IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

Aphex just posted this on soundcloud:

When you download the file, there's cover artwork attached to it, I can see an old flyer for a Phonic Boy On Dope gig? And a picture of Richard and his tank :)? Anyone capable of getting to that image?

Any noticeable difference between this and the standard mix?

If anything though, it might confirm the fact that these tracks are meant to be mixed together, and might even be a puzzle of sorts.

I just ran both tracks side by side with the phase reversed on one of them and the only difference is the released one is mastered. There is a point at around 240 where visually it looks like there are some extra high notes that peak on the soundcloud version that have been limited into the mix more on the release version. There appear to be no unique sounds on either one.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I need to buy the vinyl to experience at 45rpm or I can I get the same effect by changing the mp3s in Audacity ?

was gonna ask this too.

can probably get the same effect, but the question is if the quality will be "pure" enough, something something bit dithering and such, or does that only happen when slowing things down?

Do I need to buy the vinyl to experience at 45rpm or I can I get the same effect by changing the mp3s in Audacity ?

was gonna ask this too.

can probably get the same effect, but the question is if the quality will be "pure" enough, something something bit dithering and such, or does that only happen when slowing things down?

it works just fine in audacity. i'm listening to the soundcloud version sped up by exactly a minute. it's really the sweet spot for me.

or transcoding back to mp3 after saving the file

Thanks, but not exactly sure what this part means. If I import the mp3s from Bleep into audacity change them to 45rpm and export back out as an mp3 still is that transcoding back ? Do I need to buy the lossless files to do this right ?

Thanks, but not exactly sure what this part means. If I import the mp3s from Bleep into audacity change them to 45rpm and export back out as an mp3 still is that transcoding back ? Do I need to buy the lossless files to do this right ?

I'm sure the difference will be barely audible

I'm sure the difference will be barely audible

Yeah I listen to most of my music as mp3 anyway so as long as I'm not making the mp3 quality less by speeding it up, it should be okay for me.

this is maybe something cliché to say when some shit is out,

but genuinely, i mean really !!!!

this soundcloud track is clearly one RDJ's masterpieces, same range as xmd5a or Vordhosbn

musically it's amazing, it's pure, the message is simple and effective

damn brilliant

I was gonna wait for the vinyl version but I saw it on Spotify this morning and couldn't help myself. It's brilliant! A little short though, so I hope he releases more stuff like this.

yeah i'm listening to it.

it's a masterpiece,

i even prefer this then Syro, this is new, he invented again

what i like about the aphex twin is that indeed each new album is completely different from the previous ones

Archived