IGNORED

ISIS Ordering Female Genital Mutilation

Redruth

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys are just jealous of girls' buck wild gasms.

Would a mass prostate milking end FGM then?

Girls saw that and got jealous. You think male circumcision was invented by a dude?

Do circumcised guys feel like they're missing out/wish they had a whole penis?

Dude, where's my flap ?

I often ponder what a foreskinned version of myself would do in certain situations or if they can tell I'm foreskinless during job interviews, etc.

also, circumcision for women is a variant of those for men (without touching the clit) but in medicine is also known condition when clitoris itself is too big, subjectively, (afaik the biggest known was 13 cm of the outer part) and sometimes women like to shorten it but that's not a circumcision in the right meaning of the word.

what they're doing to those women in afrika and elsewhere is NOT a circumcision but mostly a real mutilation and it's been performed since before islam. muhammed forbade it and made it arbitrary for a grown woman if she'd like that her clitoral hood (the real women's circumcision) or clitoris itself be shorter (for numerous reasons). so a typical plastic surgery choice.

lots of ppl says those mutilations are an islam thing but only cause they're mostly performed in the countries with a predominant 'islamic' population. if they really know and practice islam they wouldn't do that. fakin stone age morons!

still really weirded out that nobody seems to give a fuck about the 100% legally sanctioned male circumcisions still regularly performed in most western countries

Shouldn't that be illegal by now unless an adult age male wishes to have part of his dick chopped off?

My circumcised unit performs better than yours.

still really weirded out that nobody seems to give a fuck about the 100% legally sanctioned male circumcisions still regularly performed in most western countries

Shouldn't that be illegal by now unless an adult age male wishes to have part of his dick chopped off?

I have a half-circumcised penis. best of both worlds.

link?

a two-skin?

a two-skin?

one but cut longitudinally (i guess, never saw i swear)

Guest fiznuthian

Just feel lucky you have one. I crushed what I think was my pudendal nerve (?) in a 40 mile bike race and it rendered my dick dysfunctional for almost two months. Could get an erection but lost all sensation of touch. Scary :cry:

Nah, male circumcision is still pretty much an US (and Candian) thing (along with the countries where it's a religious thing).

Yup, it's pretty rare outside USA and Islamic countries.

Now that's a sentence you won't hear often

edited to say, the only circumcised guy I know says it makes masturbating harder / uncomfortable... (?)

Just feel lucky you have one. I crushed what I think was my pudendal nerve (?) in a 40 mile bike race and it rendered my dick dysfunctional for almost two months. Could get an erection but lost all sensation of touch. Scary :cry:

The horror.

Nah, male circumcision is still pretty much an US (and Candian) thing (along with the countries where it's a religious thing).

Yup, it's pretty rare outside USA and Islamic countries.

Now that's a sentence you won't hear often

edited to say, the only circumcised guy I know says it makes masturbating harder / uncomfortable... (?)

and you were like: nah, you're doing it wrong! ...lemme try. :cat:

no? ok

Pretty much all female oppression boils down to "this kid better be from my sperm and not some other dudes'."

Which is sorta understandable when men have to risk their lives hunting wild boars/fighting battles because a woman dying in those situations significantly cuts down on the future population of your tribe as opposed to only 1 dude dying. This instinct never went away. I don't get poison arrows shot at me for some cuckold bastard child, believe it.

It's also why feminism is pure lols.

This contemporary socially relevant post is brought to you by candiru.

Eh

Even if that were true...

Just because we have vestigial instincts doesn't mean they're useful, or should dictate how we orient our society.

Pretty much all female oppression boils down to "this kid better be from my sperm and not some other dudes'."

Which is sorta understandable when men have to risk their lives hunting wild boars/fighting battles because a woman dying in those situations significantly cuts down on the future population of your tribe as opposed to only 1 dude dying. This instinct never went away. I don't get poison arrows shot at me for some cuckold bastard child, believe it.

It's also why feminism is pure lols.

This contemporary socially relevant post is brought to you by candiru.

Eh

Even if that were true...

Just because we have vestigial instincts doesn't mean they're useful, or should dictate how we orient our society.

Lol I know

Criticism of the opposition Challenges to the mainstream position

Anthropologist Eric Silverman wrote in 2004 that FGM was one of the "central moral topics of contemporary anthropology."[167] Anthropologists have been criticized for adopting a pluralist or relativist stance rather than defending human rights, while eradicationists stand accused of cultural colonialism.[168]

200px-Alice_Walker%2C_1989.jpg
magnify-clip.png
FGM eradicationists, including novelist Alice Walker, have been criticized.

