IGNORED

US dates

Guest pixelives

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Rob Hall completely killed it tonight. Surprise (or did I just not read closely?) guest Laurel Halo!

Is she touring with them? Is there a chance that she'll be at the Chicago show on Tuesday, too?

Actually Rob Hall completely killed it tonight. Surprise (or did I just not read closely?) guest Laurel Halo!

Is she touring with them? Is there a chance that she'll be at the Chicago show on Tuesday, too?

No I think it was just a decibel thing. She wasn't at Portland or Vancouver.

No I think it was just a decibel thing. She wasn't at Portland or Vancouver.

Ah, oh well. Still looking forward to Tuesday, obviously. Thanks for the info.

Not gonna lie, there were times where I felt a 'fight or flight' kinda feeling in the AE set. So brutal. It was pretty intense and for someone who's a casual AE fan - it made me like them even more. Rob put on a few amazing DJ sets and then blocked my view for a while during AE. I forgive him, also it was pretty dark

Cygnus killed it too. Holy shit how is he not more popular with the IDM/acid/electro scene?! It was fun to watch him interact with the crowd and get into his tunes. I know it's a faux-pas with electronic performers, but for that dude to be sequencing live and partying with the crowd, it really added to the vibe he brought. He played a 'trap' song, but it was done up in a super interesting way that completely flipped the mold of the common sound in that genre. Lovely really

It was awesome to see y'all up there and put some faces to the usernames. Next time there's a big show we gotta meet up again!

I can confirm that, multiple people were really lost. There was one dude in front of the group that was stuck in some hardcore loops. He kept turning and gazing into the crowd/my soul in a weird repeated motion with the craziest look of joy/sadness/emptiness. I was a little messed myself so it was giving me really odd vibes lol. Luckily, Stephen boxed his ass out once he started wandering. Closing my eyes and seeing/feeling the sound was utterly alien.

Oh man. The cybergoth couple in front of us. You'd think it was a super meta act... The chick was dancing in like 1/8 time akin to a slo-mo robot and the dude was having some sort of fit while trying to engulf her physically from above. Fuckin' mental.

(note to cybergoth couple ~ if you're reading this, I don't dislike you and keep on truckin'... or whatever it is people drive in the matrix. But, while I was on drugs and being aurally assaulted in the most sublime way, you were very entertaining to occasionally glance at)

I didn't really see any of that, might have been further back in the room. I can certainly understand how that would happen though.

There were moments I was standing there just slack-jawed trying to comprehend (and failing) what the fuck was going on. Haven't seen AE play in a long ass time, and they killed it even harder. It helped that the room was really well balanced. I was worried my ears were gonna be toast (forgot earplugs), but that was a gorgeous setup.

Also fully agree with Audioblysk about Cygnus - dude was all kinds of freaky fun, all in the good way. He put on a great live show.

Rob Hall as usual, killed it with his sets.

JE - looking forward to hearing your take on the LA show.

I can confirm that, multiple people were really lost. There was one dude in front of the group that was stuck in some hardcore loops. He kept turning and gazing into the crowd/my soul in a weird repeated motion with the craziest look of joy/sadness/emptiness. I was a little messed myself so it was giving me really odd vibes lol. Luckily, Stephen boxed his ass out once he started wandering. Closing my eyes and seeing/feeling the sound was utterly alien.

Oh man. The cybergoth couple in front of us. You'd think it was a super meta act... The chick was dancing in like 1/8 time akin to a slo-mo robot and the dude was having some sort of fit while trying to engulf her physically from above. Fuckin' mental.

(note to cybergoth couple ~ if you're reading this, I don't dislike you and keep on truckin'... or whatever it is people drive in the matrix. But, while I was on drugs and being aurally assaulted in the most sublime way, you were very entertaining to occasionally glance at)

Hahah yeah that couple was intense. I kept thinking of the Dank Memes thread though...

Also yes totally forgot about red shirt dude, and then there was a guy who kept staggering through like he was deep in a k-hole. He would stagger about a foot, stand there and sway, looking about in an abstract manner for about 10 minutes, then stagger on another foot or two.

The show was insane, it was really nice to meet so many of you and put faces to the screen names. All three acts were immense. The autechre show was mind blowing. Lots started with a hip hop beat and then quickly morphed into things barely describable. Lots of points in the set it was just a big wall of alien noise lol. 10088388 out of 10

i live around SF, but now that you've mentioned it I probably should have bought tickets for LA too, its only a 1 hour flight from here.

Im usually not the type of person to see a show twice in a row, but I just saw Norm Macdonald do stand up twice in a row and it was fucking awesome, so why not Autechre? Someone told me to enjoy my 'dry beats and dry comedy'

i live around SF, but now that you've mentioned it I probably should have bought tickets for LA too, its only a 1 hour flight from here.

Im usually not the type of person to see a show twice in a row, but I just saw Norm Macdonald do stand up twice in a row and it was fucking awesome, so why not Autechre? Someone told me to enjoy my 'dry beats and dry comedy'

tickets still left!

Oh for some reason I thought you lived in LA. Anyways, Sweepstakes reckons that Vancouver was around 70% different from the Seattle show, so if it's feasible you should def check out going to both. I'm really wishing I could have gone to Seattle as well.

Let's hope there's some good soundboards from this tour.

Sean Pls?

Archived