IGNORED

US dates

Guest pixelives

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, at this point in time, is there anyone who doesn't know that AE play live in the dark?

TBH it wasn't even that dark, the spots at the base of the terracotta warriors that line the wall gave some ambient lighting.

Anyways, I too would be interested in babby who make music like that.

Just want to say, US chums - loving the reviews and whatnots........Ae are so intense and its really cool to read about em across the globe.

Yeah, I'm liking these reports, especially knowing that they've enhanced the set from last year. Getting me extra pumped up for seeing them in November.

Oh man. The cybergoth couple in front of us. You'd think it was a super meta act... The chick was dancing in like 1/8 time akin to a slo-mo robot and the dude was having some sort of fit while trying to engulf her physically from above. Fuckin' mental.

(note to cybergoth couple ~ if you're reading this, I don't dislike you and keep on truckin'... or whatever it is people drive in the matrix. But, while I was on drugs and being aurally assaulted in the most sublime way, you were very entertaining to occasionally glance at)

omflol. I'm so sad I didn't notice the cybergoth couple.

I didn't really see any of that, might have been further back in the room. I can certainly understand how that would happen though.

There were moments I was standing there just slack-jawed trying to comprehend (and failing) what the fuck was going on. Haven't seen AE play in a long ass time, and they killed it even harder. It helped that the room was really well balanced. I was worried my ears were gonna be toast (forgot earplugs), but that was a gorgeous setup.

I kept stepping on someone's shoes and every time I looked over and it was Red Shirt Dude, lol. I didn't look at his face, I was just like, oh yeah, you again.

And yeah trying to figure out what the fuck was going on, that's totally it. Their music machine is about to become sentient. IDM Skynet.

Definitely pounding and a shit ton of impressive stuff. Funny to watch people insist that they were going to dance to it (Seattle). Opening acts were good, really loved Rob Hall's set. Wish I could find more or his mixes online somewheres. Somebody mentioned bootlegs of the recent AE shows...links pleez?

Is it likely the weekday-shows will be a bit shorter than the weekend shows?

Philly show is a Tuesday and I have early work Wednesday am

Plus have to drive ~1hr to get back home post show

I mean, I'm staying till Ae finish but I could be nice to get some sleep that night

side question: anybody having success sneaking in vape-pen weed/thc wax smoking technology into some of these more locked down security clubs? A friend of mine who has a Pax says he's been able to smoke it in every single club he's gone to and no one noticed, i find that a little bit hard to believe but maybe hes not bullshitting?

side question 2: anyone ever tried throwing weed or joints at autechre on stage? people do this all the time at reggae concerts or like with Primus, im just curious if Sean and Rob would respond well to the approach

either way i think ive decided to take shrooms instead of dxm

I mean, I'm staying till Ae finish but I could be nice to get some sleep that night

I drove to Canada, got in a cab after getting into the hotel, had watmm times with watmmers, ate drugs, stayed out until 2 with watmmers/at the show and didn't sleep until 4, woke up two hours later, drove 3 hours home and then worked 8 hours crunching numbers.

You'll be fine, the show was around 4 hours and was totally worth it. Chalk it up to seeing a legend and tell your coworkers to fuck off by playing gantz graf at loud volumes while drawing the same circle over and over on a piece of paper until you go through your desk

side question: anybody having success sneaking in vape-pen weed/thc wax smoking technology into some of these more locked down security clubs? A friend of mine who has a Pax says he's been able to smoke it in every single club he's gone to and no one noticed, i find that a little bit hard to believe but maybe hes not bullshitting?

side question 2: anyone ever tried throwing weed or joints at autechre on stage? people do this all the time at reggae concerts or like with Primus, im just curious if Sean and Rob would respond well to the approach

I brought in a vape-pen. I took mushrooms, kratom and the pen over the border (I know, shut up and don't lecture me) and used them at/before the show. I think you'll be fine, but I didn't get patted down. I doubt they'd do anything about it unless your city has a specific law agains vaping in a bar/venue.

