IGNORED

Bill Cosby is a big old rapist (on the loose)

Rubin Farr

I can drop lower than Slate. Let's do this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/15/olive-garden-salt-pasta-water_n_5823820.html

Is there a scientific reason we should be salting our water?

No. There's an old wives' tale that says salted water will make the pasta cook faster, and while it's not entirely untrue, it doesn't make enough of a difference to matter. An ounce of salt only raises the boiling point of water by 1 degree Fahrenheit, so you'd need a whole lot of salt to make a significant difference in the cooking time -- a whole disgusting lot.

So the only reason to salt pasta water is to make the pasta taste better?

Yes. Do you need another reason, pray tell? Salted water flavors the pasta from the inside out as the pasta absorbs the water, leading to tastier pasta. Period. No matter how delicious your bolognese or marinara sauce, the pasta is the foundation upon which you build your flavors.

huffpo is worse than slate. it is the liberal equivalent to sun media. you get a quote from a scientist up in here and we can talk about it.

And why would you want the pasta to cook at an higher temperature. Did you ask yourself that. There will be uneven cooking as the outside becomes mush before the centre absorbs enough water. Of course your link stated that only a degree would be achieved in which case why bother yarl.

i know you crazy but i still love you. i just want to be intense because i want to fit in and have an opinion about something. noodles gonna get eaten i dont care.

def will cut you guys if you push this noodle flavour ignorance any further tho.

huffpo is worse than slate. it is the liberal equivalent to sun media. you get a quote from a scientist up in here and we can talk about it.

Even then any quote needs to be scrutinized. My dad is a geologist, and gets asked to give (often medical) quotes on front page news as he us technically a doctor, albeit of rocks. So unless you know what the doctor is a doctor of, or which science the scientist practices in, be prepared for bs storm.

But this is common knowledge, right?

yer fucked bud. you are never gonna salt a noodle that way.

I'm gonna climb up your tree and fuck you up. Just fuckin give'er.

Source, 3 years of being a professional chef.

Yay, it's a visual metaphor for what a did to the thread, a fellow appreciator of the punnier side of life, a distinguished fellow of the patricians on a mission of lateral to inverse thinkin, member of the non sequitairiate.

Well done dear boy.

Yay, it's a visual metaphor for what a did to the thread, a fellow appreciator of the punnier side of life, a distinguished fellow of the patricians on a mission of lateral to inverse thinkin, member of the non sequitairiate.

Well done dear boy.

Why thanks! This thread's been a thing to behold.