AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

i didn't catch his answer to the soundboard question

we were discussing this recently (milking it for all it's worth)

the main barrier is the sheer amount of it we would have to go through, it's a few months work i reckon, if it was going to be comprehensive (and that's hard cos the archive is WELL patchy)

and we were debating what we'd actually do with it as well

ie. whether it's better to stitch the best bits of different gigs together (like a lot of 70s/80s live albums did) or to release them slightly edited (george lucas), or to touch them up here and there sonically, or leave them totally untouched

it's our style to release them untouched really - but they would sound a bit weak if we left them 100% intact cos they were mixed for a live rig, and what sounds good mixed in a venue can sound terrible as a 2 track master played at home (a bit better really loud on cans but never quite right)

the fact that we would prob end up messing with the sound sets off my autism and makes me want to make other changes

i'd say that while he was still non committal in his response, this is a very hopeful statement. Just the fact that they've even discussed how to approach a project like this gets me all giddy

comin in drunk. this shit aint locked yet???

Just been drinkin' some Ommegang Adoration & some crazy shit Lithuanian Lager @ 12%. Before & after maybe. SHit looks like a chick on the label, but if you flip the bottle over it looks like :trollface:

shit. good. doges.

Ae still floatin artound? Meant to ask them, some good out of the way places to visit when I visit the UK.

Ah fuckin Red Wings...goddam overtime...

I am still a bunch a pages behind, just wanted to say thanks for the thread. One of the coolest things ever.

Talked PMA-5 briefly earlier, one popped up coincidentally on craigslist, so I bought it. Turns out the guy wanted to meet for the transaction right by the record store. So I stepped in and picked up Levent while I was there. A very ae day, love it.