IGNORED

Lee Gamble - KOCH LP

BUNKUM

Guest Hanratty

I can see this album accompanying me well through the winter well enough. Time to lay off syro for a bit and back into a bit of koch..

I played this for the first time today, and Syro for the first time. Syro didn't win. This album is a nice surprise. I like track 2 the best.

(I think) it's around Voxel City Spirals and the tracks either before or after that really impress me (I'm not really up to steam on which tunes are which at the moment drrrr lol)

This album definitely seems to improve with more plays.

gave this LP another listen as well as his back catalog (and most of Pan's) I can see the appeal now. It's very throwback-ish sounding but in a good way, a lot of resembles a handful of the gritty hardware sampler techno of the mid 90s but darker and more atmospheric

of the entire Pan back catalog Rene Hall's stuff is the standout for me so far with Lee Gamble/Kouhei in close second

• 3 weeks later...

This has been my go-to reading album of late! In addition to complimenting the mood of Solaris quite nicely, I find it has just the right amount of detail to be engaging as both foreground or background tunes.

Anyone pick up the vinyls? Impressions? I'm considering getting this one

Edited by Marked x 0ne

This has been my go-to reading album of late! In addition to complimenting the mood of Solaris quite nicely, I find it has just the right amount of detail to be engaging as both foreground or background tunes.

Anyone pick up the vinyls? Impressions? I'm considering getting this one

Just got my vinyl in the mail today; haven't spun them yet, but the packaging is lush. Heavy printed inner sleeves for each LP. The finish on the jacket is kind of matte-y, looks real nice. Bill really knocked it out of the park with the album artwork on this one.

• 6 years later...

This album rules, my favorite full length from lee gamble.  But all his other stuff (label UIQ and nts radio show) is great and always worth checking out

What you've got is a whole, miserable, subculture (https://inverted-audio.com/review/lee-gamble-koch/)

Edited by markedone

20 hours ago, kuniklo said:

I have no idea what that sample is meant to refer to but it's great.

The Graffiti subculture i think, sampled from Style Wars. Read the review posted above!

REQ also used it ages ago on his LP 'One'.

Edited by kichiguy
  • Like 2