IGNORED

New album 2015 ?

Guest Joergen

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since i'm new to autechre (discovered it late 2014) so in terms of 'new stuff' i just caught AE_LIVE upon release,

i would like to know how you guys managed to wait so much within releases... oversteps to exai wait must've hurt... i'm already in anticipation for new album material

since i'm new to autechre (discovered it late 2014) so in terms of 'new stuff' i just caught AE_LIVE upon release,

i would like to know how you guys managed to wait so much within releases... oversteps to exai wait must've hurt... i'm already in anticipation for new album material

cos with ae even old material sheds new delights - eps, alubums, remixes, live sets -they're like coral reefs that offer undiscovered structures

Plus the release of the live material probably served to delay any new album release

Yep, most definitely.

Maybe that's a bit of a hint that something else big (cough cough* aphex cough cough*) will be occupying the 2016 release schedule.

;)

I hope the Soundcloud thing affected them A LOT and they feel the need to top it. They tried with the livesets but its not enough there needs to be more so they are now working on something really big to beat the game. *dream*

Plus the release of the live material probably served to delay any new album release

Yep, most definitely.

Maybe that's a bit of a hint that something else big (cough cough* aphex cough cough*) will be occupying the 2016 release schedule.

;)

I hope the Soundcloud thing affected them A LOT and they feel the need to top it. They tried with the livesets but its not enough there needs to be more so they are now working on something really big to beat the game. *dream*

We can only hope. =)

didn't hurt that much cause most their albums take about a year to fully get into and they always release an ep, remixes or other stuff in between + they have a massive back catalog you can always revisit or find something new in :music:

btw i'm raedy

There is never an overly long wait for new Autechre anyway and agree their back catalog just keeps on giving! I've never felt like am jonesing for a new release from them (but more is always appreciated of course!)

Let's not forget the odd compilation track and remix to keep us going between releases. I still need to check out that Russell Haswell rejig.

they always release an ep, remixes or other stuff in between

I dunno, Draft -> Untilted -> Quaristice felt like a fucking lifetime. In terms of original material it was pretty quiet.

As for 'how do you cope' - there's always other new music to get into. Ae sinks in gradually through multiple listens over a long period of time, best through natural listening rather than forcing yourself to 'get into it'. Allow it to seep through between other interesting new music.

That said, my girlfriend only really likes the first three so finding time to get into new albums has been difficult for the last seven years.

Guest WNS000

That said, my girlfriend only really likes the first three so finding time to get into new albums has been difficult for the last seven years.

Don't you have a pair of headphones, mate?

I've been listening for more than 20 years and still don't feel like I have a complete handle on their catalog. Plenty to revisit between albums.

I preferred the AE Live to Exai to be honest... and between the sets i would have listened to them for more hours than i have listened to Exai since its release.

Kinda how I feel too. I barely touched Exai since the Ae_Live store launched. And having attended their first three shows of the North American tour last fall was most likely a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I get a little depressed thinking about it to be honest, because how can they top that?

Guest WNS000

I get a little depressed thinking about it to be honest, because how can they top that?

They can top that with editing it. :emotawesomepm9:

I still go after Exai when looking for the extremely detailed, refined and morphing tracks (not that ae_live isn't detailed, it's just that Studio environment and time allow a different approach). I still feel their live output to be a little raw (and maybe thats what theyre looking for) but the boys are more than capable of overcoming the live setup limitations

Don't you have a pair of headphones, mate?

Yeah but it's not very sociable.

I spend most of the time in cryostasis. Just popped out to see if there's any new release.

I'll see you bitches in july.

• 2 weeks later...

How can we survive between albums? Damn, Autechre are one of the most consistently prolific electronic artists out there. New album every 2 years almost like clockwork, with EP's sprinkled in, radically different live sets to the albums, one off tracks, remixes etc. Sometimes it's 3 years between albums but even that's pretty standard for most bands etc.

Archived