cant understand what everyone is bitching about. honestly it sometimes reminds me a teenagers desire to appear more knowledgable than they are by shitting on everything they possibly can. is it a work of high art? probably not. is it a cool story about a futuristic robot park with some interesting storylines moving at a pace slow enough to be quite detailed, and fast enough to still be engaging? yep. i think its pretty cool. 

it doesnt even have very many storylines being weaved as is, im not too sure why a few people seem worried its just going to rattle on endlessly like lost. i feel like any current high budget TV program designer would have learnt full well what happens when you let a narrative implode on itself like lost. we currently have about 4 of any note, ed harris, dolores/mcpoyle, behaviour womans robot arm, and felix and mauve. 

yeh I mean it's not terrible but it is totally touching on so many things a little without anyone having clear goals except the MiB (gotta find MAZE durr). And since they can pretty much randomly invent new locations / scenarios at will at any moment, I find it a bit hard to root for any of the characters.. It's just.. 5 episodes in, this show is absolutely sprawling. It's a very loose setup, like what are the boundaries of that park? So far it gives the impression that about anything can happen which makes all the things slightly random.

Think the overzealous theorizing is a testament to that, the reddit men want something to be anchored in...

edit: did I say anything can happen? Well one thing they don't show is women guests doing cool shit. It's totally a fantasy world for guys. My girlfriend for example really dislikes that, and it's understandable imo.

Edited by Guest

Dolores may be a recreation of Ford's wife?

The boy may be a recreation of Ford as a child, or his son, or the holder of Arnold's consciousness, or both?

I like that we have no idea when the "present" takes place

When does "analysis" take place if a host doesn't leave their scenario?

Dolores may be a recreation of Ford's wife?

Dude would have to be pretty messed up to put a recreation of his wife in a loop where she constantly sees her family die, after which she gets raped.

Don't know if it's been mentioned on here but some people believe William is the Man in Black as a younger man - so two timelines are currently running.

Don't know if it's been mentioned on here but some people believe William is the Man in Black as a younger man - so two timelines are currently running.

I'm on the fence about that - but I'm inclined to believe not, due to Dolores being virtually the same (flesh and blood) when with William as with the MiB. But MiB has said that when he cut open previous hosts, they were full of millions of bits and pieces (paraphrasing).

I'm on the fence about that - but I'm inclined to believe not, due to Dolores being virtually the same (flesh and blood) when with William as with the MiB. But MiB has said that when he cut open previous hosts, they were full of millions of bits and pieces (paraphrasing).

Yeah but Delores wouldn't have aged due to what she is.

I know, but MiB's comments imply that the first hosts had machinery in their innards - Dolores doesn't (we've seen her bleed).

Ah, yes. I see what you mean now. Maybe that theory is not likely (as you said).

edit: did I say anything can happen? Well one thing they don't show is women guests doing cool shit. It's totally a fantasy world for guys. My girlfriend for example really dislikes that, and it's understandable imo.

there was the one woman w/rifle (Bojana Novakovic?), she was hanging out w/Teddy spaghetti. She gunned down that surly/belligerent baldman in town, and then went on Teddy's quest for Wyatt. Then she? tripped a booby trap/wire and they were swarmed by Wyatt's (?) acolytes at night. Teddy got mauled, but she managed to escape? there's a loose end...

it looked like she was having a good time.

Bojana Novakovic

But it's also confusing because I recall Barnard (I think) saying that Dolores is one of the oldest hosts.

And Nolan does like to mess with timelines.

I'm still leaning toward a single time period though - but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Barnard said she was the second host that was built. But in Episode one, Ford also talks to Barnard about all the hosts that were made before Barnard arrived. One of them is 'Bob', I guess, the one he keeps visiting in the basement.

It's certainly interesting plot-wise. I'm sure (as viewers) we're all being led down one path when things are really some other reality.

to all the people, who don't like (and obviously don't get) westworld, don't try to take this personally, but: lol pleb.

I'm joking. calm down. but seriously: the whole thing is a take on the gnostic worldview mixed with a bit of buddhism (Dolores represents a human who wants to escape the samsara/ the material and "false" world/ "the droid loop", Robert is the Demiurge, Arnold is the "true god", the man in black is the "adversary" (hint, hint), the park represents the material world etc.). good stuff. pretty well made. brainy. love it. 

to all the people, who don't like (and obviously don't get) westworld, don't try to take this personally, but: lol pleb.

