IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

yes, there are people this stupid who jump to conclusions and want to make everything a conspiracy. this guy could easily go down there and talk to the people who live there but he's a straight up coward and obviously would rather just make shit up to feed the trolls. 

this place is a homeless camp. there are many like it in portland. this one is distanced due to covid. 

also, it's pronounced WILL-LAMM-ETTE River. 

• Facepalm 2

5 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

Well-written article. (the comments below the opinion-piece are something else)

My opinion:

So many people are blind(ed).
A once long-ago exemplary nation is self-inflicting destructive behaviour,
all based on immoral deceit, childish hate, and a few vile peoples extreme lust for power and money.
It saddens me deeply. Very deeply.

I truly hope that the serene every-day good-minded people of the nation wake up (or at least open 1 eye-lid) from their non-participating slumber, superficially-satisfied by all the bread and circuses, instead of keep shrugging their shoulders ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ like everything is just fine and dandy.

Everything is -not- ok, I feel.
Don't we want to strive for better?

Don't you wish to be a nation in which people are good to one-another, in which everyday life is good to all, in which the future is bright and full of life?

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Like 5

Arnold Palmer has an airport named after him? You crazy 'Muricans. Possibly the only airport named after a professional golfer??

On 9/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, ignatius said:

yes, there are people this stupid who jump to conclusions and want to make everything a conspiracy. this guy could easily go down there and talk to the people who live there but he's a straight up coward and obviously would rather just make shit up to feed the trolls. 

this place is a homeless camp. there are many like it in portland. this one is distanced due to covid. 

also, it's pronounced WILL-LAMM-ETTE River. 

is it stupidity or mendacity?

Donald Trump is so unlike most people, and so especially unlike anyone raised under a conventional moral framework, that he’s perpetually misdiagnosed. The words we see slapped on him most often, like “fascist” and “authoritarian,” nowhere near describe what he really is, and I don’t mean that as a compliment. It’s been proven across four years that Trump lacks the attention span or ambition required to implement a true dictatorial regime. He might not have a moral problem with the idea, but two minutes into the plan he’d leave the room, phone in hand, to throw on a robe and watch himself on Fox and Friends over a cheeseburger.

The elite misread of Trump is egregious because he’s an easily familiar type to the rest of America. We’re a sales culture and Trump is a salesman. Moreover he’s not just any salesman; he might be the greatest salesman ever, considering the quality of the product, i.e. himself. He’s up to his eyes in balls, and the parts of the brain that hold most people back from selling schlock online degrees or tchotchkes door-to-door are absent. He has no shame, will say anything, and experiences morality the way the rest of us deal with indigestion.

The Trump Era Sucks and Needs to Be Over (Matt Taibbi)

• Like 4

Yeah, those videos are great. The one where he's walking around Oakland and talking about grass, invasive species, and guerilla gardening is my favorite.

• Like 1