IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

yeah this is a disaster in my eyes. trump kept harping the song that the dems were just wasting time with the "witch hunt" and now (of course) he can't stop harping how "this is a total exoneration"

i think we've learned two things today:

1). justice is a social construct and it relies on people to create and uphold it. 

2). justice is a shared virtue and you can't have it when half the country just wants power.

i think it's too soon to throw the babby out w/the bathwater. 

we haven't seen the full report and neither has congress. only barr's summary.  the process will play out. AG gets the report.. does the summary.. sends the report to other committees etc. congress wil likely subpoena the report/barr/mueller 

there's more to come. the other investigations will continue. 

the spin and the optics etc all will play towards trump for a while which is annoying... because all trump needs is steam to blwo hot air. it's what he does best.

Not surprised in the slightest. I never really paid attention to the collusion stuff. It just feels like something the media latched onto early to keep from talking about... anything important. But I guess I always thought it might be worth investigating by people more in the know than I. Turns out to be a bunch of nothing.

It does make me dislike the mainstream media even more. Despite the incredibly vague evidence they still kept talking and talking...for years... about the Russia collusion. CNN needs to stop trying to be like Fox News. They aren't as good at their game. Many conservatives  where I live are still convinced Obama wasn't born on American soil, which was in large part propagated by our current president. You know how you keep up that lie/belief? You harp on it for years and never really investigate it, because your base already in large part believes the lie, so why ruin that? 

If he did anything my money was always on the Cohen related stuff. That's what has my attention anyway.... oh and the fact that Trump has fired what seems like dozens of people around him for doing despicable things and is somehow not being looked at as the obvious common denominator. I will be genuinely surprised if it turns out all of that is a load of crap.... tbh this post probably won't age well.

i think it's too soon to throw the babby out w/the bathwater. 

we haven't seen the full report and neither has congress. only barr's summary.  the process will play out. AG gets the report.. does the summary.. sends the report to other committees etc. congress wil likely subpoena the report/barr/mueller 

there's more to come. the other investigations will continue. 

the spin and the optics etc all will play towards trump for a while which is annoying... because all trump needs is steam to blwo hot air. it's what he does best.

here's my problem with that: it has taken quite a while to do this investigation. always, trump has maintained his no collusion stance- and the entire time they've continued investigating as though they were gathering evidence. now the report is read, and the AG goes "oh, so there is no collusion".

at this point, trump looks like the victim because- if there is supposedly anything in the report he's in trouble for- they'll just spin it that "hey, you said he colluded with russia and he didn't. leave the guy alone?" and tbh- the attacks now seem a little desperate. either you're impeaching this guy or you're not. but bringing it up then claiming is not worth it? wtf? then there was everyone getting mad at him "grabbing women by the p***y", shutting down the government for not getting the wall monies, islamic ban, comments about mexicans, the stormy daniel's scandal- at this point it's all a little numbing and personally, i think it loses a lot of it's original meaning.

i see what you're saying.. the "deep state conspiracy" narrative... "they looked and couldn't find anything so now they're gonna wreck his organization"... 

i think we're still in a wait and see phase of some of this. he's not exonerated completely or at all on obstruction. and the other investigations maybe have teeth. 

regardless i can't wait for the tweet calling this investigation a "nothing hamberder"

This was Barr's "summary" of the report, the guy who wrote an op-ed saying the President can't be indicted and who covered up Iran Contra. Trump picked him for a reason. If he tries to sweep the report under the rug, which he seems to be doing so far, it'll get leaked and the other stuff Mueller handed off is out there anyway. 

All signs point to Barr being back on his bullshit here. 

it does seem like mueller was trying to hand obstruction over to congress and barr inserted himself in there. a number of expert observers are pointing out that barr did not need to take a position on obstruction because mueller chose not to. actually the language in barr's letter about mueller considering whether or not to use the criminal standard seems to imply another venue of consideration - like impeachment, which is how these things are supposed to be handled. this is what impeachment is for. mueller including the list of obstruction evidence in the report lays out the invitation to subpoena it. will be interesting how redacted of a thing barr will put out, and if people will settle for it.

nadler's already said they'll subpoena barr to testify, presumably in public.

Edited by very honest

Not really related to the current topic at hand, but a nice overview of election fraud and probably the reason why Bernie won't win, even if he is the most popular democratic candidate.

Collusion was always going to be difficult to prove. The irony is that both Trump and associates knew the Russians were supporting them (they had contact, even by Barr's summary) and Russia knew Trump was their guy to support. Collusion? No...

Collusion was always going to be difficult to prove. The irony is that both Trump and associates knew the Russians were supporting them (they had contact, even by Barr's summary) and Russia knew Trump was their guy to support. Collusion? No...

heard an interview on radio w/a guy who's name i forgot.. but he was saying the real problem is that the president went on TV at a campaign rally and asked russia to hack his opponent and faced no repercussions and this sets a precedent for all future campaigns where a candidate can say anything and not be held accountable. 

so, i'm hoping we at least get some new laws and regulations about what's legal and what isn't.. 

so, i'm hoping we at least get some new laws and regulations about what's legal and what isn't.. 

won't matter though. orange man will keep on doing whatever he wants and the 'publican brotherhood will continue to be too scared of him to take him down. Ruskies are gonna fuck with the 2020 election and we're gonna get this thread to 2000+ pages before it's all over with...

Edited by zero

So I've literally put off looking into this until now

I'm neither hopeful nor pessimistic of what this means now because, and correct me if I'm wrong, it is still was too premature to deduce any consequences...

right? Barr has submitted a summary, no one else has seen the full report including the WH

it's the usual WH / Trump base loud self-assurances and a pandering, useless news media show about nothing

also I've had a feeling the State and local courts in NY have a much bigger hammer to drop legally for the last few months

Meanwhile: 

Donald Trump officially recognizes Israeli sovereignty over Golan Heights

Which Putin likes, because logic dictates they can keep Crimea as well...

i think we're still in a wait and see phase of some of this. he's not exonerated completely or at all on obstruction. and the other investigations maybe have teeth. 

well, mcconnell doesn't think there's anything to wait and see/read. now let's see how speaker of the house pelosi reacts to this chestnut:

http://Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday blocked a resolution calling on special counsel Robert Mueller's report to be released publicly.

Of course McConnell doesn’t want it released. He was briefed about Russian officials helping Trump’s campaign in summer 2016 and wanted to make it a partisan issue if Obama made a statement on it.