I'm joking. calm down. but seriously: the whole thing is a take on the gnostic worldview mixed with a bit of buddhism (Dolores represents a human who wants to escape the samsara/ the material and "false" world/ "the droid loop", Robert is the Demiurge, Arnold is the "true god", the man in black is the "adversary" (hint, hint), the park represents the material world etc.). good stuff. pretty well made. brainy. love it. 

oh god just fuck off

this is a joke right

there was the one woman w/rifle (Bojana Novakovic?), she was hanging out w/Teddy spaghetti. She gunned down that surly/belligerent baldman in town, and then went on Teddy's quest for Wyatt. Then she? tripped a booby trap/wire and they were swarmed by Wyatt's (?) acolytes at night. Teddy got mauled, but she managed to escape? there's a loose end...

Bojana Novakovic

I'm guessing she was kidnapped by Wyatt, and will show up later when Ed Harris and Teddy catch up with him.

I also think the two timelines thing is nonsense, there's only one. McPoyle and his douche-bag friend talked about Arnold killing himself a long time before they arrived, and so two time-lines wouldn't really make sense given Ford and Ed Harris' ages (though given the unknowns about when this stuff is happening, medical science, lifespans, etc, that doesn't completely rule it out I guess).

I think the analysis scenes are happening linearly as well, but might not be happening IRL - Ford and Bernard (who I definitely don't think is an android clone of Arnold, lol, I'm pretty sure other people who would've worked there might find it a bit weird to work alongside an android clone of their former Boss who just killed himself) might just be interviewing them in VR (or alternatively in a backup copy of their bodies, no reason they couldn't have a remote desktop link between two host bodies so to speak - Ed Harris pointed out they're cheaper than the old models, would make sense to keep a few backups, when they activate the link the other host just appears to lose consciousness, like Dolores did at the orgy).

As to Dolores being one of the first robots and not having nuts and bolts inside of her, easily explained by lots of upgrades, it's Dolores v. 6.4, presumably one of the most popular hosts so they would want to keep her around to keep the guests happy.

Was very interesting to see Maeve talk with that lab tech at the end, she's been super confused and freaking out for the most part so far, but was totally collected there, presumably her bicameral over-mind has let her in on a lot more of what's going on. 

The secret 4G-dongle thingie was cool too, presumably that's got something to do with some kind of industrial espionage or something (attempts at a hostile takeover perhaps), will be nice to see some of the wider political goings on in the world (which they've only hinted at obliquely so far). I hope they give us at least one glimpse of the outside world before the end of the season.

Edited by caze

Bojana Novakovic

I'm guessing she was kidnapped by Wyatt, and will show up later when Ed Harris and Teddy catch up with him.

I also think the two timelines thing is nonsense, there's only one. McPoyle and his douche-bag friend talked about Arnold killing himself a long time before they arrived, and so two time-lines wouldn't really make sense given Ford and Ed Harris' ages (though given the unknowns about when this stuff is happening, medical science, lifespans, etc, that doesn't completely rule it out I guess).

I think the analysis scenes are happening linearly as well, but might not be happening IRL - Ford and Bernard (who I definitely don't think is an android clone of Arnold, lol, I'm pretty sure other people who would've worked there might find it a bit weird to work alongside an android clone of their former Boss who just killed himself) might just be interviewing them in VR (or alternatively in a backup copy of their bodies, no reason they couldn't have a remote desktop link between two host bodies so to speak - Ed Harris pointed out they're cheaper than the old models, would make sense to keep a few backups, when they activate the link the other host just appears to lose consciousness, like Dolores did at the orgy).

As to Dolores being one of the first robots and not having nuts and bolts inside of her, easily explained by lots of upgrades, it's Dolores v. 6.4, presumably one of the most popular hosts so they would want to keep her around to keep the guests happy.

Was very interesting to see Maeve talk with that lab tech at the end, she's been super confused and freaking out for the most part so far, but was totally collected there, presumably her bicameral over-mind has let her in on a lot more of what's going on.

The secret 4G-dongle thingie was cool too, presumably that's got something to do with some kind of industrial espionage or something (attempts at a hostile takeover perhaps), will be nice to see some of the wider political goings on in the world (which they've only hinted at obliquely so far). I hope they give us at least one glimpse of the outside world before the end of the season.

Agreed with most of that, if the upgrade from Dolores 1.0 to whatever model she is now must have involved transferring the consciousness - it appears as if the bodies are completely organic-like with the brains being wetware.

Not impossible of course, nor even improbable, but if she's that old, then surely the reveries Ford introduced are going to fuck with her RAM.