IGNORED

Ben Frost - A U R O R A

Ivan Ooze

*Like sliding a razor blade down the sheath of your penis then dipping the glans in a syphilis ridden vagina* To be quoted on a a promo sticker for the album.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

hehehe I saw him live last year at Australian version of ATP festival.

It was pretty brilliant. me and friend were sitting at back of venue, lying against wall and feeling the music/vibration. it was fucking loud.

turns out everyone else was at Swans, who I still haven't heard properly (I was pretty bitter because out of ben frost and swans I chose ben frost, but a lot of other friends were like "OMG WHERE WERE YOU SWANS WERE AMAZING !!!!" kind of deal.)

soooo. I need to check out this new album.

I also need to check out the past 2 swans albums because everyone keeps telling me swans are amazing omg rararara!!!!!

Well, raise my rent! This has to be one of the few select albums that has managed to exceed my expectations. The pacing and structure of the album is fantastic. This scared the shit out of me at work today, I had to rip my ear phones out when I was caught napping.

• 1 month later...

This album is incredible. I find it hard to believe that this has no acoustic sampling involved if I'm remembering right. I need some more time to absorb this.

I've been listening to this one for a while now and I've got a bit of a problem that some of the frequencies I find pretty uncomfortable to listen to. stuff like the distortion on the high end of 'nolan' I have real problems with. I don't usually have difficulties listening to harsh music, but this one's beating me at the moment. Maybe I'll give it a spin at 33.

Guest bitroast

I've been listening to this one for a while now and I've got a bit of a problem that some of the frequencies I find pretty uncomfortable to listen to. stuff like the distortion on the high end of 'nolan' I have real problems with. I don't usually have difficulties listening to harsh music, but this one's beating me at the moment. Maybe I'll give it a spin at 33.

ha. yeah. a friend told me they were listening to it at 33 for a while before realising it was meant to be 45.

I've only listened once and it felt a bit .. 'high' as well. will need to listen a few more times.

the high freq sounds are unpleasant, and i think that is the intention. i lowered them on my eq... problem solved

the high freq sounds are unpleasant, and i think that is the intention. i lowered them on my eq... problem solved

maybe you should higher your subwoofer volume 2 max and lower the mastervolume cause ben frost is fucking with the volume like hell on this one

lovume this album!!!

is this quite similar to by the throat?

I was captivated by that album when it first came out and much to the chagrin of my neighbors would blast that shit. but after a while it became less interesting, like after the first few experiences of its brutality I found myself less drawn to it and eventually just gave it to a bro.

how does this compare? I love the cover btw

and much to the chagrin of my neighbors

nice word :cool: nice sentence

most of my (our) music I'd never play loud unless on headphones, as my neighbors would likely phone either the police or the doctor....

I like this album. Much gourd.

This type of "noise" I can get behind.

Mistook the record label "Bedroom Community" for James Holden's "Border Community" for a sec there lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest trananhhung

That Japanese track sounds awesome. Can I buy it on iTunes or I have to search for an illegal version? Yes, it's annoying. The best thing to do is to see these tracks as deleted scenes.

Archived