IGNORED

Should I crack open my spare vintage Aphex logo t-shirt?

JS20

Anyone remember these from Warpmart, from the early 2000s? http://xltronic.com/mb/4542/faq.php3

I have worn this shirt more than any other in my life and it's still in laundry circulation. While the logo is disintegrating, the fabric itself is vastly superior to the Fruit Of The Hanes versions. I have 1 year old t-shirts in worse shape!

What made this version of the shirt special was the Aphex logo on the tag.

Just dug this out of the closet. Should I wear it, or leave it alone until my other one finally gets too ratty?

front.jpg

tag.jpg

Yep, those are the shit Froot of the Hanes crap quality ones that don't last 14 years like my current ones do, with a big scratchy factory-logo tag. I have one of those too, the logo is offset from center and the fabric is way thinner :-\

i love wearing my afx logo t-shirt because no one knows what it means, this leads people to speculate about me and that adds to my mysterious enigmatic persona.

The vintage shirt also has the stylized word Aphex on the back. The current generic $25 Bleep shirts don't.

logo.gif

That extra logo says "Yea, you didn't know what it meant as I was walking toward you, and now you're DOUBLE confused as I'm walking away!"

i love wearing my afx logo t-shirt because no one knows what it means, this leads people to speculate about me and that adds to my mysterious enigmatic persona.

lol

lol

lol

lol

The vintage shirt also has the stylized word Aphex on the back. The current generic $25 Bleep shirts don't.

logo.gif

That extra logo says "Yea, you didn't know what it meant as I was walking toward you, and now you're DOUBLE confused as I'm walking away!"

Aye I had that one - used to buy all my T-shirts in large back then for some reason and after years of wear it ended up looking like I was wearing a poncho. Ended up in the clothing bank.

I have one, but it was from a time when I fit into XS shirts. Alas, now I'm a fat fuck (in comparison) and can't wear it anymore.

On the other hand, a couple of years ago my watmm secret santa sent me one in an XL size; maybe I can just keep eating and eventually be big enough to fit into it.

ebay --> kickstarter --> ebay

lol, I'll take 3M DOGE for it. Will everyone who chips in get to wear it for a day and send it to the next backer for their turn?

Also have one of those old ones with the full small logo on the back, bought it back in 2005 through warpmart. I still like to wear it occasionally, even more than my other low-quality Aphex logo shirt bought at his gigs (with the red print). Didn't know they had other for sale now at bleep, was planning on buying a new one soon :(

"Is that the half-life logo? Are you a gamer?"

This, everytime.

Also have one of those old ones with the full small logo on the back, bought it back in 2005 through warpmart. I still like to wear it occasionally, even more than my other low-quality Aphex logo shirt bought at his gigs (with the red print). Didn't know they had other for sale now at bleep, was planning on buying a new one soon :(

"Is that the half-life logo? Are you a gamer?"

This, everytime.

It's too bad that Bleep is just selling cheapo shirts now. Adding a custom woven tag, graphics on the back and using premium material is a way to show pride in your product. $25 @ Bleep for the same quality as the $10 eBay one? Blech :sad:

Besides Half-Life, I also enjoy the puzzled stares garnered by my "We Aim To Please Red Snapper" bumper sticker.

Archived