IGNORED

Health Goth (post-normcore?)

gmanyo

A new style called health goth has been trending for a while. It's like self-aware high-performance street wear, lots of black and white and Nike logos.

tumblr_mt70j8tqC11qzxxslo1_1280.png

tumblr_n2yziwaRbx1qzug70o1_1280.png

jpfjsr4pzbeii4u8le0d.jpg

568b7ab3fd14e1d94e672a6f00c73a8d-500x666

1403282897527.jpg

Sort of well written but super pretentious article about it:

http://amdiscs.com/normcore-health-goth/

A vice thing:

http://thump.vice.com/words/deathface-wants-you-to-stop-eating-carbs

It has some music stuff to it as well (I think Yung Lean and Bones are sometimes considered a bit health goth):

Reminds me of future bass. Jam City - The Courts if from a few years back but it's in the same style for sure:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another way to shift nikes, or whatever the shit, to the gullible. Helped along by posy know nothing wannabes from fashion and art college. "Like you know i totally shifted those nikes or whatever the shit, to the people that i feel are real on it you know, in touch with the now."

You want to be original? Buy these shoes. Don't buy Nike or Adidas or any of those lame brands, you want to buy some independent stuff that's mass produced not quite on the same scale.

Heh, I unintentionally pulled off this look while I was working at Columbia Sportswear up until recently, almost everything I got from there was black or grey.

followed Health Goth on facebook a few months ago because zole, didn't actually realize this is a legitimate subculture people are following. wat. i'm in the future and it's all wierd, man

lol

the petty bourgeoisie are at an all-time low aren't they?

they even have to import people through tourism and various "creativity-enhancing" programmes.

anyway, they're so weak it takes just a little little little minimum of organisation to sweep them away, from ideologic hegemony at least. yuppiedromes and gentrification are a paper tiger.

i mean, health goth? actual lol. you made my day!

At least they're bringing back the word goth, yay. I mean they might be trying to shoehorn it into some phoney marketing campaign of a subculture of goth, but at least it's not what you would think that it would have been in the normal linguistic progression of things, Health-Emo. Gah, screw you the word emo.

Perhaps all that cutting ruined emo's marketability with the corporate types and it's so recent that it carries little cache with those wanting to be hip and future, and so they dug back and picked up a word with no real associations for this generation beyond being some cool thing from deep time, so they could manipulate it into whatever shape they wanted.

Looking forward to goth tie week for cancer, and goth texas BBQ challenge.

At least they're bringing back the word goth, yay. I mean they might be trying to shoehorn it into some phoney marketing campaign of a subculture of goth, but at least it's not what you would think that it would have been in the normal linguistic progression of things, Health-Emo. Gah, screw you the word emo.

Perhaps all that cutting ruined emo's marketability with the corporate types and it's so recent that it carries little cache with those wanting to be hip and future, and so they dug back and picked up a word with no real associations for this generation beyond being some cool thing from deep time, so they could manipulate it into whatever shape they wanted.

Looking forward to goth tie week for cancer, and goth texas BBQ challenge.

I don't think that big name companies like Nike or Adidas really even know about this, and I'm guessing most people buy shit from thrift stores. It's all about "high speed" and "performance" wear, just another internet post-post-ironic reference fad. It's been awhile coming tbh; misappropriated corporate futuristic logos (Nike, Monster Energy, etc) have been a thing for awhile, this just has a bit more direction.

Archived