IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

7 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

The SOMA Pulsar-23, as patched by Richard Devine.

Looking damn sexy.

Not sure how to imbed insta-G videos

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4yR2gbHPJm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

$1650 : (

7 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

The SOMA Pulsar-23, as patched by Richard Devine.

Looking damn sexy.

Not sure how to imbed insta-G videos

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4yR2gbHPJm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Oh goddamn!

39 minutes ago, Braintree said:

$1650 : (

Oh, goddamn.

It's gonna be like 1800 eur from the looks of it. I was expecting more like 1200 based on the aim of 1000 that was mentioned ages ago. 

same could be said of any quality synth, so the taste and discretion of the curator is of utmost importance. Also limitations are creative liberations.

14 hours ago, iococoi said:

Erica-Techno-System.jpg

I'm a big fan of Erica Synths and want their Sample Drum in my eurorack. I'd love to make an album one these beastly motherfuckers. The single synth voice aspect fucks with my head, but I imagine most of these modules could be turned into other things.

Edited by acid1

Sold a couple of eurorack bits and pieces (and my volca drum is soon to go as well, once I sample it thoroughly) and bought a Model:Samples. I couldn't resist; it's just so cute. It's nice to have an Elektron device that's a bit more lightweight and, interestingly, more limited. I'll probably use it mostly for drums, but I can imagine it being really nice with single cycle waves, especially with the wider octave range than on the octatrack. I also feel like I'm sometimes wasting the OT's tracks when just playing back a kick sample or something, so the M:S can take over some of the more simple playback duties. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 4:42 AM, acid1 said:

I'm a big fan of Erica Synths and want their Sample Drum in my eurorack. I'd love to make an album one these beastly motherfuckers. The single synth voice aspect fucks with my head, but I imagine most of these modules could be turned into other things.

This looks and sounds really tasty... 

Fusion_Delay_Flanger_1.jpg

Edited by chim

1 hour ago, Stickfigger said:

I predict Modey will sell Samples and get a second hand digitakt (ps, I'm selling a digitakt in about 3 months , send me a PM) 

lol maybe someday.. I was considering it, but the form factor and the promise of a battery pack (even if I have to 3D print one myself) sold it for me. 

TBH, after reading the Sweetwater review that seems like a really good price (even accounting for Sweetwater reviews being essentially advertisements). Out of my league but if I had the money for an expensive mixer I'd be seriously eyeing this (even though if I had $3500 and space for a mixer I'd probably be thinking analog first).

Also it works as a standalone 64 track recorder, so you could theoretically go DAWless with it, at least for tracking.

So who's the target audience for this?

Genuinely curious.

It seems to me that if you wanted to spend 3500 euros on a mixer you would want good electronic components and general robustness and not want an (ultimately rather crippled) computer to be tacked on to it.

Is this aimed at theaters or something?

Shit that's way too expensive. If you need a mixer in that range I'd rather look at a second hand Midas. The DAW tricks might as well be done with a.. DAW.

Edited by chim

9 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

TBH, after reading the Sweetwater review that seems like a really good price (even accounting for Sweetwater reviews being essentially advertisements). Out of my league but if I had the money for an expensive mixer I'd be seriously eyeing this (even though if I had $3500 and space for a mixer I'd probably be thinking analog first).

Also it works as a standalone 64 track recorder, so you could theoretically go DAWless with it, at least for tracking.

This is nitpicking but if that thing is not a Digital Audio Workstation then what the hell is it? ?

Also since we are talking about Behringer and churning out "copies" and "tributes" of other standard equipment.. just hear me out here, I have one word:

Uliexpress

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rhmilo said:

So who's the target audience for this?

Genuinely curious.

It seems to me that if you wanted to spend 3500 euros on a mixer you would want good electronic components and general robustness and not want an (ultimately rather crippled) computer to be tacked on to it.

Is this aimed at theaters or something?

Most likely concert halls or small recording studios.

4 hours ago, Braintree said:

Most likely concert halls or small recording studios.

See, but a concert hall would need robust and doesn’t care about all the crazy routing and a small studio already has a computer.

puzzling.