IGNORED

Place to chat about AAA thread

lumpenprol

To everyone that had Ae name their gear:

you suck, that was my idea, you ruined it, the gesture is now officially worthless :rtfm:

I didn't realize you weren't the only one Limpy. It was bound to heppen tho I reckon.

Well I figure everyone who participates in da AAA gets their fair share of Ae love tho.

Read the whole thread and it took nearly three hours!

I appreciate Sean and Rob's transparency and commitment to their fans: it just goes to underscore the quality of their art that they don't need to hide behind mysterious or bombastic personas/gimmicks to maintain a fanbase. Major respect!

Word.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upset they didn't hate Anthony Fantano as much as I do

yeah they just seem to be down to earth guys, really

damn jerks, how dare they

pretty sure he just said "yes"

Oh, I beg to differ.

well he did say i was 'petty' but referring to awepittance, which is understandable because I am pretty harsh in general on watmm. I guess it weirded me out because if that's my reputation as far as he's concerned, Recordlabelrecords having any attachment to awepittance would not be viewed in a favorable light. I almost don't want to know what he said because I love Autechre too much to know if sean or rob thinks I'm an asshole or my music sucks based on my postings on this forum

pretty certain that was sarcasm. His earlier comment about me was in reference to the Hafler trio collaborations which I was admittedly pretty vitriolic about. I even went off on Andrew Mckenzie's reputation in the 'scene' as being an asshole just because. If you look back at those threads and the subsequent H30 podcast, they discussed that thread in the podcast.

I'm sure to those who don't know me I can come off as a huge twat,and I accept that

I think somewhere earlier in this thread it was you who expressed embarrassment about harsh critiques knowing now how often they read, well transpose that same mode of thought onto my posting style and shit talking

genuinely sorry Sean and Rob didn't mean to offend, just a very hardcore and sometimes retarded acting fan here eagerly awaiting each new AE release.

From Page 40:

Whisky: Maker's Mark is a classic American whisky, Jameson is a good Irish go-to.

What was the resonant structure referenced in Extended Ambience Sample from a Resonant Structure?

you really don't wanna know

On Discogs user 'steady-j' posted this a few years ago:

"There's an interesting story about Autechre's "Extended Ambience Sample From a Resonant Structure".

In the 90's there were a lot of fanatical collectors of the "IDM" sub-genre, as is often the case in electronic music. Fans who would hunt down obscure remixes, early demo tapes, and get excited at any new release regardless of its quality. Typical comments on the IDM mailing list at the time would be along the lines of "If some of these artitst made a recording of their farts the fans would still buy it". A little uncharitable perhaps but possibly true in some cases. And one act in particular who claimed not to understand why anyone else would like their music, and did not identify with this sort of fan, who also had a strong sense of irony, was Autechre.

Yes, the resonant structure in question is (allegedly) Sean or Rob's rectal sphincter!
"

I guess there could be truth to this!

pretty certain that was sarcasm.

Dude, I don't think so, search for "Awepittance" earlier in the thread, there was this exchange where Sean said you were "clearly a thoroughly nice chap"

Unless you still think that is sarcasm.

photo-thumb-17338.jpg?_r=1383400219 Posted by Sean Ae on Yesterday, 09:18 AM in Autechre Forum

SR4, on 03 Nov 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:snapback.png

wabby, on 03 Nov 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:snapback.png

What do you think about cheeky fans creating fake Autechre tracks in the lead up to an album release in order to fool leakers?

yeah what do you think of awepittance?

clearly a thoroughly nice chap

Funny you say that john. I was just thinking earlier of representation of people through their posts on here, and pondered about making a thread asking how people felt their posts represented them.

it's kind of shit because often my posts won't represent me, or they are transitory, and i resonated well with what sean said about opinions and perception changing over time and in different places and moods. that's basically how i feel. i also feel like it's kind of a risk to post something more personal online, to a crowd that one is not personal at all with. makes me question the purpose of doing so on a board at all.

after reading a bunch of your posts I have felt you can "be" arrogant, and maybe a bit fluctuating, but also many interesting observations and such. not a twat tho, just confusing, or at minimum a mystery of which one wants to find out more

realistically, why does any of this matter?

if anyone here was worried about how they come across from their posting, they would moderate their own posting.

I don't understand this validation thing, clearly.

Internets are serious bizness

pretty certain that was sarcasm.

Dude, I don't think so, search for "Awepittance" earlier in the thread, there was this exchange where Sean said you were "clearly a thoroughly nice chap"

Unless you still think that is sarcasm.

photo-thumb-17338.jpg?_r=1383400219 Posted by Sean Ae on Yesterday, 09:18 AM in Autechre Forum

SR4, on 03 Nov 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:snapback.png

wabby, on 03 Nov 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:snapback.png

What do you think about cheeky fans creating fake Autechre tracks in the lead up to an album release in order to fool leakers?

yeah what do you think of awepittance?

clearly a thoroughly nice chap

you didn't search far back enough where he made a joke about awepittance being petty before anyone said my name, and his followup to that comment was 'i was trying to be polite'. I'm totally not being paranoid in this case even though Im a pretty paranoid person. Sorry to bring any attention to this whatsoever

@oscillik well yea you're right. but i dont know anyone whos kind of in the mindset you can find on here, and my friends dont listen to music in general, so online is the only place, and online is limited as well, so. it matters less as i get older, but its nice to have someone one can talk random ideas with and they will actually get it and respond etc. its not that its soo important, its just the complexity of it all

@oscillik well yea you're right. but i dont know anyone whos kind of in the mindset you can find on here, and my friends dont listen to music in general, so online is the only place, and online is limited as well, so. it matters less as i get older, but its nice to have someone one can talk random ideas with and they will actually get it and respond etc. its not that its soo important, its just the complexity of it all

Wat...da...fuq. I don't care what genre it is. Not listening to music is UNACCEPTABLE :trashbear:

yeah but that's exactly my point - if I'm being a twat on here, and I'm worried about coming across as a twat on here, the solution is one of the following:

1. Stop being a twat (moderate my posting)

2. Stop giving a fuck

(please note, this is just speaking in generalities, not aimed at anyone in particular. in fact, if anyone, this is aimed right at me.)

(first post ever here)

This AAA thread is the reason why I signed up on WATMM. This is basically the coolest thread of every single music forum all over the Internet. So yeah, thanks to the users thanks to whom this happened, and of course, thanks a lot to æ, I've learned so many things.

(not sure if "thanks to whom" is correct in English, but whatever).

Guest pixelives

So anyone have any idea about this soundboard recording from Oct 98, NYC at the Other Music party? I've never heard of it nor known of its existence. But Sean says there is one floating around.

Is there any underlying or intended psycho-sexuality in your music? Have either of you had sex while listening to music you've made? How does it make you feel to know people are having really good sex to your music?

Aphex Twin put a lot of overt sexual references in his music including some pretty disturbing ones. Has it ever crossed your minds to dabble in this territory? I know one of you said the new OPn album was brilliant, did you see that really fucking weird video with all the anime girls urinating? Thoughts?

:unsure:

What is this?

Will you guys ever reach a state where you think "This is the final form of Autechre - this is what we were meant to create"

yes, but we love making music so hopefully that day wont come

Archived