IGNORED

Plaid - The Digging Remedy

fumi

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

short samples up on the amazon page now

http://www.amazon.com/Digging-Remedy-Plaid/dp/B01EY7HUYI?tag=smarturl-20

~ 30 second samples for each track so it's hard to gauge, but I'm getting a few of Double Figure vibes! Sounds like it could be a pretty strange album, I can't wait.

double figure is my fave so that's good to hear

sounds pretty but also a bit "boring" compared to their other stuff but yeah not so much of a reachy prints fan either.

still curious for the whole album

I really sort of feel sorry for Ed and Andy. The day before they release their new album, their label decides to drop Aphex Cheetah.

Well done, guys. Good luck at the bad timing awards.

It's definitely a busy year for Warp scheduling: first AE jumping the queue, then Plaid with a really short promo + pre-order time (which was jumped by AE) and then Aphex on the day Plaid drops.

I only hope this continues and BoC are waiting for Cheetah to drop so their next album will go up for pre-order.

Sounds good, that's all I really feel so far. I'll need to give it a few more listens, but I'm so far feeling it might be their worst record to date.

Guest bitroast

It's definitely a busy year for Warp scheduling: first AE jumping the queue, then Plaid with a really short promo + pre-order time (which was jumped by AE) and then Aphex on the day Plaid drops.

I only hope this continues and BoC are waiting for Cheetah to drop so their next album will go up for pre-order.

the plaid hype obviously got through because here we are with the albums release in our consciousness and talking about it. plaid had its fair share of hype build up with teaser tracks being released here and there, + a music viddy

plus, it's pretty wicked having 3 idm acts on front page of warp with close release windows :^)

I'd definitely give it a little more time. I was underwhelmed after hearing the streaming preview. Now I think it's just fucking awesome.

It's a great album, gonna listen to me vinyl copies before I say anything else, but I am totally Digging it.

:catrecline:

Just listened to my vinyl copy earlier today. It sounds fantastic. Great pressing.

And the sleevage is gorgeous as well. A classic example of packaging enhancing artwork.

the plaid hype obviously got through because here we are with the albums release in our consciousness and talking about it. plaid had its fair share of hype build up with teaser tracks being released here and there, + a music viddy

plus, it's pretty wicked having 3 idm acts on front page of warp with close release windows :^)

does that mean tdr did the cheetah artwork?

nevermind. checking their facebook indicates that yes, they did.

It's a great album, gonna listen to me vinyl copies before I say anything else, but I am totally Digging it.

:catrecline:

Just listened to my vinyl copy earlier today. It sounds fantastic. Great pressing.

And the sleevage is gorgeous as well. A classic example of packaging enhancing artwork.

Yeah, those shiny sleeves are slick.

Also, for those not sure about ordering from Plaid's Databeats, you get a download card to download the flac/wav from bleep as well. Good value imo.

I'm liking it.

Wasn't too happy with the last few albums. But this sounds more promising to my ears. Not sure how to explain, but I was growing tired of their sound palette. After a couple of albums everything started to sound the same. This one sounds more different. Which is good. A bit too laidback in places, but I'm sure those tracks will grow on me.

On third listen, over all i'm really enjoying the album... good to see Ed&Andyx throwing some tbd vibes in there too.

BUY IT!!!

Archived