IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

Can't lie though. ODS isn't really my thing. Not saying I'm 180˚ out of phase because it certainly has its bright spots (definitely including those melting bees) and some cool songs, but overall this release doesn't resonate with me as much as others. With a soundsmith like Richard who's as adventurous as he is mutable you kind of come to expect it from time to time.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the idea that the first 3 tracks are all different parts of the same piece, seems entirely intentional and they all build on the foundation of the previous track.

Do these guys actually listen to/like electronic music? It says "Doesn't normally enjoy dance albums" on his review of the Chemical Brothers so perhaps the orphaned ep isn't his thing? I noticed he's a Paul Weller fan. That might be the problem. :emotawesomepm9:

"orphaned deejay selek" should be played ANNOYINGLY LOUD on a big system. I respect his/their opinion and gently rest my case as the huge fanboy I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zni9jjftw4s

That guy needs to rack up bigger lines or sum ting. His shtick really isn't very funny...and I should know as I am (a) very funny and (b) an arm-chair comedy critic.

2/10

crazy how wrecked british look, dude looks like a 3rd stage 40 year old american alaskan alcoholic

oberheim blacet is truly some of his best work ever

i cant even fully say how much yet but holy fuck, absolutely 100% the standout of this ep by a massive margin. FUCK!!!!

i will say I find the rest a bit weak in comparison to oberheim but thats just my initial impression on my first full listen.

HOLY FUCK OBERHEIM its amazing

Guest jeremyrivers

To me, ODS is like if you ran Daft Punk's "Homework" through an RDJ acid analord brilliance filter. I just love this ep so much, not more than Syro like Anthony but definitely a bit more than CCAI2. I agree fully with the above statement about oberheim blacet it certainly is the stand out track to me as well. :ok:

I just got a feeling that Fantano has his dopper out while doing this review. He's walking about, doing a little jig here and there and his cock is waving about. Check out his expression at 38 seconds.

Very dodgy character imo and not to be trusted and also goes with his opinions on music.

I still haven't gotten the release, because where i ordered it from on the day the release, as they didn't have it in, still hasn't gotten it. Maybe the distributor didn't ship enough into the country, i suspect after drum demo probably not doing so well that they didn't order too hard for this one, -sie-. nwae, i'm going to get it from rocking horse today, cause they said that they were getting a couple of cd's in, and the other people have pushed it back to wednesday and frankly that's no longer acceptable, i've been nice enough about it whilst getting mucked around for long enough.

I still haven't gotten the release, because where i ordered it from on the day the release, as they didn't have it in, still hasn't gotten it. Maybe the distributor didn't ship enough into the country, i suspect after drum demo probably not doing so well that they didn't order too hard for this one, -sie-. nwae, i'm going to get it from rocking horse today, cause they said that they were getting a couple of cd's in, and the other people have pushed it back to wednesday and frankly that's no longer acceptable, i've been nice enough about it whilst getting mucked around for long enough.

Still waiting for mine to come in the mail before listening too, plenty of AFX material to tide me over anyway.

oberheim blacet1b at 1:00

0AZnj2E.gif

Yep, and at 2:25!

Oberheim is definitely my favorite on this release. Simple Slamming B 2 is a close second. It took a while for me to form a real opinion of this record, but now I think I can easily say that it's one of my favorites this year. It doesn't compare to Syro, in my opinion, but it's still pretty good. It sounds like Confederation Trough in a lot of places, an EP that I honestly don't love (strange because I do absolutely adore Rushup Edge), even though I can say that I enjoy ODS a lot more. It may take me some time to decide where it lies in the pantheon of AFX releases. Its brevity is probably the worst part of it, but that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: The best track is actually umil 25-01.... I guess it really doesn't fit on this record, though, which is why it's not on it.......

I stuck umil 25-01 at the end and think it works a treat & really adds to the ep. I wasn't mega impressed by this ep at first but its really grown on me. Despite being relatively simple theres some beautiful subtle stuff going on. Also love the first 3 run of tracks just for some wicked tear out afx acid!

why didn't you order a CD from blerp like i did? i know they are slack now, but they credited everyone with the bonus track and you get a free sticker

why didn't you order a CD from blerp like i did? i know they are slack now, but they credited everyone with the bonus track and you get a free sticker

Don't put the boot in man. Seriouslor

Archived