IGNORED

rob brown talks about exai

Franciscus

“I guess we have to trust our instincts that we enjoy this and some other people will too. A lot of people do talk our language – not that many – but just enough perhaps to make it worthwhile and to make enough people feel good, because that’s all we want. I’m not saying like we’re Groove Armada or anything like that, but if something happens in a track that we like, we want other people to like that bit as well. Not just in general, ‘oh I like Autechre, generally’ it’s like, if I see some post like ‘that bit at 5.06 just kills me’ that’s where it’s at for me.”

right here:

http://www.factmag.com/2013/10/25/all-our-albums-have-divided-people-autechres-rob-brown-on-their-legacy-file-sharing-and-why-rap-is-like-tequila/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's latent wisdom hidden in his words. You can encounter it using http://ackuna.com/badtranslator

Original text:

"Im not saying like were Groove Armada or anything like that, but if something happens in a track that we like, we want other people to like that bit as well. "

...35 translations later, Bing gives us:

"If you use the music without roads. I think you'll find something."

:wtf:

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

There's latent wisdom hidden in his words. You can encounter it using http://ackuna.com/badtranslator

Original text:

"Im not saying like were Groove Armada or anything like that, but if something happens in a track that we like, we want other people to like that bit as well. "

...35 translations later, Bing gives us:

"If you use the music without roads. I think you'll find something."

:wtf:

"If you want to buy a horse, I love music."

also fantastic interview

I'd like to buy Rob a beer.

Rob next time you come to London get Sean to drop me a PM and there's a beer in it for you. I won't even make you talk to me.

Or if you don't drink I'll buy you a pepsi (not coke)

Guest jasondonervan

"I saw Autechre for the first time back in 2000 when they performed at Warp’s 20th anniversary party in London"

52417-Godfather-confused-gif-3Bw2.gif

I have admit I'm not particularly big fan of Exai, but I appreciate the experimentation. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (for me).

It's interesting to see when people make top lists of ae albums, I don't know any other musicians where the opinions are so divided,

Guest jasondonervan

Autechre - most down to earth electronic music artists around!

Too right. Really nice interview, I could have read another 4(0) pages' worth :ok:

Not just in general, ‘oh I like Autechre, generally’ it’s like, if I see some post like ‘that bit at 5.06 just kills me’ that’s where it’s at for me.”

He might as well have said: "I lurk these bunch of forums to spot those 'that bit at...'"

Hi Rob!

I LIKE THAT BIT AT 5.06 IN THAT ONE TRACK AS WELL!

Sean, pls

Tbh though, I definitely enjoy this answer more than the hypothetical answer Grant gave in that recent interview about RDJ not releasing anything. x1000000000E12312123

Where are the Qs about the new UGens, max/msp on mavericks?

also iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii really doubt the interviewer reads watmm on a daily basis. pffffff! No mentions of stoya and flying dolphins?!

no comment on the newest watmm compilation either... my god! he sucks! FACT

“You kind of chill out a little bit if you know that something that resembles oblivion is available. You end up totally loosening up and doing stuff that you always used to do. Personally we might have stepped backwards a bit in terms of being young and open minded and optimistic and almost like inverse brand awareness. At the end of the day we both thought we were doing something pretty new and pretty good and fresh.”

Euhm, Oblivion the game? Are they gamerzz? WTB!?

Not just in general, ‘oh I like Autechre, generally’ it’s like, if I see some post like ‘that bit at 5.06 just kills me’ that’s where it’s at for me.”

He might as well have said: "I lurk these bunch of forums to spot those 'that bit at...'"

Hi Rob!

I LIKE THAT BIT AT 5.06 IN THAT ONE TRACK AS WELL!

Sean, pls

Tbh though, I definitely enjoy this answer more than the hypothetical answer Grant gave in that recent interview about RDJ not releasing anything. x1000000000E12312123

I laughed out loud at this quote, and I'm glad to hear this is their opinion. I don't know if it's a particularly unexpected opinion given the way they write music but I'm glad they appreciate me appreciating their little moments as much as I appreciate them.

“You kind of chill out a little bit if you know that something that resembles oblivion is available. You end up totally loosening up and doing stuff that you always used to do. Personally we might have stepped backwards a bit in terms of being young and open minded and optimistic and almost like inverse brand awareness. At the end of the day we both thought we were doing something pretty new and pretty good and fresh.”

Euhm, Oblivion the game? Are they gamerzz? WTB!?

This would be the third time the word Oblivion has been used to describe the sounds on Exai. Way to go WATMM we actually literally interpreted something correctly.

"I ask what he thinks about Hudson Mohawke working with Kanye West"

"You couldn’t have fantasized about a situation like that could you?"

Kanye-West-007.jpg

pliss god yesss, Yaezus album, make it happen

our Ensoniq [sampler] used to spaz out a bit, we used to sample stuff and I can’t remember what it was but if you pushed it in a certain direction all the samples in its memory would just splatter together and around and out and at high speed and it was really, really cool. It was like the most futuristic thing we could ever have imagined, and it used to do it as an accident, and if you knew where the accidents occurred you could sort of do it at will.

“‘Clipper’ [from 1995’s Tri Repetae] starts with one of those bits

Awesome! Always loved that sound in Clipper.

“Our first ever gigs at Miss Moneypenny’s [in Birmingham, England], Oscillate and stuff like that, they were live but it was just three tracks you know. We’d load up the sync code for every track

Am I dreaming, or am I seeing an Oscillik reference?

Archived