IGNORED

How much unreleased material Steinvord might have by now?

pissflaps

I was just thinking about it. If he released these tracks back in early 2008, let's say he started working on these at like 16 yo. Has been like 6 years now, plus all of the older unreleased tracks before the EP... that's a lot of music there we are missing. Why the lack of releases? he's surely sitting under a goldmine by now. Not even short EP's or anything, no online presence to share these tracks... what a waste. Does Rephlex ruin the career of young musicians that get signed by them by being incredibly slow and elusive on their releases, or does the guy just simply do not give a fuck? he seems to care less than Richard if that's the case, I mean, someone explain this one to me. I can't name another musician that doesn't have a physical neither online presence, even Richard has a Facebook, even if it's managed by third parties. Not even that.

I reckon Tom has tons of unreleased material.

Strange question innit?

Also to answer the rest of your questions, it's because Steinvord is Tom J.

Sure about that? Where did you get this info?

Wasn't there talk about Steinvord being a collab thing? To me the EP always sounds like a nice mix-up of Tom, Mike & Richard.

someone posted a few new tunes on his myspace yesterday although i could only get a few of them to play

he did say he did his music on a 'fucking computer' so sounds like perhaps he is frustrated with windows. could be a reason for less output

someone posted a few new tunes on his myspace yesterday although i could only get a few of them to play

he did say he did his music on a 'fucking computer' so sounds like perhaps he is frustrated with windows. could be a reason for less output

huh?

same old tracks on his myspace from what I'm looking at.

Actually another artist who has literally no online presence was Remano Eszildn on Planet Mu. They released an album of his, and that was that. Nothing about him before it came out and nothing afterwards. A pseudonym of someone else, perhaps?

huh?

same old tracks on his myspace from what I'm looking at.

ok think he was talking more about soundcloud and twittor maybe. im not much into steinvord so they were new to me :)

we don't know who it is, right? so it could just be some dude, right? if that's the case then maybe it's a little insulting that we're saying it's richard or tom. maybe steinvord is looking at these threads like :blink: . he's got tracks called rules the read II and phorumwanky, he's probably a watmm lurker at least.

i've listened the shit out of steinvord stuff and richie stuff and tom stuff and it's not that hard to think steinvord is a person, he has his own distinct styles.

:facepalm:

does the internet just go in circles over and over again?

also rules the read 2 and phorumwanky sound NOTHING like the official release. Not even remotely. Neither do the unreleased tracks that were on the myspace (untitled 97, untitled, etc).

This isn't a mystery like how they built the pyramids.

go ahead and articulate exactly why you're sure it's tom for us

"also rules the read 2 and phorumwanky sound NOTHING like the official release. Not even remotely. Neither do the unreleased tracks that were on the myspace (untitled 97, untitled, etc)."

That's a good start.

This has all been explained in the numerous other steinvord threads. No need to expend any more effort.

WATMM goes in circles, like a dog chasing its tail or something....

To summarize: unreleased myspace stuff = Richard. Official release = Tom. Myspace pisstake songs (phorum, rules the read etc) = probably Ludd or something.

Truth is, we don't really know anything. Maybe it's all Rebecca Black or maybe the Olsen Twins made this stuff. We can't rely on our ears and knowledge of similar music and rephlex background to decide with certainty who this music is by.

We can only speculate.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jasondonervan

Steinvord = Justin Bieber

You've heard it here first!

503457-justin-bieber-csi-shooting-617-40

Justin Bieber = Stein Jibe Rub

Stein

Steinvord confirmed

Steinvord = Justin Bieber

You've heard it here first!

503457-justin-bieber-csi-shooting-617-40

Justin Bieber = Stein Jibe Rub

Stein

Steinvord confirmed

your humor is heavy

try not to repeat like a parrot

use your brain instead to turn in round

Well I don't have much done at the moment. Lots of ideas flowing though and lots of stuff still need mixing. I've been into other stuff lately really. I'm sure i'll come back to it.

thanks! i'll finally be able to laugh soon! :spiteful:

no, my somewhat awkward mix of cold repetitive break beats and random ambiance is no laughing matter. Each of my tracks mean something to me. I wrote Lyff Acid after I broke into rdj's house and I wrote cyg x-1 after I broke into tom's house. isn't it obvious?

Archived