IGNORED

SYRO $400 "Limited Edition" 3xLP

Rubin Farr

Not sure what to make of this.

It's a lot of money. Even die-hard Aphex fans will wonder how they couldn't have at least made the limited edition signed by RDJ & maybe an exclusive bonus track.

Sure, you can sell it on but

a) You've got to have the money up front and ready when warp mail you as a winner.

b) If you're buying it to sell on, you're asking someone to pay even more for what is essentially a set of prints. Nothing else extra at all.

It's fairly limited in quantity but I question its real value let alone its sell-on price.

It's a very different deal to Analord - which offered alot more for less money.

I had the chance to get the Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV collectors edition, but I passed on it.

My old housemate got it. And I regret not getting it to this day, it still is the best box-set of music I've ever seen in person. It honestly puts the Warp20 box set to shame in terms of quality of production and execution.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

Warp had a box set for Brian Eno's "Small Craft On A Milk Sea" that had the same price and had Brian Eno's signature.

And four bonus tracks.

oh god I would absolutely lose it if there were bonus tracks included.

way to make everyone who wasn't included in the 200 copies or have the money feel like shit.

Or for fuck's sake, don't buy it if you don't want to spend $400 on an art print. It's not a fucking requirement. Fucking hell.

You people will seriously bitch about anything.

Funny, you seem to be just as mad.

nah

pretty happy to hear new aphex tbqh, just think it's funny that people immediately get their britches twisted over something trivial when there is, you know, a new aphex twin album coming out in a month and you'll be able to hear all of it in the format of your choice without even having to consider the special edition

Guest Barung

There's a secret fourth lp inside the gatefold, but you'll have to rip it off to reveal it, that's why the price is so high

Well you can think of it as an investment. the resell price will increase over time, so i say it's worth it if you have the money laying around :)

Guest skibby

contemporary artists sell inkjet and laser prints for thousands of dollars. and i like Aphex Twin more. this is actually a bargain in fine art terms. I own 1 minute scribbles that are monetarily worth more than this. i say worth it if you value fine art, and although past performance is not always indicative of future results, the price is tempting now, and will remain tempting after they are gone.

$45 S&H to the USA... Bleep eat a dick.

? It was only 19$ per record to ship to canada for me...?

Delivery Cost Estimates UK £10 Europe €42–47 USA USD 45 ROW USD 65–85

Costs listed above are approximate.

$45 S&H to the USA... Bleep eat a dick.

? It was only 19$ per record to ship to canada for me...?

Delivery Cost Estimates UK £10 Europe €42–47 USA USD 45 ROW USD 65–85

Costs listed above are approximate.

Holy crap =S

That's weird/not right. I ordered 2 vinyl and premium shipping (fed ex) was $23, regular post was $38. With only 1 vinyl it was $16 premium, $21 regular post.

Music still has the 'kid at christmas' effect on me, which is rather nice but it means I can also go flying in at the deep end without engaging brain first.

The more I hear about the ltd edition version the more skeptical I become.....

Music still has the 'kid at christmas' effect on me, which is rather nice but it means I can also go flying in at the deep end without engaging brain first.

The more I hear about the ltd edition version the more skeptical I become.....

It's really not even a talking point though is it?

Some people pay more money for nicer things there's nothing new here.

also yeah I have the kid at christmas feels right now too. so happy

Archived