IGNORED

Hangable Auto Bulb 20th Anniversary

Rubin Farr

Hanging with a mate today, and he was spinning Every Day as I walked in "you realize this record is 20 years old right?" Jeez time flies, the turning point of the AFX sound, hard to find then, and little known, no internets to scour. My local import record shop couldn't even find a listing, much less understand the title I was looking for. I think it was released October correct? At least part 1.

(I realize Every Day is part 2 before the peanut gallery corrects me)

Yup, 10/10. One of my alltime fave releases. I remember the quest of collecting all HAB tracks on P2P's around 2001, took me ages. Still have those files, including the mistakes made by someone doing the vinyl rip :)

Was lucky enough to get the second HAB 12" for only 10 pounds last month, very happy with it. Only need the first 12" now (have the CD too obviously)...

Guest MetalFaced

luv them mashed potatoes.

Probably the aphex project im least familiar with, gotta give it a few re listens.

Was lucky enough to get the second HAB 12" for only 10 pounds last month, very happy with it. Only need the first 12" now (have the CD too obviously)...

Had a similar experience maybe half a year ago - got an unplayed HAB2 off ebay for $10! Still waitin on a cheap copy of the first one to show up somewhere.

The HAB releases are soooooo fucking good. Recently got them both on vinyl and they sound amazing.

When it comes to the individual tracks Arched Maid via Rdj is one of my all time fav rdj tracks.

But what also hits my sweet spot inside my brain somewhere is the percussions at the end of Wabby Legs, every time i hear that part I feel my brain tickle in an amazing way :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Laughable Butane Bob is my favorite track, but the whole thing is perfect.

HABby Anniversary, still brilliant every time I listen! I just dug through a crate, rounded up the old gang and took a quick trip down memory lane :)

Had a similar experience maybe half a year ago - got an unplayed HAB2 off ebay for $10! Still waitin on a cheap copy of the first one to show up somewhere.

Never seen an unplayed HAB2, nice find! The bottom copy is still in original shrink wrap after all these years (not for sale :biggrin: )

XCkUD06.png

does anyone else's HAB 1 have dings in the vinyl they filled in with that toothpaste looking stuff? When I got this back circa 1998, I was like WTF, and proceeded to clean it out with a cloth, only then realizing there were sizeable dings in the vinyl, they had tried to fix it for me and my dumbass undid it. My CD was also the misprint with tracks 7 and 8 reversed, so both of my copies were borked lol

Guest bitroast

Yup, 10/10. One of my alltime fave releases. I remember the quest of collecting all HAB tracks on P2P's around 2001, took me ages. Still have those files, including the mistakes made by someone doing the vinyl rip :)

lol yes. so many people had these rips!! was funny meeting up with fellow idm people/watmmers, etc in real IRL and at one point or another having the "you had those hangable auto bulb dodgy vinyl rips too ???" "you also didn't realise hangable auto bulb (the song) was skipping during the dodgy vinyl rip and thought it was some ultra experimental track that didn't abide by regular track time signatures, too ???" conversation

this album is a slap, a revolution, a shit who has class, daring, and did not really old because I listen again and again and I never get tired!

that's about the best review anyone could ever write about this album :beer:

isn't the urban myth that Richard was inspired by seeing Tom Jenkinson play live in clubs, and that set him on this path? Feed Me Weird Things has that whole diatribe in the liner notes. The Plug EPs are the best dnb Luke ever did IMO, especially the first one.

Archived