IGNORED

Fat Shaming?

Audioblysk

But do you get love though?

This thread is now about fart shaming. Ever dropped a fart and got shamed for it? I haven't. Mine smell like flowers eating popcorn.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fart shaming is more contextual though. Shaming of ass gas is usually unnecessary amongst a group of friends all of the same gender, and in fact strengthens their bond and can be commended and respected in some cases. But in a co-ed situation, a single savage, roaring flatus is high risk and can potentially derail an entire party, depending on whether the dealer is discovered.

But do you get love though?

This thread is now about fart shaming. Ever dropped a fart and got shamed for it? I haven't. Mine smell like flowers eating popcorn.

There's a Bob's Burgers episode that ends with fart shaming.

I wish more slightly 'over weight' girls would feel comfortable expressing being sexy, because im frankly tired of seeing skeletons thinking they look sexy, its weird to me.

This.

It seems like a large part of Generation Y thinks that being a victim is the greatest thing you can be. Fat acceptance is pretty toxic.

I know I've a bit after (some) people with obesity in this thread, but this actually warmed my heart quite a bit:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/may/25/dancing-man-fat-shamed-cyberbullies-hollywood-party?CMP=fb_gu

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=dancing_man

*tears out heart and shits on it*

I know I've a bit after (some) people with obesity in this thread, but this actually warmed my heart quite a bit:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/may/25/dancing-man-fat-shamed-cyberbullies-hollywood-party?CMP=fb_gu

that seems embarrasingly patronizing to me, but hey, if he's happy then good for him

The more that this kind of stuff happens, the more that Jon Ronson's newest book So You've Been Publicly Shamed seems apropos. We just love a good public lynching...until we get lynched ourselves, and then do a 180 degree turn, finding it horrifying.

Best to just mind your own business and not judge people you've yet to meet.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22016109

Both drug addiction and obesity can be defined as disorders in which the saliency value of one type of reward (drugs and food, respectively) becomes abnormally enhanced relative to, and at the expense of others. This model is consistent with the fact that both drugs and food have powerful reinforcing effects-partly mediated by dopamine increases in the limbic system-that, under certain circumstances or in vulnerable individuals, could overwhelm the brain's homeostatic control mechanisms. Such parallels have generated significant interest in understanding the shared vulnerabilities and trajectories between addiction and obesity. Now, brain imaging discoveries have started to uncover common features between these two conditions and to delineate some of the overlapping brain circuits whose dysfunctions may explain stereotypic and related behavioral deficits in human subjects. These results suggest that both obese and drug-addicted individuals suffer from impairments in dopaminergic pathways that regulate neuronal systems associated not only with reward sensitivity and incentive motivation, but also with conditioning (memory/learning), impulse control (behavioural inhibition), stress reactivity, and interoceptive awareness. Here, we integrate findings predominantly derived from positron emission tomography that shed light on the role of dopamine in drug addiction and in obesity, and propose an updated working model to help identify treatment strategies that may benefit both of these conditions.

fulltext pdf: http://www.filedropper.com/volkow2012

GJWsCYP.png

53kDeyI.jpg

huxxGjk.jpg

the evolution of food into hyperpalatable monstrosities within the past 100 years has created the framework by which metabolic disorder has been allowed to flourish into a norm. we are now a society sold on convenience and speed, and who are often willingly misled by the marketing efforts of corporate food manufacturers.

"low fat!"
"100% whole wheat" (it's flower you fucktards)

"z-z-z-z-z-zero calorie" (watch a brain on fMRI after slurping one of these.. lol)

"low calorie"

that food and cocaine share very similar neural circuits shouldn't be at all that surprising. experience itself can induce pleasure. fat, sugar, salt, texture, color, and other sensory queues in combination have ratios that transform a food into something much more alluring. food manufacturers have been engaged in arms races for consumer attention. a lot of this scientific knowledge was gleaned from Monell Chemical Senses Center and other research teams. attempts to hook the human mind on cheap and profitable food are not conspiracy theories. i would consider the predatory behavior of food manufacturing giants to be a simple consequence of their conquest for growth, not deliberate attempts to kill people quicker.

