IGNORED

Why do we all DIE?

Brisbot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The proximate cause is that every second of existence causes molecular damage that the body will fail to repair over a long enough timeline. Then comes disease or failure of some biological mechanism, and then sweet death kisses you goodnight. 

The ultimate answer is much more interesting. Likely when we were in our god form we decided existence without restraints is boring.

What's up with that. It's bullshit imho. We spend all our lives figuring out what we want then we die right after we do.

I really want to type out the most accurate 15 page answer that I can for this-- but alas, I'm at work at 2 AM and need to code some shit.

But basically, we die quite regularly.  If one lives in a manner that strives towards self improvement and living through strength, all the old versions of ourselves die.  Like, ACTUALLY die.  The previous selves that lived through insecurity, hate, etc.-- these all die.  And this death is necessary to move forwards and fully live within the new-formed self.  It doesn't seem like death cuz most associate "death" with physical death- but going to and living from a new-stage of consciousness is the ONLY death.  The end of physical functioning is incidental.

As for physical death-- this is mostly because people don't MAINTAIN themselves.  Have you ever seen the interior of an abandoned building that hasn't been touched in decades?  Why would it be all fucked up, when NO LIVING THINGS (except bacteria, etc.) were in it?  This is because there is constantly constantly moving and transmuting energies all around us, and it can fuck shit up if something is not tuned to surfing on those waves.  So if a building looks brand new several decades after being built-- it actually does not look brand new.  Brand new- in actual context- would be that fucked up thing that abandoned and untouched buildings look like after decades.  If it looks brand new after decades, it is actually HIGHLY MODIFIED and HIGHLY MAINTAINED.  Maintaining things is realizing the wear and tear of something's environment, and putting upon it actions that counteract this natural flow.

So what is a physically old person?  A physically old person is actually a person who is younger- maintenance-wise- than the damage caused by their living environments.  They have not kept up with the wear and tear that their life has put upon them, so they become ravaged.  BUT- they are young, as in, they are a model that was fit for a previous time.  What is a physically young person?  Someone who is physically young is someone who has maintenance up until the present time- that is simply it.

It is possible for most anyone to become physically younger, but it takes A LOT of work.  Most people would rather just physically die.  Most people don't even work towards making their dreams a reality-- but of course they don't- they can't even take care of what's supposed to be the most immediate to them (their body).

And as someone else pointed out-- yes, this is all multi-layered and quite complicated.  When it comes to higher levels of consciousness that are aware of oneness and not fooled by the illusion of separate consciousness-- we can never die.

Evolution works better if the older generations don't hang around forever spreading their ancient inferior genes, innit.

What's up with that. It's bullshit imho. We spend all our lives figuring out what we want then we die right after we do.

I really want to type out the most accurate 15 page answer that I can for this-- but alas, I'm at work at 2 AM and need to code some shit.

But basically, we die quite regularly.  If one lives in a manner that strives towards self improvement and living through strength, all the old versions of ourselves die.  Like, ACTUALLY die.  The previous selves that lived through insecurity, hate, etc.-- these all die.  And this death is necessary to move forwards and fully live within the new-formed self.  It doesn't seem like death cuz most associate "death" with physical death- but going to and living from a new-stage of consciousness is the ONLY death.  The end of physical functioning is incidental.

As for physical death-- this is mostly because people don't MAINTAIN themselves.  Have you ever seen the interior of an abandoned building that hasn't been touched in decades?  Why would it be all fucked up, when NO LIVING THINGS (except bacteria, etc.) were in it?  This is because there is constantly constantly moving and transmuting energies all around us, and it can fuck shit up if something is not tuned to surfing on those waves.  So if a building looks brand new several decades after being built-- it actually does not look brand new.  Brand new- in actual context- would be that fucked up thing that abandoned and untouched buildings look like after decades.  If it looks brand new after decades, it is actually HIGHLY MODIFIED and HIGHLY MAINTAINED.  Maintaining things is realizing the wear and tear of something's environment, and putting upon it actions that counteract this natural flow.

So what is a physically old person?  A physically old person is actually a person who is younger- maintenance-wise- than the damage caused by their living environments.  They have not kept up with the wear and tear that their life has put upon them, so they become ravaged.  BUT- they are young, as in, they are a model that was fit for a previous time.  What is a physically young person?  Someone who is physically young is someone who has maintenance up until the present time- that is simply it.

