IGNORED

Sushi Lovers

Schlitze

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love me some salmon skin roll, gyoza, dragon roll. Aka in Houston has these bacon wrapped tomatoes that will blow your mind.

Hell yeah I love salmon skin. Have to admit I really like ikura (salmon roe) as well. I was at a BBQ last June with some Japan Air Self-Defence Force crew members and they harvested the roe from one of the local salmon they caught and grilled. Just that roe on top of rice was dee-lish.

I just finished eating a lobster/crab/avocado roll and then saw this thread! Sushi is my favorite food. I could eat it everyday and never tire of it. Been meaning to try and learn how to make it myself for a while now, but I feel like it just wouldn't be the same. Anyone else given this a shot/can comment on how difficult it is to do right?

could i ask where u gripped that pack?

my kid bro is a chef and can knock out some delicious creations, but anything pre-made in supermarches is utter wank

It was this stuff i got out of Lidl's

DSC02098.jpg

They are selling it for a week only. It was 2.50. It's as good as any of the supermarket stuff. It gives you a sushi fix, tempted to buy 10 boxes and purge.

Could eat tuna nigiri all day every day. That shiz makes me feel superhuman.

In Bristol the two decent sushi places are Korean and bit rough around the edges. One is in subway at the feet of skyscraper which gives authentic ambience imo innit :P

I wish sushi wasn't so expensive. Here, you're looking at $25 minimum for a decent meal. tbh it usually ends up costing me $40 though cause I'm a fat fuck and I eat a lot.

I love sushi but all the rice makes me feel sick so I usually stick to cones and sashimi, with maybe a few specialty rolls.

Right now my favourite roll is called the dancing unagi, it is:

dungeness crab, tempura prawn, avocado, masago roll, and unagi tempura with shredded beats on top. It's a proper mess, but it tastes amazing....

one-of-the-countless.jpg

I'm a fat fuck and I eat a lot.

Aw c'mon man, be nicer to yourself.

That sushi does look pretty beast though. Might just be me, but sushi seems to have evolved into full-on gourmet since the dawn of the 21st century.

It's the world's biggest secret that making sushi is actually one of the easiest things there is....going to a restaurant to buy sushi is highway robbery. There is nothing more overpriced.

If you've ever made any proper meals (like a soup, or a casserole), sushi is the easiest thing on the planet.

Just follow a sushi rice recipe to a T. And have a source for fresh sashimi grade fish. Find a good asian market, most metropolitan cities have them. Let's put it this way: If sushi exists near you, then that means that there must be a source of sashimi grade fish somewhere in the city. Find out where that is, make it yourself, and laugh at how much money you've been wasting to pay somebody else to make it for you.

And yes, it really is the greatest food on Earth.

I'm a fat fuck and I eat a lot.

Aw c'mon man, be nicer to yourself.

That sushi does look pretty beast though. Might just be me, but sushi seems to have evolved into full-on gourmet since the dawn of the 21st century.

:emb: sorry

agreed though, lots of fusion going on in sushi these days, different sauces, lots of textures (incorporating crunchy things like tempura etc).

I love sushi

I've stopped eating most sushi because many fisheries are absolutely fucked.

People who don't eat meat for ethical reasons but who eat fish are literally worse than satannaziaustriandadswithkidsinbasementRIAAophiles. Not directed at anyone here in particular.

If you eat a lot of fish, I humbly suggest maybe taking a look at, e.g., http://www.seafoodwatch.org and trying to avoid stuff marked as, uh, avoid.

I know bluefin is delicious. My family used to be tuna fishing folk. There's fuckall left anywhere. Try not to eat it IMO.

Dawgz we need more sushi, i've just ran out!

I wish sushi wasn't so expensive. Here, you're looking at $25 minimum for a decent meal. tbh it usually ends up costing me $40 though cause I'm a fat fuck and I eat a lot.

I love sushi but all the rice makes me feel sick so I usually stick to cones and sashimi, with maybe a few specialty rolls.

Right now my favourite roll is called the dancing unagi, it is:

dungeness crab, tempura prawn, avocado, masago roll, and unagi tempura with shredded beats on top. It's a proper mess, but it tastes amazing....

one-of-the-countless.jpg

That looks like heaven

Archived