Ugandan law professor Sylvia Tamale argued in 2011 that early Western opposition stemmed from a Judeo-Christian judgment that African sexual culture, including not only FGM but also dry sex, polygyny and levirate marriage, was primitive and required correction.[169] Following the publication of Fran Hosken's report in 1979, Tamale wrote, opposition to FGM became an obsession of anthropologists and women's rights activists.[170] She cautioned that African feminists object to the "imperialist, racist and dehumanising infantilization of African women."[171] African-American feminists have also come into conflict over FGM: Stanlie James criticized anti-FGM campaigner Alice Walker for, as she put it, trying to save African women from themselves.[172]

Anthropologists challenging the opposition to FGM include Richard Shweder, Janice Boddy, Carla Obermeyer and Fuambai Ahmadu, who was herself cut as an adult when she was initiated into the Bundu secret society in Sierra Leone.[173] Shweder maintains that if a rights perspective is adopted, it must take other rights into account, such as the right to self-determination and freedom of religion. He highlights the Mandinka of Guinea-Bissau, for whom bodily integrity and purity are required for prayer, and are achieved by circumcision.[174] He argues further that the medical evidence does not support that FGM is invariably harmful, citing reviews of the medical literature by medical anthropologist and epidemiologist Carla Obermeyer of Harvard University, who suggested that the more serious medical complications are relatively infrequent.[175] Shweder also cites a 2001 study by Linda Morison of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine that looked at the reproductive health consequences of Type II FGM in the Gambia; Morison concluded that there were few differences between the circumcised and uncircumcised women.[176]

Comparison with other procedures

Obermeyer argues that FGM may be conducive to women's well-being within their communities in the same way that procedures such as breast implants, rhinoplasty and male circumcision may help people elsewhere.[177] The WHO does not include cosmetic procedures such as labiaplasty (reduction of the inner labia), vaginoplasty (tightening of the vaginal muscles) and clitoral hood reduction as examples of FGM; some elective practices do fall within its categories, but its broad definition aims to avoid loopholes.[59] Gynaecologist Birgitta Essén and anthropologist Sara Johnsdotter argue that this is a double standard, with adult African women (for example, those seeking reinfibulation after childbirth) viewed as mutilators trapped in a primitive culture, while other women seeking cosmetic genital surgery are viewed as exercising their right to control their own bodies.[178]

Essén and Johnsdotter write that several doctors have drawn a parallel between cosmetic procedures and FGM.[179]Benoîte Groult made the same point in 1975, citing both FGM and elective corrective surgery as sexist and patriarchal.[180] Ronán Conroy of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland argued in 2006 that cosmetic genital procedures were "driving the advance of female genital mutilation by promoting the fear in women that what is natural biological variation is a defect, a problem requiring the knife."[181]

200px-Martha_Nussbaum_wikipedia_10-10.jp
magnify-clip.png
Martha Nussbaum argues that the key moral and legal issue with FGM is that it is conducted on children using physical force.

Some of the legislation banning FGM would seem to cover cosmetic genital alteration. The law in Sweden, for example, bans operations "on the external female genital organs which are designed to mutilate them or produce other permanent changes in them" regardless of consent.[182] Because anti-FGM laws are not used to stop cosmetic genital procedures, Essén and Johnsdotter argue that it seems the law distinguishes between Western and African female genitals, and deems only African women unfit to make their own decisions. Where FGM is banned even if consent is given, physicians may end up having to ask of prospective patients whether they appear to be victims of African patriarchy before deciding whether to offer them genital alteration.[179]

Arguing against these parallels, philosopher Martha Nussbaum writes that the key issue with FGM is that it is mostly conducted on children using physical force. She argues that the distinction between social pressure, which might reduce autonomy, and physical force is always morally and legally salient, and is arguably comparable to the distinction between seduction and rape. She also argues that the literacy of women in practising countries is generally poorer than that of women in the Western world, which reduces their ability to make informed choices.[183]

Several commentators argue that children's rights are being violated in the West too, with the genital alteration of intersex children born with genital anomalies that physicians regard as in need of correction. Legal scholars Nancy Ehrenreich and Mark Barr write that thousands of these procedures take place every year in the United States, and argue that they are medically unnecessary, more extensive than FGM, and have more serious physical and mental consequences. They attribute the silence of anti-FGM campaigners about intersex procedures to white privilege and North American exceptionalism, a refusal to acknowledge that "similar and harmful genital cutting occurs in their own backyards."[184]

if you have the time, this is a very interesting report to read from UNICEF http://www.unicef.org/esaro/FGCM_Lo_res.pdf

to cut a long story short, please look at page 3 where it shows what percentage of the women in the countries want it to end.

why are these women being forced to undergo this proceedure (and have their children go through it) against their will?

Yes this is fucking ridiculous

Male disposability

Guest skibby

Male disposability

not ridiculous, theres money in it, not many surgeries are free in the US.

http://www.cynical-c.com/2011/08/25/how-much-does-a-circumcision-cost-at-mass-general/

Male disposability

not ridiculous, theres money in it, not many surgeries are free in the US.

http://www.cynical-c.com/2011/08/25/how-much-does-a-circumcision-cost-at-mass-general/

Ridiculous that it's considered morally acceptable to expose male babies to

I don't care how much money is in male genital mutilation, it's inhumane.

Archived