It is possible for most anyone to become physically younger, but it takes A LOT of work.  Most people would rather just physically die.  Most people don't even work towards making their dreams a reality-- but of course they don't- they can't even take care of what's supposed to be the most immediate to them (their body).

And as someone else pointed out-- yes, this is all multi-layered and quite complicated.  When it comes to higher levels of consciousness that are aware of oneness and not fooled by the illusion of separate consciousness-- we can never die.

this post overcharged my crystal and I think it physically died

death is merely an evolutionary adaptation.

right thread this time.

I don't think death is an adaptation, per se...I think that reproduction is evolution's "solution" to mortality...and if there was a low-cost solution to mortality, evolution would've stumbled upon that instead of reproduction

Here's an article I read a while back that deals with a theory how life exists in the first place:

https://www.quantamagazine.org/20140122-a-new-physics-theory-of-life/

From the standpoint of physics, there is one essential difference between living things and inanimate clumps of carbon atoms: The former tend to be much better at capturing energy from their environment and dissipating that energy as heat. Jeremy England, a 31-year-old assistant professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, has derived a mathematical formula that he believes explains this capacity. The formula, based on established physics, indicates that when a group of atoms is driven by an external source of energy (like the sun or chemical fuel) and surrounded by a heat bath (like the ocean or atmosphere), it will often gradually restructure itself in order to dissipate increasingly more energy. This could mean that under certain conditions, matter inexorably acquires the key physical attribute associated with life.

to live without personal identity, outside of this physical reality is very difficult for most to fathom; especially from this side of the glass; while still swimming in the fish bowl, gasping for air in this time and space nonsense.. yet, it will be far more efficient and pleasurable when we can finally return to eternity. surface from the depths of this dark sea. i cannot wait to be rid of this clunky thing, this fleshy thing. i must wait. i will be patient.. i will be patient.. i must be patient..

..i am dumb and i have a very limited perspective.

death is merely an evolutionary adaptation.right thread this time.

I don't think death is an adaptation, per se...I think that reproduction is evolution's "solution" to mortality...and if there was a low-cost solution to mortality, evolution would've stumbled upon that instead of reproduction

In order for evolution to take place, the old has to die off, by definition. If older generations wouldn't die, that would limit the evolutionary progress. The genepool would remain filled with the old stuff from previous generations. So it's more the other way around: evolution's solution is mortality.

I'm saying a species wouldn't need to evolve if its members didn't die in the first place...the whole concept of 'evolution by natural selection' essentially translates to 'the organisms and/species that weren't destroyed by their environment or genome are the ones we see around us' but if nobody died, there would be no need to evolve strategies for not getting killed by the environment (that's what "adaptation" means)...because they're immortal.

this post overcharged my crystal and I think it physically died

He's right though. Molecular age is reversible. Telomere length is extendable. If you input the correct things your body will repair itself. If you do not then you get triage and long term damage is traded for short term survival.

When people fully understand the inputs and outputs the human lifespan will be extended immensely. Most of use will probably see the time when lifespans at least double from now. Many of us are likely to see some sort of infinite existence. As with all things when you are on the cusp of something you have to be an early adopter to see the first wave of results.

Most people are simply not hungry enough for life to treat their bodies correctly.

When people fully understand the inputs and outputs the human lifespan will be extended immensely. Most of use will probably see the time when lifespans at least double from now. Many of us are likely to see some sort of infinite existence. As with all things when you are on the cusp of something you have to be an early adopter to see the first wave of results.

I have the feeling that even if this kinda technology is created, only a few will have access to it.

"It's my life and it's now or never. I don't want to live forever. I just wanna live while I'm alive. It's my life." - Kurt Cobain, 1996

I think there are a few very difficult problems that mean life expectancy probably is fixed up to a certain point:

Cancer: an unavoidable eventuality in imperfectly replicating cells. (Cancer cells have often solved the problem of shortening telomeres too - unfortunately for us)

Brains: neurons in the cns don't really regenerate to any appreciable degree after infancy - I think it's probably an unavoidable part of a design that relies on so much interconnection between cells.

We're all gonna die.

bio/nanomachines might be able to fix some of them problems in the distant future, but at the end of the day there's no escaping entropy

"It's my life and it's now or never. I don't want to live forever. I just wanna live while I'm alive. It's my life." - Kurt Cobain, 1996

:nope: not only did you misattribute the quote, you got the quote itself wrong.

CTCy5WHWoAAnGOD.jpg

:nope: not only did you misattribute the quote, you got the quote itself wrong.

CTCy5WHWoAAnGOD.jpg

flol

Archived