts the nail in the coffin of TH for me. The difference in depth and replayability is pretty striking imo.

lol interesting you see it that way....even though im not a huge fan of TH, TCH is fucking horrible and irredeemable in my eyes.

Stop all of you. If you REALLY can't enjoy Tomorrow's Harvest unabashedly and without thinking about it, then you need to realize that it is YOUR FAULT that you're depressed, and you need to start considering what the next steps will look like. I can tell you one thing, it isn't a bottle of Abilify or Zoloft.

And seriously, what is it you are listening to that is a better artistic statement. You haven't said it elsewhere. You have not. You don't know. You are going to have a hard time thinking of your TOP 5 favorite albums and WHY in a paragraph each. You are refusing to type the information I've just requested because you don't know what it is. You cannot write a single genuine music related paragraph that isn't about smoking weed/taking pills.

When you go to sleep tonight, turn your pillow over to the cold side and think about how you haven't enjoyed music in years. Say what you will about being outside of the hype. You don't buy the hype because you don't have anything to purchase it with. The internet has taken everything you have.

Delete your computer before it's too late. It will be the hardest thing you ever do.

lol interesting you see it that way....even though im not a huge fan of TH, TCH is fucking horrible and irredeemable in my eyes.

well that's because you're a miserable cn*t

but srsly, why no love for TCH?

Except for the precious fadeout trick on the last track, I think the rest of it is gold (okay, I flipflop on Hey Saturday Sun, sometimes I think it's a nice breather, other times I think it's really cheesy new age). Also it's a very "listenable" album, the textures and detail really invite repeated listens imo.

Stop all of you. If you REALLY can't enjoy Tomorrow's Harvest unabashedly and without thinking about it, then you need to realize that it is YOUR FAULT that you're depressed, and you need to start considering what the next steps will look like. I can tell you one thing, it isn't a bottle of Abilify or Zoloft.

And seriously, what is it you are listening to that is a better artistic statement. You haven't said it elsewhere. You have not. You don't know. You are going to have a hard time thinking of your TOP 5 favorite albums and WHY in a paragraph each. You are refusing to type the information I've just requested because you don't know what it is. You cannot write a single genuine music related paragraph that isn't about smoking weed/taking pills.

When you go to sleep tonight, turn your pillow over to the cold side and think about how you haven't enjoyed music in years. Say what you will about being outside of the hype. You don't buy the hype because you don't have anything to purchase it with. The internet has taken everything you have.

Delete your computer before it's too late. It will be the hardest thing you ever do.

haha, if you're serious this is awesome.

Exai was great this year, the follow up ep was pretty good too.

Prior to that last electronic album I really liked was Trademark Ribbons of Gold. Oh, and some Shackelton that I'm blanking on the name of.

Last night I went on a Cure binge, taking me all the way back to high-school. Reminded me what a fantastic album Disintegration is, and also how good the band are live.

Still enjoying music. TH is still meh.

Archived