IGNORED

New album 2015 ?

Guest Joergen

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could hear Exai for the first time again, but knowing that I'd end up loving it. (When I first heard FLeure I was thinking 'who the hell would listen to this garbage') But hey whatever comes next will be my first real release experience from Autechre. RDJ and BoC have had their fun, now it's your turn sean and rob

I agree FLeure was an intense opening track, I dedicated a whole day of listening to the album when I got my copy. It was my first autechre release I really listened to it with fresh and eager ears. Since exai I've revisited all their releases and applied the same deserved attention and respect, also in FLAC which made the experience even that much better. There's nothing else I'm looking forward to the most than their next release - that and perhaps seen them live. God damn it I can't take the wait...

FLeure was one of the first that "worked" for me w that album. didnt really get into the album for reeal until a month or so later.

Interestingly, I still don't really dig that track. Maybe some day it will click with me but so far it's probably my least fav on the album.

In Fleure i have heard a call to Xanopticon: schizophrenic percussion in contrast with a solemn and resigned motive. But Fleure has the onerous task of opening the way for irlite... It does so with all the determination of the case, in my opinion.

SOOOO with the autechre 2015 tour... They're stopping by Vancouver and I'm thinking of flying out to see it but... I'm a noob can someone fill me in on autechre live shows?

As I understand it they seem to have two flavours: just regular DJ sets, and others are like exclusive material/autechre fuckery (ala the quaristice tour). Is that right?

what is this 2015 tour all about then, which flavour do you suppose?

SOOOO with the autechre 2015 tour... They're stopping by Vancouver and I'm thinking of flying out to see it but... I'm a noob can someone fill me in on autechre live shows?

As I understand it they seem to have two flavours: just regular DJ sets, and others are like exclusive material/autechre fuckery (ala the quaristice tour). Is that right?

I don't think they've done a lot of regular DJ sets except for the stream marathon every new album release the last ten years (or more?)? They've always produced music exclusively for live gigs, mostly patterns and bits so each gig has similar elements but not exactly the same. Some elements being used on an album later on. They've done that since at least the late 90's, maybe earlier.

If the set last November is any indication for the set in 2015, then you are in for madness / a total treat.

I don't think they've done a lot of regular DJ sets except for the stream marathon every new album release the last ten years (or more?)? They've always produced music exclusively for live gigs, mostly patterns and bits so each gig has similar elements but not exactly the same. Some elements being used on an album later on. They've done that since at least the late 90's, maybe earlier.

If the set last November is any indication for the set in 2015, then you are in for madness / a total treat.

yes that's what I mean by "regular live set"

Ok. You've got my attention. lol!

I suppose I'll have a better idea as soon as the tour starts and some vids get up on youtube. I think I'm going either way. They are rarely on this side of the country.

<3

Ok. You've got my attention. lol!

I suppose I'll have a better idea as soon as the tour starts and some vids get up on youtube. I think I'm going either way. They are rarely on this side of the country.

You should! You'll regret it forever if you skip that one :) this is the gig I attended recently:

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'd prefer another single album from ae this year. Exai was great, but I prefer the format they took with Quaristice, where it was a regular album with about 4 hours of alternate versions and bonus material.

im going to go out on a limb and suggest that Cygnus being the opener cygnifies that this might be one of the most dancey/straight forward Autechre live tours since Untilted 2005? As much as i loved the Krakow set I hope this is something totally different, although i would still love to hear that set in person on a giant system

im going to go out on a limb and suggest that Cygnus being the opener cygnifies that this might be one of the most dancey/straight forward Autechre live tours since Untilted 2005? As much as i loved the Krakow set I hope this is something totally different, although i would still love to hear that set in person on a giant system

Any recs on Cygnus? I wanna get into them before the shows

Archived