IGNORED

Black Devil Disco Club — S/T

ascdi

Just saw this and the other two releases in the store:

http://www.anthologyrecordings.com/albums/disco-club/

The samples sound pretty nice, at least in that there are more tracks now than the Rephlex "reissue" (which was only 2 tracks for some reason), and they appear to have been re-re-mastered once again or something. Anyway the sound sounds pretty clear. No Kerrier District remix this time tho, of course.

Less sure about the other two Fevre re-releases on this label. One is library-style, I guess? Anyone else have any details/opinions?

Picked this up from my local store last week, I'll admit I am not a huge Black Devil fan so it's not as if I have a wide knowledge of his music so can't give a very strong opinion, I was just happy to have a copy of some of these classics on wax. The mastering and pressing is certainly great.

I bought the CD for this and “Suspense”. The remastering job is great, and it’s rad to hear these tracks again, and in context this time. I didn’t realize the two sides of the album were “continuously mixed” (at least in the sense that the songs smoothly segue together). Doubly weird that Rephlex released two tracks separately, then.

Did the world ever decide if this was a hoax (not old, not some French guy actually, etc.) or not? It’s legit, right? Pretty amazing stuff for the year it was originally released…

Did the world ever decide if this was a hoax (not old, not some French guy actually, etc.) or not? It’s legit, right? Pretty amazing stuff for the year it was originally released…

well if it is, it goes deep, because I saw a middle aged French dude sit at a Macbook and perform this stuff at a festival. He even sang the vocals!

edit: Granted that doesn't mean he produced it in the 70s and this was in fact done 00s time, but I'd be amazed if RDJ or any other associated act was the one who produced it, since they'd have to have this French dude going along to perform it

well if it is, it goes deep, because I saw a middle aged French dude sit at a Macbook and perform this stuff at a festival. He even sang the vocals!

edit: Granted that doesn't mean he produced it in the 70s and this was in fact done 00s time, but I'd be amazed if RDJ or any other associated act was the one who produced it, since they'd have to have this French dude going along to perform it

this is not fake, black devil disco club is bernard fevre

yeah, it's definitely NOT fake

I see what you did there

*prints thread, watches ink disappear*

Ha, nice. I saw that in the old thread and, thinking now, I have no idea why I wrote that at the time!

Archived