IGNORED

Working for Rephlex

Guest skibby

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Richard unexpectedly show up at the disparate Rephlex Branches and give motivational speeches to the staff akin to the following?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZg_ALxEz0

Richard: "Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what, you're talking about... *puts out cigarette* bitching about that mix you shot, some drum track doesn't sound right, some promoter's being an asshole, some hot interviewer you're trying to screw and so forth. Let's talk about something important. Are they all here?"

Grant: "All but one."

Richard: "Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important. Put that coffee down! Coffee's for IDM producers. You think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from Cornwall. I'm here from Rephlex head office. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's Monolith?"

Dave: "Yeah."

Richard: "You call yourself a musician, you son of a bitch?"

Wisp: "I don't have to listen to this shit."

Richard: "You certainly don't pal, cos the good news is you're dropped! The bad news is you've got, all you got, just one week to finish your tracks, starting tonight. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. Cos we're adding a little something to this month's release contest. As you all know, first prize is a mint GX1. Anyone wanna see second prize? *lifts up a garishly-coloured plastic box* Second prize is a set of Beats headphones. *drops box unceremoniously* Third prize is you're dropped. You get the picture? You laughing now? You got studio time with me. Rephlex paid good money. Get those tracks written! You can't use my tutorials on sequencing breaks, you can't write shit, you are shit, hit the bricks pal and beat it cos you are going out!"

Dave: "The tutorial was irrelevant, I'm getting into ambient music."

Richard: "'The tutorial was irrelevant.' The fucking tutorial was irrelevant? You're irrelevant. I've been in this business 25 years. I fucking wrote SAW2."

Steinvord: "What's your name?"

Richard: "Fuck you, that's my name! You know why, mister? Cos you rode the chunnel to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar armoured scout car. That's my name! And your name is 'you're wanting'. And you can't play in a man's game. You can't write tracks. And you go home and tell your cat your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life! Get them to buy your albums on the Rephlex website! You hear me, you fucking faggots?!"

Congratulations on making me laugh! Haha!

Guest jasondonervan

"I-D-M. I: intelligent, D: dance, M: music. Intelligent dance music. Intelligent... dance music."

7tf4P5v.jpg

usagi for vice prez at Rephlex Towers

I'm away from Photoshop (withdrawal shakes) but if it were nearby, I'd be changing the right-hand side of the board to read:

A Attention

D Deficit

D Disorder

Guest jasondonervan

site banner pls

jory pls

And for that, down the right:

W

A

T

M

M

Which font did you use for the chalk, btw?

Guest jasondonervan

Photoshopping senses tingling

Inspired by Usagi's fine work, I might have a few beauties for watmm review later

DAMMIT, WHY ISN'T THERE A PHOTOSHOPS ON MY PHONE

Guest skibby

i am starting to get the impression that some of you are misunderstanding: this is not an official rephlex thread, and nothing said in this thread should be taken concurrently with any medication of any sort, without a prescription from a licensed medical professional. this thread, nor anything in it should be considered medical advice, and in case you are feeling uneasy, please contact your doctor before you act on any information gleaned from entertainment material from rephlex or from disparate sources/entities such as found in or on account of this thread or this or any other forum on the internet.

Guest Rulohead32

I have a metallic taste in my mouth after sucking pennies.

Am I dying?

I totally misread that.

oh wait me too wtf

Archived