IGNORED

Squarepusher's Legacy

Bob Dylan

Anybody feels that whatever Squarepusher will do in the future, well nothing will ever compare, or top... his Breezeblock set in 2004.

It's the ultimate modern electronic music setpiece that will never be topped by him. It's like we had the 1997 period (Come to Daddy, Hard Normal Daddy Chiastic Slide), then a step up in 2001 for all major electronic music artists (Confield, Drukqs, GoPlastic), then nothing happened, nothing was fresh until that set. The Big 3 were all stagnant (Autechre goes in circle, Aphex jerks in a circle) ... until the Breezeblock mix.

Man that set is THE ULTIMATE electronic music SET. Nothing on his previous albums is close to it _as a whole_. 25 minutes of pure bliss. Each time you think he can't top his set, he tops it with another "OMG MOMENT". It's like when he goes to the second-to-last track with these CRRR CRR CRR stuff. OMG!!!!11~ :happy:

Let's hope his new album goes into that direction, anyway he should have released his breezeblock set as an album. I wish I could hear a non-FM broadcast of this someday...

It's a great set for sure, but I prefer Hard Normal Daddy if we're talking about all of Squarepusher's material. However, I think most of us can agree that the Breezeblock set was better than the Venus 17 EP, which just came off as kind of flat due to mastering or something.

if you're any sort of a fan of the big boys then its pointless comparing them.. and i'm a MASSIVE squarepusher fan and think that breezeblock fan is ace but ........... so is aphex's torino set and ae's glasgow set.

and another thing..... squarepousher's roppongio liveset kicks a hell of a lot of ass. just when you think his studio stuff is amazing he blows you away with live reworkings iof clasic tunes....... Ultimately i think he's best live and on fire and in-the-moment.

nothing can top his interview in modulations where he shows us the casio he made all of big loada with and the bacon he was cooking up for electronic music fuel

It's a great set for sure, but I prefer Hard Normal Daddy if we're talking about all of Squarepusher's material. However, I think most of us can agree that the Breezeblock set was better than the Venus 17 EP, which just came off as kind of flat due to mastering or something.

Yeah I felt this aswell.

nothing can top his interview in modulations where he shows us the casio he made all of big loada with and the bacon he was cooking up for electronic music fuel

Haha bloody classic, and the other artists showing off their NASA equipment not even within reach of Tom's ass hair.

i checked out that breezeblock mix, kinda sort innit>?

i have a feeling that tom is just getting better with each new release since go plastic

that's also when i started getting into electronic music seriously so that's cool

Anybody feels that whatever Squarepusher will do in the future, well nothing will ever compare, or top... his Breezeblock set in 2004.

It's the ultimate modern electronic music setpiece that will never be topped by him. It's like we had the 1997 period (Come to Daddy, Hard Normal Daddy Chiastic Slide), then a step up in 2001 for all major electronic music artists (Confield, Drukqs, GoPlastic), then nothing happened, nothing was fresh until that set. The Big 3 were all stagnant (Autechre goes in circle, Aphex jerks in a circle) ... until the Breezeblock mix.

lol?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TNTFG

People, all this naggin on venus 17 EP. I agree the first two tracks are not too noteworthy, but have you all listened to the third track? Pure squarepusher bliss. Definitly one of my favorite tracks of his. Epic.

• 2 weeks later...

uhhh yeah his breezeblock set (the latter one) = his venus no.17 ep - Venus no. 17 + Anstromm-Feck 4 + a weirdy version of direct to mental.

People, all this naggin on venus 17 EP. I agree the first two tracks are not too noteworthy, but have you all listened to the third track? Pure squarepusher bliss. Definitly one of my favorite tracks of his. Epic.

I think the entire EP is fucking ace. And I don't understand the 'flat' comment. I guess it's just not as brickwall-compressed as his earlier albums, but I like that.

• 3 months later...
Erm.

Do You Know Squarepusher?

Anyone?

Gotta agree. Nothing will ever be as good as this album in my opinion, except maybe if he goes back to doing this sorta stuff and does another album like it. That would be really good.

Archived