IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

so, is it just me that thinks umil 25-01 is kinda average? sounds lush, beats are great but melody not really ticking any boxes.

perhaps it's a grower.

no, that's not what she said.

WITCH!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, is it just me that thinks umil 25-01 is kinda average? sounds lush, beats are great but melody not really ticking any boxes.

perhaps it's a grower.

no, that's not what she said.

I do like it quite a bit, but I hope it's not brand new. Was kinda hoping we were past this sound now (I think the radio guy said it was new? Even though it's a bonus to ods 06-08. I remember Richard saying in a Syro interview that he's onto something completely different and new now. I want something mind-blowing. A new windowlicker. A new RDJ Album. Just something big and fresh.

Umil 25-01 sounds mega-fresh to my ears. Minimal and groovy as duck. Oh and I love those drums.

If it's as recent as it likely is, then I can't wait to hear the Aphex Twin tracks (if any) from that same batch.

In defence of the badly named Dean Carbin i didn't think the new track was that great on first listen. Then enter the male Jess Cortez's with the ''how can you complain about this track, he's giving it away for free!''

Poor form.

I find the end of umil 25 horrifying, some of richard's most horror film tracks of all time. I don't even know why at all

I also didn't like it much on first listen because my first listen was on that radio show in shit quality when you can't hear the details

But upon more listens of HQ this trash is LUSH AS FUCK, oh my god. Holy fuck

Richard is the master at not pouring on the syrup but instead making you wait for it so it's 100x better when you finally get it. I think this is his main appeal for me, or an absolutely massive part of what makes him so good

In defence of the badly named Dean Carbin i didn't think the new track was that great on first listen. Then enter the male Jess Cortez's with the ''how can you complain about this track, he's giving it away for free!''

Poor form.

blame my parents for the first half. the second bit's my fault . I've asked Joyrex to let me change it but he wouldn't let me (even though other peeps seem to have changed theirs).

Edit: thanks

Hehehe, the point is Dean you should be allowed to express your opinion on a track whether it's free or not. So feel free to dislike it or find it average without pressure from some guys on a forum. I found it pretty meh on first listen, enjoying it more after 4 pints of cider though. Dean, Maybe grab some cider tomorrow night and re-assess.

Guest bitroast

Poor form.

genuine lol.

ok. i take it back. please feel free to complain and express opinions, even if they're weird opinions like 'this track given away for free is underwhelming'.

Really sorry for pissing all over everybody's cereal, folks.

I'll force myself to enjoy all future tracks to avoid contradicting the herd (especially those that I receive as bonus tracks when I purchase the associated release) and if I don't rate them higher than "average" then I'll keep my opinion to myself to avoid being ostracised and/or sworn at.

PS Upon reflection, my half-arsed review contributed zero to the discussion and I now see that with crystal clarity. Noted.

PPS I'm sure we all agree the new (also free) modular tracks are fucking ace, ya?

entitled cunts

harsh.

i shall rephrase my original comment - i don't enjoy the bonus track as much as the rest of ODS. it's decent but I prefer the rest of the EP.

not you, the guy who said he needed a masterpiece or some shit like that, i dont even know what that means.

Richard's comments on SC follow a very loose "different strokes for different folks" mentality

He would look down on attacking people for disliking a track. I mean don't be disrespectful and insult it but it's okay to not like it

I didn't like it at first now I think it's amazing. Some of his best stuff I didn't like at first. I didn't like drukqs at first I thought I'd just listen once and never listen again. But I've now listened so many times and it's my favorite album of all time, of all time!

entitled cunts

Yeah reading back I do kinda sound like that. Sorry. I do like the track, and I loved ods, and I'll continue to buy everything he releases. I appreciate everything. I guess I'm just overly-excited to hear his newer stuff after reading that interview. I recall him saying MARCHROMT30A is one of the most recent ones, and that track is absolutely amazing.

entitled cunts

harsh.

i shall rephrase my original comment - i don't enjoy the bonus track as much as the rest of ODS. it's decent but I prefer the rest of the EP.

not you, the guy who said he needed a masterpiece or some shit like that, i dont even know what that means.

That's not what I meant at all. Christ. I wasn't saying "Fuck off with this free track richard u piece of shit", I was saying I hope his next album is like nothing we've ever heard before. Gah. It's so hard to get across the tone of what I'm saying over text.

Archived