Shrooms would be preferred, high dose DXM in a crowd with that fucking barrage of awesome would make me want to lay down and drool personally

There was someone smoking at every show we went to. A dude next to us in Seattle was smoking a joint the whole time like he was in his living room. Security pointed flashlights into the crowd. Not even sure if it was about him, I think they were more concerned about photography but it was too dense for them to get in and he was pretty well buried in the crowd anyway. I'd think Pax/MFLB/etc would be a piece of cake but I'm sure it's down to the venue. The towns we were in are all very weed-friendly.

I only really noticed the security in Seattle and I think that had more to do with Decibel than anything. They were checking people's bags and stuff. Never been there before though, maybe that's just how they roll.

I would be a little leery of throwing random objects at the stage. You might run into Sean or Rob before/after the gig and I'd think that'd be a good time to share.

I brought in a vape-pen. I took mushrooms, kratom and the pen over the border (I know, shut up and don't lecture me) and used them at/before the show. I think you'll be fine, but I didn't get patted down. I doubt they'd do anything about it unless your city has a specific law agains vaping in a bar/venue.

Shrooms would be preferred, high dose DXM in a crowd with that fucking barrage of awesome would make me want to lay down and drool personally

you've got much bigger balls than I. in san francisco (where weed is pretty much legalized/decriminalized) only like 2 of the bigger clubs actually let people smoke weed inside, most of them let you smoke weed outside now, a relatively new thing.

Show starts at 8:30, you probably won't get out until 12:30AM. I took Wednesday off. If you can take a nap in the afternoon before the show, that really helps. I have a similar drive time, luckily traffic is nonexistent heading out of Philly after midnight.

It's only almost a week away, it seems like I've been waiting for even longer than four incredibly long months.

So exaited for boston show less than one week :nyan:

Anyone down for the meet up? I'm traveling up from Providence area solo after the 2 IRL friends I have that are also into autechre bailed. Aparently Usagi and Lopez are doing the Bk-Bos baek-2-baek, n Candi.ru gonna be there as well. Will definitely be blazing beforehand too :cisfor:

Definitely pounding and a shit ton of impressive stuff. Funny to watch people insist that they were going to dance to it (Seattle). Opening acts were good, really loved Rob Hall's set. Wish I could find more or his mixes online somewheres. Somebody mentioned bootlegs of the recent AE shows...links pleez?

Search the music discussion forum, there's a thread about dj rob hall his various mixes out there. Around 2007 or so he did a 12-month mix series (one each month) that was totes mcmazeballs, pretty sure some good watmmer recently re-uploaded them to a file host service somewhere but if not I can prolly oblige ya.

Sweepstakes and I attended the first three shows of the tour lineup and Ae pretty much killed it every time. There was some overlap in the sounds they were churning out, but it was mostly different every performance. Cygnus and Rob Hall were solid. Laurel Halo was good too, though she only performed in Seattle.

The Holocene in Portland was the most laid-back of the three venues we went to I thought. That's where I bought my tour shirt. I thought the Seattle venue sounded the best, but didn't care much for the venue itself for some reason - maybe it was the strung-out crowd that just in a trance-like state staring at the floor when Ae played. Vancouver is where I had the most fun, mainly because we already came in a WATMM pack. And yes, I was directly behind the cybergoth couple and got flanked by Red Shirt. Why he drifted like a buoy, standing perpendicular to the rest of the crowd, I don't understand. But I did not hold back in dancing that time. It was also nice to see Cygnus loosen up a bit and dance on stage too, even after a brief technical slip-up.

Overall, no regrets about going.

Going on an AE fast until the Austin show, I think.

he he same here....

Has anyone been to this new Vulcan Gas Company place? Curious about the sound system.....

altho tbh we never really sound very good on f1

I've not been there, I'm quite unfamiliar with Austin actually. Couldn't find much online about the venue save for some history of they copped the name from some old club that was popular 30+ years ago, and it is/was 'steampunk-themed' :cerious:

I've only been to Austin once, so if anyone wants to meet up for a bit beforehand and hang out drop me a line. Despite my girlfriend being from there, I don't actually know anyone in the area.

Archived