Dpek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cough at 4:59. track ruined.

That cough is also on the album version of the track

lol. C'mon Rich.

Makes me wonder if the barking dog on snar2 was even intentional

Teasing at the highest level with those 483 tracks :)
P.S. - talking about guessing the new shit, Aphex seems to have quite a few old photos / flyers / gems posted in the Noyzelab interview and now in this file. Could it be related to this?

FACT: photos, cataloging, boxing, shipping.

Guest bitroast

Aphex just posted this on soundcloud:

When you download the file, there's cover artwork attached to it, I can see an old flyer for a Phonic Boy On Dope gig? And a picture of Richard and his tank :)? Anyone capable of getting to that image?

Any noticeable difference between this and the standard mix?

If anything though, it might confirm the fact that these tracks are meant to be mixed together, and might even be a puzzle of sorts.

the percussion is different in these tracks. different arrangement. the snare is a different tone as well.

it's not like, a different 'mix' but a different take altogether.

Finally dispatched from Bleep. Don't think I'll bother with them again.

I'm feeling a strong 8 to a light 9 on this one.

Aphex Twin, Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments, forever

xD I expect a 5 from him. He will complain about how many of the tracks sound too similar, and he'll suggest that the short tracks weren't needed.

Fantano rarely, if ever, rates electronic albums highly. They just don't seem to be his sort of thing but I guess there's pressure to review them for some reason.

And man, 483 tracks, Richard is such a tease.

Bleep finally dispatched mine today too. I was semi-expecting to get my copy prior to release, but it looks like I'm going to have to wait like everyone else that's PAID for the album.

Also, I've nabbed that Soundcloud track but I'm refusing to listen to it until my brain's exposed to CCAI. I just wanted to make sure I had it before he inevitably takes it down.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty damn excited. Roll on tomorrow!

lol. C'mon Rich.

I haven't heard the EP yet, but something tells me it was not intentional, but just got recorded & he never bothered to do another take. I have no idea how or the difficulties involved in his recording of these instruments. It just seems this stuff was recorded at some point in the past, they happen to be his "favorite" takes & just decided to release them as is. I'm assuming this is part of his "drawing the line" comment he made about Syro & now CCAI2 and he'll move on to the next shit. Hopefully with some more polished production imo. (outside interference & such cleaned up)

Yeah this wait is killing me. We had better be receiving Sainthoods for this.

I honestly don't know how you are guys are doing it. You're not even going to listen to the soundcloud clip? It is a slightly different version if it makes you feel better.. and is noticeably quieter.. Aphex put it out in the wild before release for a reason probably. You're allowed :))

So what I want to know is;

Is it worth my money for the vinyl. I still don't really enjoy Syro that much. is it anything like that?

Only you can answer that question..

The answer is inside you.

You already know the answer within your heart.

It just needs to come out.

Ok I have made my decision

lol. C'mon Rich.

I haven't heard the EP yet, but something tells me it was not intentional, but just got recorded & he never bothered to do another take. I have no idea how or the difficulties involved in his recording of these instruments. It just seems this stuff was recorded at some point in the past, they happen to be his "favorite" takes & just decided to release them as is. I'm assuming this is part of his "drawing the line" comment he made about Syro & now CCAI2 and he'll move on to the next shit. Hopefully with some more polished production imo. (outside interference & such cleaned up)

Pretty much every Aphex album contains these subtle recordings of surroundings / voices etc. in them. I don't see how this is any different, it's pretty much his trademark (intentional or not, he probably couldn't be bothered to clean it up, why should he? Like Lynch directing, using these external factors in the end result)

Yeah this wait is killing me. We had better be receiving Sainthoods for this.

I honestly don't know how you are guys are doing it. You're not even going to listen to the soundcloud clip? It is a slightly different version if it makes you feel better.. and is noticeably quieter.. Aphex put it out in the wild before release for a reason probably. You're allowed :))

That's like Valve uploading the HL3 ending cinematic to YouTube, but with a slight gaussian blur. I'll pass.

Holy fuck that track is good. Super pumped about the EP tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing that track on your soundcloud, Richard!

Archived