IGNORED

The NAMM 2017 thread

d-a-m-o

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chesney

I get the feeling the Elektron will be a visual mixer like a Kaoss pad entrancer. Imagine loading jpegs or vectors into box like the OT and being able to affect them in crazy ways according to your audio. This teaser is totally different from the usual from Elektron and is more visual than aural. You see the way things glitch to the music?

The key word they use is "new" and they hinted and broadening their footprint.

Cenk is also doing lots of gigs so may have had the idea because there is a lack of live things for VJs.

there's no market for a visual synth imo

much cheaper to just get a computer with RAM/GPU options and there's lots of software. Hard to compete with that.

Also, most visuals at parties and concerts are kinda nothing more than glorified screen savers...

just no real need for anything like that

Guest Chesney

I get ya but a company like that can make a market if it's something new and not been done before. Every new idea has to start somewhere, Elektron are not a company that looks at past and current markets to base product from, they push forward. Look how revered their older products have become in recent years, many people are only just cottoning on to them as Elektron start to grow into other areas.

well true.

just think it's unlikely that this is what we'll see from them.

sure hope it's more out there than the Heat thing.

hunch (semi-confirmed):

-fancy buttons which are not just buttons

-likely FM

-beyond that: dunno

so the elektron thing is just a new overbridge drum machine the digitakt: https://www.elektron.se/ no product page for it just this info from the elektron home page (which is of course getting hammered). didn't see any sound/video demos yet 

Beat making powerhouse

Compact, rugged and to the point. Digitakt is a formidable drum machine. With an astounding feature set and an exquisite digital sound engine, the stage is set for a striking encounter.

Rhythm is a fundamental part of music. Off-kilter beats, four on the floor workouts, polyrhythmic excursions all serve the same purpose. They provide musical structure and sometimes they even make us dance.

Digitakt is a new compact drum machine from Elektron. It contains all the necessary tools to make people move to the beat. A digital and highly flexible sound engine, sampling capability, a live-friendly sequencer, the means to control external MIDI gear. Round it off with a super crisp OLED screen and wonderfully tactile back-lit buttons. Done deal.

Drum machines are something of an Elektron speciality. With the Digitakt we show why.

I like the new 2x8 standard. Was tempest the first notable one? Then electribe, and the squarp pyramid.

Looks great to me. People are just trained to want the electron box aesthetic.

Pretty sure if they went with a revamped silver box everyone would be 10x more excited.

Seems to me exactly what 80% of people have been asking for. Actually close to an ot remix.

I love all the people on fb saying "why only 64mb, why only 8 MIDI tracks" when most of them have huge rigs with 2 heats and 2 rytms and still can't make anything listenable.

seriously though, why in 2017 would you announce a digital music instrument with absolutely no audio demos? i'd much prefer those than seeing pics of a drum machine that looks like it deserves to be in the lineup of $150 drum machines at guitar center

Does not want Digitakt yet. Infact, it makes me want a Rytm more.

Rytm is amazing, worth every penny.

Digitakt looks interesting though, will have to hear it and see it in action before I worry....I've got Ableton and Push for sequencing, so I don't have any need for this at all.

Archived