IGNORED

US dates

Guest pixelives

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm spending a total of $300 for airfare + a hotel for the night to attend the Denver show. Oh god... Only $30 of this is going to AE, probably only $15 if the venue takes half. Kind of disappointing more couldn't go to sean n rob lol

holy fuck balls i cant wait

twas there merch? did they mingle? did they bring the donk!?

The merch was two shirts: one grey that says AUTECHRE in the font on their autechre.ws site, the other black with a thing that says AENA/2015 on the back, also in the font.

They were also selling Cygnus vinyls for both his LP and his 7". Autechre had BasscadEP, Quaristice, Untilted, and the EP Boxset.

Cygnus mingled a little, Autechre didn't. They walked on stage to set their stuff up after Cygnus's show, walked back to the performer's room, the lights went out and they walked on and played. After the show and during the ovation, they both waved and gave a small smile before ducking back to the room again.

They played some really dancey bits, but whenever they did, it'd last about 30 seconds to 2 minutes at most before morphing into something completely different. It was pretty staggering how much it changed throughout the show, really. Lot of really cool sounds. They did bring the Autechre donk with a lot of percussive noises reminiscent of Draft, Untilted, and Quaristice on there, with the rest of the sounds being logical progressions from Exai/L-Event, it was very "wall-of-sound" at times. Really fucking good.

Awesome. Was the set basically the same they've been touring the last few months, or have you not heard any of the bootlegs?

I listened to none of the bootlegs.

Autechre had BasscadEP, Quaristice, Untilted, and the EP Boxset.

Any of these happen to be in 12"x12" packaging? ;)

Damn I'm so pumped for this

Nope, all CD formats.

How long did the supporting acts play for?

Rob Hall played for an hour, then during all down times. Cygnus played for about 45 minutes and Autechre played for pretty much an hour on the dot.

The Seattle set was more similar to the Krakow bootleg. I think that "guitar" thing was actually in there but it was more filtered/processed (so it was almost unrecognizable) and buried in the mix.

I only saw that Cygnus vinyl on sale in Portland and the guy James I talked to said it wasn't on sale the first night.

Going on an AE fast until the Austin show, I think.

he he same here....

Has anyone been to this new Vulcan Gas Company place? Curious about the sound system.....

altho tbh we never really sound very good on f1

didn't know where else to drop this but i dont remember seeing it posted here before. Basically its an advertisement from Bloc that has an actual soundboard quality rip/bit in it from the Krakow set, sounds fucking great

just more reason why this material and all their other live stuff since Untilted would sound incredible if released like this.

Guys, anyone knows how one enters brooklyn show? I bought a ticket a century ago and only got a confirmation, i.e. no ticket to print/QR code or smth. FAQ of the le poisson rouge says that it's "will call", am I right that it means they'll have a list of names of people who bought tickets and they'll check it with ID? Worrying a little since I am doing over 10.000 km for the show

Yeah "will call" means you show up at the box office with your ID and get your tickets.

Or even just a list of names at the door is how it sometimes works at more low key brooklyn shows.

Just checked my email receipt, you could have that email which has a confirmation code on hand just in case, but as long as you have id for whomever bought tickets you should be set.

yeah, bring the email, don't fuck that shit up, the email brother. you may not have a printer when you get there, the internets might not work on your phone, printout the printout.

not kidding

also, i flew 1200 k's for a mr. bungle set and then they didn't let me in because i'd forgotten my ID at home, the pain. Then someone's ex-girlfriend tried to pick me up at the bar i went to instead and i didn't take the hint, was a night of fail.

also, i flew 1200 k's for a mr. bungle set and then they didn't let me in because i'd forgotten my ID at home, the pain. Then someone's ex-girlfriend tried to pick me up at the bar i went to instead and i didn't take the hint, was a night of fail.

damn delet, that blows.

but yeah definitely bring the printout

I'm hoping SF ends up being a bit more beat forward than the Dekmantel set. If only because that was a little too far on the deconstructionist tip for my girlfriend and I'm bringing along a lot of my friends who have initially discovered electronic music through this last wave of mainstream shit, but have now moved onto proper techno and house.

I guess I'll just tell them to take psychedelics beforehand.

Guest bitroast

didn't know where else to drop this but i dont remember seeing it posted here before. Basically its an advertisement from Bloc that has an actual soundboard quality rip/bit in it from the Krakow set, sounds fucking great

just more reason why this material and all their other live stuff since Untilted would sound incredible if released like this.

sean (and rob) pls.

I'm hoping SF ends up being a bit more beat forward than the Dekmantel set. If only because that was a little too far on the deconstructionist tip for my girlfriend and I'm bringing along a lot of my friends who have initially discovered electronic music through this last wave of mainstream shit, but have now moved onto proper techno and house.

I guess I'll just tell them to take psychedelics beforehand.

I wouldn't recommend taking psychedelics before Utrecht show 100% (irreparable damage alert), and I think they've become even harder

ahh cool, the predicted electronic boom is imminent. hehhhhhh ..

this happens though, these cycles, and the progenitors of scene get wheeled out and make more money than they did the first time around. So bring it on. /will sell self as undiscovered first wave gem ..

yeah, bring the email, don't fuck that shit up, the email brother. you may not have a printer when you get there, the internets might not work on your phone, printout the printout.

not kidding

So they let you on a plane without ID but not a Bungle concert

Archived