IGNORED

Interstellar - Chris Nolan's new film

Rubin Farr

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p5XDFbH.jpg

wow, that's a pretty spoilerific movie poster (i'm not blaming you for posting it). It both reveals where he goes, and the tagline tells you why he's going there. I prefer vague not telling you nuffin' taglines like "prepare for the ride of your life" or some shit that doesn't get my mental juices running way ahead of the game, filling out the plot like a fungal spore would a cow pat.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I'll only watch this film if someone can guarantee billy doesn't say "what" in it... Or any other words beginning with "wh".

P sure he's not in it so you're probably alright!

p5XDFbH.jpg

wow, that's a pretty spoilerific movie poster (i'm not blaming you for posting it). It both reveals where he goes, and the tagline tells you why he's going there. I prefer vague not telling you nuffin' taglines like "prepare for the ride of your life" or some shit that doesn't get my mental juices running way ahead of the game, filling out the plot like a fungal spore would a cow pat.

why the fuck are they going to a winter planet? is it cheaper to shoot, why dont they (sci-fi movies) go to a planet with huge jungles, etc

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I'll only watch this film if someone can guarantee billy doesn't say "what" in it... Or any other words beginning with "wh".

P sure he's not in it so you're probably alright!

Whhhhat? Wasn't he in the trailer?

IDK, can't be bothered to watch it again to be honest. Not seeing him mentioned in this list so guessing no http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/fullcredits

p5XDFbH.jpg

why the fuck are they going to a winter planet? is it cheaper to shoot, why dont they (sci-fi movies) go to a planet with huge jungles, etc

They wouldn't need to send a farmer if they knew the planet was capable of supporting vegetation would they. I can see it now: the film will begin with a shot of Matthew kneeling down in a dying field on Earth, scooping up a handful of soil and letting it fall between his fingers while looking wistfully into the distance reminiscing about all that once was. The film will end with him kneeling down on the new planet, scooping up a handful of soil and letting it fall between his fingers while looking wistfully into the distance and imagining all that will be once more.

Guest transmisiones ferox

I don't like it already, the most bizarre movie director with the most repulsive actors (McConaughey) will be a bombastic posh sci-fi drama for money grabbing

p5XDFbH.jpg

You're assuming that's snow... it could be volcanic ash (but probably is snow).

I wonder if Christopher Nolan feels comfortable enough to put humour and/or sex in this one. On a spaceship with at least one of Chastain or Hathaway I don't think he can avoid it this time I mean.

Or maybe a relativity joke this time like "people on earth. They get older, I stay the same age"

incidentally, did anyone know that Bill Irwin is also a clown?

scapinsf460.jpg

think about that when you watch the movie

He did his Vaudeville act on The Cosby Show once.

He was also in the Don't Worry Be Happy video with the late Robin Williams

• 2 weeks later...

Or maybe a relativity joke this time like "people on earth. They get older, I stay the same age"

LOL

Latest trailer looks like this is gonna be a real shitfest, but an enjoyable one.

Archived