IGNORED

SYRO $400 "Limited Edition" 3xLP

Rubin Farr

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's preventing someone from creating hundreds or thousands of throwaway email addresses and entering those? I don't think Warp thought the email entry part all the way through. Easy to game that system.

"Multiple entries (as identified by email address, IP address, postal address, or any other means of identification) will not be accepted."

I think the Ltd edition will be floating around for weeks. Sure, thousands will have opted into the ballot. It's a very different thing when you're suddenly being asked for £250/$400 for the same album - oh, and some prints that are probably worth a fiver. No bonus material, not even signed. Any real Aphex nut is just going to buy this, look at it for all of five minutes and then stick it on the shelf.

I'm all for box sets and limited stuff but this thing barely qualifies as 'limited' as far as I see it.

I think even eBay scalpers will question wether they'll be able to sell it on later.

As someone else said, I think they saw the whole Caustic Window thing and decided they'd try and grab a piece of that action.

Big difference is that Caustic Window was an entire album of unreleased material.

Syro Ltd is just the same as the regular album. Oh, let's not forget those prints.

it's 600,000 € for an edition of 200

I'm not sure what is inside, what does all this mean motherplate etc ? of course this could be a hoax but I still think the price is that high because it's somehow covering the production costs.... I remember the DJ SHADOW glow in the dark box set, it was pretty shitty imo but I think he managed to sell all of them for 300€

my english is to bad to understand this... a metal forged aphex face ??? if they make 100€ or 50€ per box it's still alot of money and "worth", it would not feel like a rip off... actually for 300€ this has to contain something very special, maybe it's a WARP thing to earn money and Richard D. never cared...

I'm not rich but Aphex Twin music is something special to me, I could easily pay 300€ for something special designed by him...

some people buy nice cars, nice houses... etc

oak cabinets, granite countertops

some people buy expensive vinyl.

there is no discussion here lol

Well, if the House is one of a good car. On a very expensive oak vinyl wood cabinets with granite there. We are here to talk haha.

Here's my thoughts on this (and no, I don't already have one):

I signed up for free - if I get a chance to buy it, I'll consider it - if someone wanted for me to be their proxy buyer for it, I would consider that too.

If I don't get it - meh, so what - even if it had exclusive music on it, that will end up available in some form or another - so beyond the collectible/resale value, there really is no reason to own this.

Who cares if it's 180g vinyl or not - it's not like you'd play the thing anyways, and you can buy the WAV/FLAC and get better than vinyl sounding tracks.

Also, I wouldn't be quick to assume it doesn't have the badger on it somewhere... just a gut feeling mind you - no official confirmation or anything.

What's preventing someone from creating hundreds or thousands of throwaway email addresses and entering those? I don't think Warp thought the email entry part all the way through. Easy to game that system.

"Multiple entries (as identified by email address, IP address, postal address, or any other means of identification) will not be accepted."

Some webmail providers provide the originating client IP in the SMTP headers (Yahoo) but some don't (Gmail.) Even if it's there, if someone is behind the same IP as someone else you're going to get a false positive on duplicate IP address matching.

I understand that they don't WANT it to happen, but it's still easy to make it happen.

It would simplify things if Warp limited the raffle to people who actually logged into Bleep and pre-ordered. You have an authenticated identity at that point. You could still game the system by coming up with multiple identities but you at least have to buy something each time and go through the trouble of getting burner CC #'s for each order.

It's not worth it to me to do all that, I'm not going to be buying the special edition, I'm just adding to the conversation.

Maybe they already thought about this and have to comply with some sort of legal technicality of "no purchase necessary to enter contest." Offer the email entry option for that but then those entries just sort of...

i guess i'm probably one of the few that actually played their 180g analord 10. always knew i'd never resell it

Too right, it sounds amazing (they all do).

Here's my thoughts on this (and no, I don't already have one):

I signed up for free - if I get a chance to buy it, I'll consider it - if someone wanted for me to be their proxy buyer for it, I would consider that too.

If I don't get it - meh, so what - even if it had exclusive music on it, that will end up available in some form or another - so beyond the collectible/resale value, there really is no reason to own this.

Who cares if it's 180g vinyl or not - it's not like you'd play the thing anyways, and you can buy the WAV/FLAC and get better than vinyl sounding tracks.

Also, I wouldn't be quick to assume it doesn't have the badger on it somewhere... just a gut feeling mind you - no official confirmation or anything.

Jim+is+kill+_57a69f3c3e00f82e0c8b97cc458

if i'd have the money, id buy it for myself, not for a financial investment

If you had the money you'd be thinking about investments.

dude there might be a mini afx blimp in it and some stickers and a button

if i'd have the money, id buy it for myself, not for a financial investment

If you had the money you'd be thinking about investments.

nah i drink and smoke everything

Who cares if it's 180g vinyl or not - it's not like you'd play the thing anyways,

If I get one, I'm totally playing it, just like I play all my records. I don't believe in buying limited pieces of music, and then not listening to it.

I'm basing my assumption (and yep it is totally an assumption) on the fact that picture has the old Warp logo as opposed to the new Warp logo which as far as I know has been on every single Warp records release since 2008 (I believe starting with Pivot - O Soundtrack My Heart).

yep it's an assumption, but it's not without merit.

Who cares if it's 180g vinyl or not - it's not like you'd play the thing anyways,

If I get one, I'm totally playing it, just like I play all my records. I don't believe in buying limited pieces of music, and then not listening to it.

I'm basing my assumption (and yep it is totally an assumption) on the fact that picture has the old Warp logo as opposed to the new Warp logo which as far as I know has been on every single Warp records release since 2008 (I believe starting with Pivot - O Soundtrack My Heart).

yep it's an assumption, but it's not without merit.

True...

Archived