IGNORED

EDM C2 / D4 / E1

calx

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skibby

i buy cds and stuff (usually as directly as poss from the musicians,) but since i dont use them, (i simply cannot be arsed to,) i send them out as gifts to people who i think both haven't heard the music yet, and might enjoy it. this way it helps the musician more, i reckum. My cd drive of my computer doesn't get much use since USB became bootable.

tapes however, are like fine wine or whissy. i'll have to shop around for a great cassette recorder to do mixdowns on someday if i make some fkn music.

the resurgance of tape as a medium seems to be a thing. i reckon its some sort of statement about the futility of animal survival in the cold unfeeling komputawelt.

But itunes, spotify and bandcamp seem to be ways to get some of that hologram paper.

I know that many musicans can not be arsed to do those things either, but at the end of the day people are people, all prone to the boons and perils of convenience, and often the convenience to one is the peril to the other, and so the ridiculous seesaw goes.

or?

i'm skint until payday - can i get this on tick?

if someone from rephlex could get back to me by pm and confirm this is ok, that would be great. i'll nip the cash round next friday innit.

yeah, all we have is an email address and 2 thirty second youtube clips. Has anyone ever used this address before for anything grant related? Did any rephlex guys post this to their facebook?

Guest Barung

yeah, all we have is an email address and 2 thirty second youtube clips. Has anyone ever used this address before for anything grant related? Did any rephlex guys post this to their facebook?

Both Grant and Jodey shared the videos on facebook, and Jodey even posted the email address to a guy asking how to order it in the comments

Guest bitroast

Well then there's no problem is there. These people have a track record of delivering, even if in unusual round about ways.

yep. ordered the aleksi perala cd/dvd using similar fashion (advertised on facebook, etc. emailed gmail address, got instructions to pay by paypal) received item in mail no problem :)

It will arrive imo.

And as long as you don't pay by PayPal gift then the payment should be covered.

...why not gift the money?

If you gift the money they won't incur fees, but your also not covered.

Guest Deco Balcony

Really glad to see more of this series. Was hoping that something in the series would see a vinyl release.

Whatever tune that EDM E1 PRE1 preview is taken from will sound lush on a record!

I got one of those AP CD bundle things with this email method and I had no problems with that so I'm sure this should be fine - In fact I quite like this method as it seems like a much more direct way of funding music that you like.

It will arrive imo.

And as long as you don't pay by PayPal gift then the payment should be covered.

...why not gift the money?
If you gift the money they won't incur fees, but your also not covered.
so if i decide to be nice and pay the fees...i won't get my order?

READ THE RU… nah just kidding

I trust the Rephlex folks, and also had a great experience getting the AP stuff from Aleksi (direct?!), but I try to keep my music spending under control and one way I do so it having a rule that I don’t buy vinyl or tapes. They just aren’t practical formats for me (not home very much) and this way I can keep my pull list reasonable.

So, selling the 3 formats as a “bundle”, while neato, is kind of a deal-breaker for me. I mean, I love the EDM stuff but fingers-crossed, maybe it’ll be released on digital later.

READ THE RU… nah just kidding

I trust the Rephlex folks, and also had a great experience getting the AP stuff from Aleksi (direct?!), but I try to keep my music spending under control and one way I do so it having a rule that I don’t buy vinyl or tapes. They just aren’t practical formats for me (not home very much) and this way I can keep my pull list reasonable.

So, selling the 3 formats as a “bundle”, while neato, is kind of a deal-breaker for me. I mean, I love the EDM stuff but fingers-crossed, maybe it’ll be released on digital later.

couldn't have said it better myself. I completely agree and vinyl is such a money vacuum that I need to stick to other formats.

THAT SAID. I just sold my old computers and made some bread so i said WTF and just sent "grant" $40 honest american dollars. OK THEN.

me pre-ordered and got confirmation. massive! however: meh thinks jodey not knows necessarily let be which of his tracks are good, lol. i *asks: where is old number tracks ? where is drill n bass shit ? meh talks bout 186,5 bpm AND above. (radio show track wit those idiots screamin, me talks L.O.T me talks +10 remix, no wait go out, anyways, think bout this jodey greets

me pre-ordered and got confirmation. massive! however: meh thinks jodey not knows necessarily let be which of his tracks are good, lol. i *asks: where is old number tracks ? where is drill n bass shit ? meh talks bout 186,5 bpm AND above. (radio show track wit those idiots screamin, me talks L.O.T me talks +10 remix, no wait go out, anyways, think bout this jodey greets

:shrug:

....maybe it’ll be released on digital later.

Or, maybe not....

*cough steinvord*

Very possible! It's a gamble for sure.

That said, clearly the game plan for most artists these days is to leave the question as to whether there will be digitals open and ambiguous until after the physical is sold out. THUS ENSNARING all you careful motherfuckers who are afraid there will be no digitals into buying the record, and then picking up the long tail of other lazy motherfuckers like I afterward.

SO LET'S JUST SEE HOW THIS PLAYS OUT

yeah

Ordered this last monday purely because I rinsed A2 and B2 so much (still do), only now got round to listen to the previews: pretty varied stuff, very nice :) I recall Jodey commenting on fb that Heidi will have a full release out soon, maybe it's one of these?

It's also worrying me a bit that they have also have this as selfreleased 'kickstarted' releases. Where is SRD in all this? It seems beneficial for all of us (more $$$ going to the artist/label / cheaper for the consumer?) but if they'll only release really limited stuff you can conclude they just don't sell that much anymore (the Colundi Level 4 USB was limited to 100 and took a few months to sell out). I guess the weird strategy obviously hasn't worked out for them (also said by Ultrademon about his Rephlex release in a recent interview).

Archived