IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

lol Flake's a fucking loser, not a surprise though, decided to vote yes on bart even after all his concerned sighs and furrowed brows, glad this is his last year as a senator, dumbfuck

Edited by Zeffolia

The problem here is that this shitshow actually energized the Republican base. I’m sure it’ll energize the Dems as well, but goddamn all they had to do was lay low, say stuff about cracking down on corruption, healthcare. No brainer stuff. All they really accomplished was reminding independents/non-Trump GOP fencesitters why they hate the left. And this is just one of many reasons why it was incredibly frustrating to watch.

I got a bit of flack for mentioning that the activist wing of the Dems needs to take a backseat until after midterms. Exhibit A.

Pretty sure Kava-cunt is gonna get confirmed at this point. I'm proud of Murkowski for voting no, but it likely won't be enough. The final vote still lies ahead, but I'm not optimistic.

One month til midterms. I reckon it's our last hope to change course from the path towards a full-fledged Nazi America. But I have a feeling the GOP will try to rig it somehow.

Edited by ambermonk

Well ain't that fuckin' dandy. Thanks Collins, Flake, and Manchin (a Democrat).

Not surpised tho. I just hope we can flip some seats in Congress a month from now, and hopefully if we succeed we can find a way to unseat him. But the midterms are pretty much our last hope at this point.

How do we go about putting term limits on supreme court justices?

It's a fuckin circus just getting an annual budget passed most of the time, I cannot imagine the world in which we ever make serious changes like that again (must be constitutional? unsure). I hope I see a time where we can do necessary things in this country, like adding Puerto Rico and DC as states, making reasonable changes to the second amendment, term limits for Supreme Court (I'd love to see various solutions here, maybe even a revolving door sort of thing), time/money constraints on campaigning, fixing the local level issues of gerrymandering, clarifying civil rights, etc. etc. forever...but we're just never going to get any goddamned thing done until something seriously fucking breaks and forces a reset. Trump might've been that break? Doesn't seem like it yet though.