IGNORED

Arturia Software is 50% off at the moment

digman

the next obvious move for Arturia would be to make a digitally controlled Nord Modular G2 style except completely analogue box.

couldn't they just build a 3u rack unit with every resistor and capacitor used in every eurorack module in existence on huge breadboards inside it that and hook that up to a modular VSTi ?

somebody should do that, not saying it wouldn't be difficult, but just wire the relays so no out of range voltages hit any components. then you could just load up any analogue circuit you want in the VSTi, and the relays would connect your real, actual analogue circuit in the hardware, giving you any analogue synth in history.

The free version of oscillot is fully functional, there's just a limit to polyphony and the selection of modules.

the next obvious move for Arturia would be to make a digitally controlled Nord Modular G2 style except completely analogue box.

couldn't they just build a 3u rack unit with every resistor and capacitor used in every eurorack module in existence on huge breadboards inside it that and hook that up to a modular VSTi ?

somebody should do that, not saying it wouldn't be difficult, but just wire the relays so no out of range voltages hit any components. then you could just load up any analogue circuit you want in the VSTi, and the relays would connect your real, actual analogue circuit in the hardware, giving you any analogue synth in history.

That sounds utterly ridiculous, but would be hilarious if it were actually possible

That sounds utterly ridiculous, but would be hilarious if it were actually possible

oh it's possible. and I can't wait till somebody does it, but they will because anytime i imagine something original, 10 million other people get credit for it before i do, afraid to google sometimes because of that.

I did like their minimoog and jupiter 8

Being able to switch the minimoog to poly is something I like. I know it's not really what it's supposed to do, I just like it

Yee, figured out how my Modular V works and I got a half chub when i found the poly switch

Being able to switch the minimoog to poly is something I like. I know it's not really what it's supposed to do, I just like it

Yee, figured out how my Modular V works and I got a half chub when i found the poly switch

One of my favorite pad's is a patch I spent about 2 hours making in the Modular V. That thing sounds amazing.

Polyphony is pretty nifty - with big-ol patches with tons of modulation, a pad can become a whole tune!

I know analog synth purists seem to think that you only need one voice to make a synth fun or functional, I don't disagree with them, but with polyphony it makes a world of difference for the way I make music. I love monstrous polys with 6+ voices and a ton of routing options and don't really bitch about the price - you get what you pay for.

One of my favorite pad's is a patch I spent about 2 hours making in the Modular V. That thing sounds amazing.

Polyphony is pretty nifty - with big-ol patches with tons of modulation, a pad can become a whole tune!

I know analog synth purists seem to think that you only need one voice to make a synth fun or functional, I don't disagree with them, but with polyphony it makes a world of difference for the way I make music. I love monstrous polys with 6+ voices and a ton of routing options and don't really bitch about the price - you get what you pay for.

I'm listening to these guys less and less these days. I know you can create fat chords in mono by tuning all the oscillators but poly is great in that you can change intervals on the fly

i think 3d printing could be great for this sort of thing skibs. we'll have to see where the tech goes i guess.

it actually probably wouldn't be so hard since the logic stuff could all be on a microprocessor, and only the oscillators and filters and EG's LFO's and the signal path need to be analogue. the only trick would be the patch matrix to give each resistor, capacitor, transistor, etc their ins and outs.

• 1 year later...

Archived