i don't mean to undermine personal responsibility with this. ignorance and maybe people learning to helpless is part of it. anyway, that people would convince themselves it's a good thing to be fat is ridiculous. i don't hate fat people though, and part of me sympathizes that it can be so fucking hard sometimes to eat healthy when BULLSHIT IS EVERYWHERE, ON BILLBOARDS, ON RADIO, ON TV, SENDING YOU FUCKING COUPONS IN THE MAIL. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET AWAY FROM THESE CUNTS TRYING TO ASSAULT MY SENSES WITH THEIR BULLSHIT

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22016109

Both drug addiction and obesity can be defined as disorders in which the saliency value of one type of reward (drugs and food, respectively) becomes abnormally enhanced relative to, and at the expense of others. This model is consistent with the fact that both drugs and food have powerful reinforcing effects-partly mediated by dopamine increases in the limbic system-that, under certain circumstances or in vulnerable individuals, could overwhelm the brain's homeostatic control mechanisms. Such parallels have generated significant interest in understanding the shared vulnerabilities and trajectories between addiction and obesity. Now, brain imaging discoveries have started to uncover common features between these two conditions and to delineate some of the overlapping brain circuits whose dysfunctions may explain stereotypic and related behavioral deficits in human subjects. These results suggest that both obese and drug-addicted individuals suffer from impairments in dopaminergic pathways that regulate neuronal systems associated not only with reward sensitivity and incentive motivation, but also with conditioning (memory/learning), impulse control (behavioural inhibition), stress reactivity, and interoceptive awareness. Here, we integrate findings predominantly derived from positron emission tomography that shed light on the role of dopamine in drug addiction and in obesity, and propose an updated working model to help identify treatment strategies that may benefit both of these conditions.

fulltext pdf: http://www.filedropper.com/volkow2012

GJWsCYP.png

53kDeyI.jpg

huxxGjk.jpg

the evolution of food into hyperpalatable monstrosities within the past 100 years has created the framework by which metabolic disorder has been allowed to flourish into a norm. we are now a society sold on convenience and speed, and who are often willingly misled by the marketing efforts of corporate food manufacturers.

"low fat!"

"100% whole wheat" (it's flower you fucktards)

"z-z-z-z-z-zero calorie" (watch a brain on fMRI after slurping one of these.. lol)

"low calorie"

that food and cocaine share very similar neural circuits shouldn't be at all that surprising. experience itself can induce pleasure. fat, sugar, salt, texture, color, and other sensory queues in combination have ratios that transform a food into something much more alluring. food manufacturers have been engaged in arms races for consumer attention. a lot of this scientific knowledge was gleaned from Monell Chemical Senses Center and other research teams. attempts to hook the human mind on cheap and profitable food are not conspiracy theories. i would consider the predatory behavior of food manufacturing giants to be a simple consequence of their conquest for growth, not deliberate attempts to kill people quicker.

i don't mean to undermine personal responsibility with this. ignorance and maybe people learning to helpless is part of it. anyway, that people would convince themselves it's a good thing to be fat is ridiculous. i don't hate fat people though, and part of me sympathizes that it can be so fucking hard sometimes to eat healthy when BULLSHIT IS EVERYWHERE, ON BILLBOARDS, ON RADIO, ON TV, SENDING YOU FUCKING COUPONS IN THE MAIL. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET AWAY FROM THESE CUNTS TRYING TO ASSAULT MY SENSES WITH THEIR BULLSHIT

Best first post

Also, I don't mind the texts from Dominos pizza. I get more texts from them than I do my own familiy.

If I were "Dancing Man" O'Brien, I would've sent all that donation money to the ongoing Nepal earthquake relief effort.

And I can relate 100 percent to wanting to keep a low profile.

I'd take the money but tell them later that I have no self esteem issues and that they are all fake as fuck and peace out.

I don't think any kind of shaming is good for anyone. It just makes people more defensive and militant regarding whatever you're trying to shame them about.

People have their reasons for being how they are. Best thing is to let things take their course, whatever that may imply.

Archived