IGNORED

Rustie - EVENIFUDONTBELIEVE

lol, this thread is funny... yeah the title, track titles, artwork is all horrible. Any other artist and I would stay WELL AWAY from it, but it works for Rustie.. that's just kinda what he's about. And it actually matches the music. I'm not gonna say he's brilliant or anything but I like his music and this new album is a lot along the same lines as Glass Swords, which was awesome. I can certainly understand why a lot of you guys would hate it, but for anyone else who's curious - if you liked that album I have no doubt you'll like this one.

lol, this thread is funny... yeah the title, track titles, artwork is all horrible. Any other artist and I would stay WELL AWAY from it, but it works for Rustie.. that's just kinda what he's about. And it actually matches the music. I'm not gonna say he's brilliant or anything but I like his music and this new album is a lot along the same lines as Glass Swords, which was awesome. I can certainly understand why a lot of you guys would hate it, but for anyone else who's curious - if you liked that album I have no doubt you'll like this one.

This one is a lot closer to glass sword than green language is.

this is getting even better with more plays....wait, this in an EP?.. looks like a full length album to me.

There's an awful musty jaded smell around here.

jad·ed
ˈjādəd/
adjective
  1. tired, bored, or lacking enthusiasm

Fitting for Rusties boring, tired, crappy music. :cisfor:

lol, your an ass. this shit is hot to trot, boi

lol

I tried to listen to the previews since Chassis said it was good but holy shit as soon as that cliche dolphin noise came on for track 2 right at the beginning, I had to turn off my amp. This is EDM mainstream stuff to be played before deadmau5 or tiesto or whatever the scene kids are into these days. No offense to you guys, really.The fact that I heard like 6 "drops" in the first 3 minutes of my listening says it all doesn't it?

I don't take all music particularly seriously, I like my ceephax etc that was just terrible.

different strokes for different folks. There are people out there that still like skrillex u know?

bring on the haterade :emotawesomepm9:

lol

I tried to listen to the previews since Chassis said it was good but holy shit as soon as that cliche dolphin noise came on for track 2 right at the beginning, I had to turn off my amp. This is EDM mainstream stuff to be played before deadmau5 or tiesto or whatever the scene kids are into these days. No offense to you guys, really.The fact that I heard like 6 "drops" in the first 3 minutes of my listening says it all doesn't it?

I don't take all music particularly seriously, I like my ceephax etc that was just terrible.

different strokes for different folks. There are people out there that still like skrillex u know?

Thats fine, but did you like Glass Sword?

lol

Thats fine, but did you like Glass Sword?

It actually wasn't too bad. Still kind of in the same boat but at a tolerable level for me.

I mean, I like my fair amount of cheese. But why so many bloody "drops" in each song? It bugs me, it's like contrived/manufactured hype in a song instead of it naturally getting exciting or something.... You know?

Edit: Let me renege on that a bit... Glass Swords as an album I didn't like, though there are some songs on it that I enjoy.

Lol I burst out laughing every time I hear that dolphin. I think it's supposed to be funny... like the seal on the cover.

i dont like diplo much but his seapunk spoof here cracked me up, and i the use of it by rustie has to be tongue-n-cheek (i hope so anyway)

i might give this a listen, phillip sherburne's review in p4k described it well

rustie's stuff seems stupidly unabashed but self-aware of it - so I'll give this a try

on the other hand hudmo's last album was so tame and constrained that I couldn't even finish it - dull, slick, and boring. it was like a poochie equivalent album for EDM fans

poochie_old01.jpg

This has trap elements but that really isn't what this album is stressing. Trap is like the word hipster, it's basically an all encompassing blanket term.

And this album is totally Rustie and I dig it for what it is

Lol I burst out laughing every time I hear that dolphin. I think it's supposed to be funny... like the seal on the cover.

i dont like diplo much but his seapunk spoof here cracked me up, and i the use of it by rustie has to be tongue-n-cheek (i hope so anyway)

rustie's stuff seems stupidly unabashed but self-aware of it - so I'll give this a try

Pretty sure the seapunk intro idea was Eric Wareheim's, and the song being played is an actual seapunk song (not by Diplo). I don't give Diplo much credit these days.

Yeah, I think it's obvious Rustie isn't taking this too seriously, and that's the whole point. It's just unabashed happy music like he wants to hear for himself, being shared with us.

I like it, I've had it on my work music rotation the past week.

Archived