IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

Guest KunoMerit

How I imagine ae max sequencers :

4 "tracks" each programmed with a basic beat

sliders that then push beats near the "now" beat forward

sliders that adjust sample loop point and/or repeats

sliders adjusting wet/dry of delays and reverbs

buttons which add notes to the current note with-in certain guidelines.

Guest ZombieLincoln666

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

fucking lol

what even is this

the grammatical equivalent of echtogon-s

:trap:

I was really happy to see you give a shoutout to SoundEdit 16 a couple times and hear a couple tracks you've used it in -- what do you use now for similar editing purposes?

I'd ask for a recommendation for editing software, but I'm not necessarily interested in the "best" -- just something with a similar feel that doesn't require going back to OS9. SE16 was my favorite software years ago and I'm thinking of resurrecting an old OS9-era powerbook so that I can use it again.. I've never been happy with Audacity or other newer editors considered to be similar. Any recommendations?

usually i use digital performer but if its something really simple like trimming starts and ends i'll use wave editor

interesting, so you guys are still pretty die-hard about DP (digital performer)? I tried it a few times and never quite got into it but I know a few producers (one: bloodysnowman) who swears by it.

What specifically about digital Performer especially in the context of AE's music sets it apart from other serious daws like Logic, Cubase or Protools ?

they all have hard grids, i mean that u have to get around consciously. but DP was the first for us to have no safety net as such. or a net thats superfine res, that u can't see it, u get to go really close, and it frees u up to get what u want musically, as opposed to being forced into the more common contemporary structures. its more classical in a way. but if u need stuff to lock up, its possible. just not in yr face all the time with the confines of the fashionable lazy way. oh and they were first to go sample accurate with midi. and automation.

was it a conscious decision that M62 doesn't even reach above 4khz?

dope.

it does, his spectrum software has low res

its saws so it goes all the way up

heres all im getting

5bJhb.png

Lower than everything else on move of ten

Edited by Zeffolia

Guest lumakey

thanks again guys, its been special. here's something different just for whatthefucksies

looking forward to another webcast too. last one was a party all weekend, with the time diff working well in our favor.

play Denver sometime :) but if you don't I'll go wherever. best wishes

ok so
i'm gonna have to split
i just want to say cheers for asking so many mental questions
i hope some of our answers were illuminating or at least amusing
i really enjoyed it cos you asked us a lot of stuff that journos don't usually, i was hoping that would happen, watmm delivers
and thanks for supporting us
(really, i mean, well you know the score)
oh and to everyone who thanked us for doing this, YOU'RE WELCOME
cheers all and peace
bye wattumz
sean

Fantastic getting to chat with you two!

hey all yeah i should really bow out with my mAet.

fully fully appreciate all yr kind words and…. nice to be having two way realtime not just lists, or pieces taken out of us.. sorry for any q' not dealt with

(haha i don't want to see the first journo's face as they try to mine all this data u got this week).

jasondonervan, mbe slow don on the googledoc ! no not serious. but besides the point. just a massive thank u the WATMM, joyrex.

nice to meet u all too.

rB)