IGNORED

2814 - Rain Temple

purlieu

I like Max, but I would never recommend anyone follow the Oscob Twitter account, unless they like juvenile anal sex jokes several times a day every day.

HKE tweets a lot of cool stuff and then throws in his 'Kanye of vaporwave' act and gets a bit tiring.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Max, but I would never recommend anyone follow the Oscob Twitter account, unless they like juvenile anal sex jokes several times a day every day.

HKE tweets a lot of cool stuff and then throws in his 'Kanye of vaporwave' act and gets a bit tiring.

Yeah thats true. I actually havent been on twitter much, can't speak for it really TBH. I do like Nmesh though, I follow his FB page here and there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

who are this guyz?!...hong kong express & telepath... i mean, i'm listening their other releases, including solo works, are THEY ARE G:O:O:D! they're the best thing that came out of vaporwave imo

They are both very talented, and have made stuff outside of the genre. Telepath is quite private, he actually had a more IDM/chiptune project before he started making vaporwave thats a bit of an open secret.

HKE is an interesting guy, complicated and a bit off putting at times but I applaud the grand scope and success of his efforts not just musically but as a label head. Dream Catalogue bridged the gap of older vaporwave that kind of died out in 2013 or so (when some labels folded and when originator producers left or moved on) with the more popular stuff now. Ushered in what i would call 2nd wave vaporwave. Its a hell of a label, one thats become very slick and professional.

My other faves are Death Dynamic Shroud.wmv and Nmesh. They pushed the old school eccoloops style really far on certain albums. Label wise Adhesive Sounds is really solid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I like antifur, some of its stuff is pretty abrasive but Chungking Mansions is brilliant music.

Plus most of their stuff is free.

Vapour manifesto that came on DVD with HKE - Omnia is amazing too, proper late-night horror. 

Yeah Antifur is pretty fun, even though some of the releases are quite blatantly taking the piss.

One thing I admire about HKE is how all of his releases sound different. The debut was straight up vaporwave, 2047 was much more rhythmic, HK was all synth ambient stuff, This was hugely influenced by trap and Burial, Omnia was heavy going IDM and No Dreams is fairly straight up techno. Yet there's a kind of logic to it all. Similarly Sandtimer is all over the place with a coherent underlying theme, although I only really like Vaporwave is Dead and God enough to listen to regularly. Subaeris is a bit more straight forward - 2-step stuff at first, then really hazy ambient with trap beats - but always consistent.

And fuck knows how many other albums he's released. There are some really obvious ones that he hasn't admitted but are blatantly him - Chessmaster, Future City Love Stories, Air Tokyo, Eternal Dream System, Triad Research Labs, Windbreaker - and by all accounts a lot more too. I don't understand how he has the time to run DC and make all this music and still manage to eat.

Ah HKE aliases, can't forget Blank Goofee!!! I agree though dude is on something, I dunno how he makes so much damn quality music along with running a label.

And joshuatx I would love to know what IDM/chiptune stuff Telepath had made, I know of one previous alias but the previous stuff I heard was more straight up ambient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favourite release on Dream Catalogue, that, just so beautiful. Nmesh's side is like a lost FSOL ISDN transmission circa May 1994 and telepath's is probably his strongest set of tunes to date. The 22 minute one (Surface Tension, I think) is absurdly good.

I've missed the last few NTS shows but the ones I heard were great.

Nmesh's side is like a lost FSOL ISDN transmission circa May 1994 and telepath's is probably his strongest set of tunes to date. 

NMesh is a huge FSOL fan. I think Oscob mentioned Orbital being a huge influence as well.

Has t e l e p a t h done any interviews? I'd love to know more about his process. I know some have figured out the effects he uses (some kind of phaser delay or something I forget) but other than that and people doing great work finding some of his samples I have no idea. He's as mysterious as they get, besides maybe 骨架的 (skeleton / holograms)

the Nmesh / t e l e p a t h split cassette release was really good.

Yeah that's a great one. Good looking tape too. The Apocalypse Now samples were a fun surprise too

My favourite release on Dream Catalogue, that, just so beautiful. Nmesh's side is like a lost FSOL ISDN transmission circa May 1994 and telepath's is probably his strongest set of tunes to date. The 22 minute one (Surface Tension, I think) is absurdly good.

Nmesh's side is like a lost FSOL ISDN transmission circa May 1994 and telepath's is probably his strongest set of tunes to date.

NMesh is a huge FSOL fan. I think Oscob mentioned Orbital being a huge influence as well.

Alex started out as a death metal drummer, how far he has come lol.

So calling all knowledgeable WATMM ambient fans, is there something this sounds a lot like this from the 90s? Not beat heavy but not drone either, no overtly sci-fi and more subtle than arpeggio heavy synth stuff...maybe like Biosphere or Namlook maybe? Global Communication? 

"contact" is remarkably similar, even in the same key everything as "12:18" (the last track on 76:14) by global communication

Alex started out as a death metal drummer, how far he has come lol.

It's funny how he's generally become known as a vaporwave musician when he's been putting out music as Nmesh for about 15 years now in just about every style imaginable.

I've known him for quite a few years through a shared love of FSOL, he's just about the nicest guy you could meet. From what I've heard of his new record (the 'proper' follow-up to Dream Sequins) it should be pretty killer.

What other alias' does telepath go by? Very interested to see what he/she has done before this alias (one of my favourites).

Virtual Dream Plaza:

https://virtualdreamplaza.bandcamp.com

Be prepared for tremendously long tracks for that alias, haha.

Also I know of this one but it's old and defunct:

https://m.soundcloud.com/scintillation

What other alias' does telepath go by? Very interested to see what he/she has done before this alias (one of my favourites).

Virtual Dream Plaza:

https://virtualdreamplaza.bandcamp.com

Be prepared for tremendously long tracks for that alias, haha.

Also I know of this one but it's old and defunct:

https://m.soundcloud.com/scintillation

Nice! 69 releases/full discog for $7.66.

Here we goooOoOO.

Also this Nmesh/Telepath collab reminds me of Bali so much. Me and the missus would go to breakfast every morning and they'd be playing similar music. Fucken' lush.

Just popped on twitter to see this, you were not kidding. Lot worse than when I read it months and months ago. I liked his podcast but jesus christ what a terrible account. Dank meme clusterfuck.

This is a great release, up there with Konx-om-Pax and the new Autechre for me this year.

I totally agree with modern vaporwave sounding like Lifeforms era FSOL, very cool.

And I just edited a promo video for Alex from Nmesh and he is indeed the nicest guy. Awesome dude, hoping to collaborate with him more in the future!

Think he's a bit harsh on it but I get where he's coming from. That's actually one of the less annoying Fantano videos I've seen; I only wanted to punch him a couple of times over its course. I still don't understand why he actually seems to have some sort of voice or influence though.

Archived