IGNORED

2814 - 新しい日の誕生 The Birth of a New Day (Vinyl Reissue)

Rubin Farr

You've heard it, right? It's only vaporwave by the loosest of associations.

I love most of what HKE puts his hands to, you can really hear his love of dubstep and stuff in there, lots of deep bass. His solo stuff has quite a Burial vibe at times too. Might have to get this as I've probably about worn my tape copy out, ha. New 2814 dropping later in the year too, can't wait,

• 4 months later...

This time, even if it's my last few dollars, I will buy. I even bought the other vinyl record Dream Catalogue sell, in case that goes the same way in terms of insane obscurity.

Insane obscurity? Isn't this about the most mainstream thing ever to come out of that whole scene?

In terms of copies to buy of the vinyl it's obscure, not the music / artists themselves.

• 1 year later...

STATEMENT ON THE FUTURE

THE STATEMENT

Greetings. We are Danaseus and Mykena, the new owners of Dream Catalogue. We will be known, together, as The Chaos Angels Of Light And Dark.

After long talks with HKE, Dream Catalogue’s founder, we came to terms on buying out a 90% share of the company from him. Initial discussions took place over the course of this year through email, while the final contract was signed, in blood, at an undisclosed location within the city of Florence, Italy.

We have purchased Dream Catalogue on the basis we would be maintaining the ongoings of the company from now on. For all intents and purposes the basic foundational structure of the company will remain the same, with global shipping and distribution by the same contractors as before.

HKE will continue on with us here as a trusted advisor, spiritual ambassador and will continue his work as an artist when he is ready to return from his sabbatical. However, we will be taking over the majority of the operation from here on.

This transitional phase between HKE’s ownership and ours will come in three blocks. REISSUE PHASE, END SERIES and CHAOS ERA.

REISSUE PHASE starts immediately with the release of the first 2814 album on double 12″ vinyl for the first time, including a brand new reissue of Birth Of A New Day on vinyl which are out now as of the publishing of this statement. And available to order from October 1st will be a plethora of cassette reissues based on data given to us by the previous owner from fan requests. The specifics of these products will be announced in the days preceding their availability for order.

Following these physical reissues comes the END SERIES – a set of 16 brand new planned album releases which were organised under HKE’s stewardship, forming the end of this cycle of Dream Catalogue’s history. They will be released in 4 blocks of 4, all on 12” vinyl. The artists in this series will be revealed in the scheduled dates set out below.

After all this has been completed, then will begin the wider preparations for the CHAOS ERA, starting next summer.

We are fully aware our intentions are not sufficiently clear to all at this time, including our current roster. We will reveal more about who we are and our full plans for this new era of Dream Catalogue when we see fit.

Everything must change.

Chaos is birth, the fire is life…

Until then!

SCHEDULE

1. REISSUE PHASE

AUG 30: 2814 / Birth Of A New Day vinyl release pre-orders (available now)
OCT 01: Reissue phase: pre-orders available
OCT 15: Expected shipping date for initial 2814 vinyl pre-orders

2. END SERIES

NOV 01-16: Daily ‘END SERIES’ pre-release announcements
DEC 01: END 01-04
JAN 01: END 05-08
FEB 01: END 09-12
MAR 01: END 13-16

3. CHAOS ERA

JUN 01 2018: The new cycle begins

Jeez those went fast.

Christ, they are sold out! Fucking hell, I almost didn't buy them earlier, thinking they wouldn't sell out so quick (bought the double pack). I almost made the same mistake as before, in waiting...

I'm going to go lie down for a bit.

I like Rain Temple but there was such hype for it and then they repressed a ton more... bet the same thing will happen with this one... 

Curious why people think Birth of a New Day is so genre defining? Maybe it is but I honestly don't know much about this stuff... 

I like Rain Temple but there was such hype for it and then they repressed a ton more... bet the same thing will happen with this one... 

Curious why people think Birth of a New Day is so genre defining? Maybe it is but I honestly don't know much about this stuff... 

I have no idea about genre defining, but I simply really like that album. Vaporwave or ambient or whatever, it's a really great electronic album.

• 1 year later...

Replying to this necrothread (rather than starting my own) because preorders are up for the 12" again on their website (not on bandcamp tho). I just nabbed mine.

Oh, they also just released a compilation album called Lost Fragments  https://dreamcatalogue.com/store/product/2814-lost-fragments/